"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this horrible, horrible mess makes me think of the only ever thing Camilla’s father ever told the press: “in this family we keep our trap shut.” Wasn’t he right…

I only feel incredible sadness that it has come so far. And it is also telling that Meghan seems no calming effect on him, or is not able to calm him, as "a wise wife who knows best". It looks like she is only the fuel on the fire.

At least the Duke and Duchess of Windsor never went so far to attack the King, the Queen, the Heir, the spouse of the Heir and the sister of the late Queen. Very ungentlemanlike and also very remarkable as one would assume that -despite all and everything- the interest of the Royal House always is Numero Uno.

Like supporters of football teams use to say "No one is bigger than the club" (not even a Messi or a Ronaldo). That notion seems totally absent with Harry.

It seems as though Harry wants apologies as follows:

• Camilla for sacrificing Harry to the press in order to improve her public image in a campaign focused on becoming Queen Consort;
  • Charles and William for colluding with the press in leaking/planting negative stories about Meghan in order to beef up their own public profiles;
  • William and Kate for stereotyping Meghan as a divorced, biracial, American actress, which prevented them from developing a close relationship;
  • He also appears to want a lot of lesser apologies for all sorts of slights he has endured throughout his life.

All the above might be possible if Camilla, William and Kate accept that they did those things but even if they are guilty, would they not also have a list of things that Harry and Meghan need to apologise for?

I think it's well established that royal aide Mark Bolland orchestrated a powerful press campaign to increase Charles' popularity after Diana's death and also to persuade the public to accept Camilla. It's not clear, however, how much Camilla herself had a hand in feeding the press juicy morsels about Harry in return for positive coverage.

I imagine by now, Charles and William are seething with anger, weighed down by sorrow at their fractured family and they'll need to put on a brave face in public trying not to show their emotions (they're used to that of course).

I think Harry has proved to the whole world that is very much paranoid and delusional now . Exactly like William and Charles said - every much not a well person

He claimed that he and Meghan fled the country "in fear of our lives", and that he didn't want to end up being the next parent to have to explain to his children that their mother had been killed. Some of the press coverage was certainly unpleasant, but it never put Meghan in any physical danger. And he said that a police chief told him that Diana's death was like a chain of bicycle links and wouldn't have happened if any of those links hadn't been there, which, as far as he was concerned, meant that it was entirely the fault of the paparazzi. What about the drunk driver, the speeding, and the not wearing a seat belt?

He's obsessed with the press and he's paranoid about this idea that they're out to harm him, and that other members of his family are "in bed with the devil".

And nothing's ever his fault. Even the Nazi uniform was William and Kate's fault. He's entirely blameless. So he genuinely seems to think.

Prince Harry: I asked my brother-- I said, "What are your plans? How are you and Kate getting up there?" And then, a couple of hours later, you know, all of the fam-- family members that live within the Windsor and Ascot area were jumping on a plane together, a plane with 12, 14, maybe 16 seats.

Anderson Cooper: You were not invited on that plane?

Prince Harry: I was not invited.

It's a good thing he didn't go on that plane. He'd have blabbed about the other passengers, their behavior and their conversations -- essentially these private moments of mourning -- on these interview programs.

Without Meghan, I think he’d still be part of the Firm. Meghan introduced him to another way to live and once his awareness of the world changed, he could not go back. There’s a saying that once you become a pickle, you can’t go back to being a cucumber.

Harry is free from all the drama and I think he’s happy with the life he now has.

Free of all the drama? Sierously? He has been gone from the royal life for almost 3 years and he is STILL wallowing in the drama

I wonder: is there no one in his social circle who can tell him that people get fed up, that in a short time no one wants to listen to their story anymore, that this also has a very negative impact on their later life and the 'good works" they want to do.
How do americans think about them. I thought that in the USA they were first supported but that the support is declining.
Surely there must be someone with more common sense in their social circle??

Has anyone got anything to say about his remarks about Diana's crash and death? the minute that I saw, he was saying that he had been driven in the tunnel and that it should have been perfectly safe even if the driver had had a drink or 2.... which is nonsense. He also siad something about paps jumping on the car which did not happen. I dont know if he touched on the fact that Diana was being driven by a man who did not have licence or training to drive the car, and that none of them were wearing seat belts. But i get the feeling that he was trying to blame the paparazzie exclusively for the crash.. and the truth is that while they were very much in the wrong, Di's car outdistanced them, and they were not at the crash till after it happeend.

Last edited:
Free of all the drama? Sierously? He has been gone from the royal life for almost 3 years and he is STILL wallowing in the drama

I did make it to some videos. (Couldn't inflict his self-indulgent babble on myself but I made it to his expression.) He looks unbelievably unhappy and aggressive to me. If it was the time of the big bad Empire, Tom Bradby would have been immediately shipped off to the farthest jungle and left there for the sin of presuming about Harry the Good and Wise.

I guess that settles it, then. Meghan lied and insinuated at Oprah about the evil racist family because she had baby brain.

Here. One thing for Diana and Mummy Meg's poor little baby to apologize for. Say it, Aitch. Say, "I'm sorry we hinted that my former family was racist and I apologize for doing it in a way that would let our supporters carry the torch for us while at the end, we can always look at the interviewer innocently and say, "But we never said they were racist!" I'm sorry for sitting by, watching the world tear my former family apart and basking in the sympathy without never doing anything to remove the suspicion. I'm sorry for misleading the people ready to defend us."

Show him how it's done, Meghan. Take hint from the class of the birthday girl who was willing to overlook your horrible manners and bring flowers to you anyway. Flowers that you were so proud to have thrown in the bin.

Last edited:
I think Harry has proved to the whole world that is very much paranoid and delusional now . Exactly like William and Charles said - every much not a well person

where did they say he is not a well person? I dont remember them making any comments about Harry.

He said at the end that he was very happy with.his life at the moment. Well, he's got a very funny way of showing it.

I wonder: ....
How do americans think about them. I thought that in the USA they were first supported but that the support is declining.

People that I know like the monarchy. The family and friends I've recently talked to consider Harry's book and the Netflix doc to be huge mistakes. By far, the most worrisome bit is H's talk of the body count.

He said at the end that he was very happy with.his life at the moment. Well, he's got a very funny way of showing it.

Yes indeed he has indeed and my thoughts too!

I think someone needs to tell Kerry Kennedy that the Sussexes don't believe the rf is racist. Maybe she should ask for her award back.

Evidently it's all the press's fault that people think the rf is racist. Nothing to do with the Sussexes at all apparently!

Good point. Why did they accept the award?

Good point. Why did they accept the award?

Also, the comment to Oprah - about the racist remark did not come from the Queen or the DOE. He had ever opportunity over the year to correct the incorrect assumption - the allusion made was what they intended. They wanted people to jump on the racial bandwagon. They have never left it - but now they are softening their stance - the real question should be why?

Also, the comment to Oprah - about the racist remark did not come from the Queen or the DOE. He had ever opportunity over the year to correct the incorrect assumption - the allusion made was what they intended. They wanted people to jump on the racial bandwagon. They have never left it - but now they are softening their stance - the real question should be why?
I think its because he wants to attack William and Charles and Camilla and Kate, more directly now. He just seems to have his knife out for all of them and will attack them over everything and nothing. If nothing shows up, I think he will make stuff up or exaggerate it to make his brother, sister in law father and stepmother look bad.
I think that he may be 'putting some of it on, in relation to his father and camilla but there is a genuine angry visceral reaction to William that has been building up in Harry for some years and now he's ready to lash out violently at him. Im sure he realises that Willaim has been increasingly liked in the UK in the past couple of years, since Covid, and that infuriates Harry.. and he is making all these attacks to slam his brother....
He might, IMO return to racism a bit later, trusting that the memory of the public will be vague.

Last edited:
It's a good thing he didn't go on that plane. He'd have blabbed about the other passengers, their behavior and their conversations -- essentially these private moments of mourning -- on these interview programs.

Like everyone else in the family except her children, their spouses and William who was probably needed because Charles needed him to be ready to assume his new role ASAP and other ceremonial/legal stuff.

Harry seems to believe that he is the only one of his generation that loved the Queen. And he never mentions that he got/gets more perks than his 6 other cousins. Two of whom are older than him and who's mother was bumped down the LOS by her gender when her much younger brothers were born.

And given recent events we can't rule out that they wouldn't have secretly filmed things and that the family were aware of this. Plus even if a person was truly self absorbed and self righteous, why in God's name would anyone think Meghan needed to be there? How is that going to make it better for anyone? Harry can't even say "Meghan should have been there because Kate was" because she wasn't.

It is curious how Harry thinks it is OK to tell his father not to marry Camilla, but had a temper tantrum when someone in his family told him that he should have slowed down and not married Meghan.

It is curious how Harry thinks it is OK to tell his father not to marry Camilla, but had a temper tantrum when someone in his family told him that he should have slowed down and not married Meghan.
Oh that's easy. Cam should never have been able to marry Charles because she was his mistress during the marriage to H's mother.

re this stuff about the Matron at his school? Did he really say that he and the others lauged at her because she was not pretty and was not in good shape? REally? was there nothing to make him seem any better on this issue? He could have said we had this matron at school and she was very plain, and Im afraid we were awful brat who laughed at her soemtimes.

Yes he would have. The evidence from the Oprah interview and knowing there was a book about to be published would be enough for them to want privacy at that time. I don't blame the family if they didn't want Harry or Meghan there.

re this stuff about the Matron at his school? Did he really say that he and the others lauged at her because she was not pretty and was not in good shape? REally? was there nothing to make him seem any better on this issue? He could have said we had this matron at school and she was very plain, and Im afraid we were awful brat who laughed at her soemtimes.

The woman was in chronic pain. Chronic pain. Like, her spine was twisted. She had horrible issues with her knees. And he mocked her. The very soul of compassion. And he doubles down on it now, reaffirming that she had greasy hair and all.

I haven't read the book but no, the excerpt I read, which was pretty detailed said that like a lot of young boys they all got horny by certain matrons and teachers but that there was one who didn't "make us horny" because she was older, "ugly", had a twisted spine and thus a hunch and could only go upstairs backwards. He pulled faces at her from the bottom whilst she was going up backwards to make his friends laugh. Which..... No hint of "I'm sorry Pat, that was terrible of me" or "obviously now I realise I was wrong but that's "the prince I was". It's of course possible that it's there but was not included but it doesn't seem likely.

I mean not that he knew it at the time but it's especially insensitive to write it now considering he know Eugenie suffered with scoliosis. Even if he doesn't care about Pat, he allegedly does care about Eugenie and she has made she scoliosis part of her public identity.

Last edited:

Yes he did and he also revealed that he would imitate her walk to get a reaction from his classmates.

I don't have the book since it won't be released until tomorrow but I sincerely hope that there is an acknowledgement that his behavior was unacceptable and unkind.

I recall seeing a timeline of the day The Queen died and it was notable and odd to me that the Sussexes spokespeople were issuing statements about Meghan accompanying Harry to Scotland for hours after the initial bulletin about The Queen's declining health. I suspect that Harry was not on the plane because he was "in discussions" with Charles and in the meantime the other family members were getting themselves to the airport to take off to Scotland.

ETA:
Here is an article with a timeline. To correct / clarify my comment above, one of the statements was from a spokesperson but after that the statements were from the PA or Omid Scobie.

Also, it should be noted that unfortunately The Queen passed away even before the family members who traveled on the earlier plan arrived at Balmoral.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...h-certificate-reveals-passed-away-3-10pm.html

Last edited:
Wow. Prince Harry, me thinks "you doth protest to much", regarding your happiness because you surely don't come off appearing that way to me.
And THAT is in a controlled media interview environment no less.

Oh, and Curbside your view that " and it feels like his whole family is safer Stateside "....I believe this literally just got blown apart last week with his irresponsible retelling of "Taliban Kills". If he was still living in Windsor, the steel ring of security there is would be nearly impregnable. Same as a visit to Balmoral.

Lord Louis Mountbatten and 3 others died in that politically motivated assassination in Ireland in 1979. The family was was enjoying a little boat fishing trip on a summers day.
Just this year Salmon Rushdie was violently stabbed and nearly died while speaking in public at a Education Center in NY this past August.

I can practically guarantee that Harry's Security Team was outraged by his boasts. Unnecessary and grossly irresponsible. Putting them and the Sussex's at greater risk.
If I was him now, or Meghan I would certainly be looking over my back on beach trips in Montecito.

BUT then again, Harry has already identified his REAL enemies.....arch nemesis William and I'm sorry I'm laughing as I write this.....
" Dangerous " Camilla.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom