"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was completely unnecessary. And nasty.

If TQ were alive, she’d have been deeply hurt. She was very close to her sister.

Though- if she didn’t think much of Harry, at this point, I can’t say I blame her. I don’t either.

I actually find it easy to believe that Margaret was cold and maybe even mean to Harry as a child. She didn’t seem like a warm person who would have a ton of patience for noisy, active little boys. So fair enough, he doesn’t have good memories of her.

I’m also sure the Queen knew Margaret wasn’t an easy person to be around sometimes and wouldn’t have been shocked by Harry’s observations.

What changes everything is that he chose to say these things in public, about a woman who’s been dead for ages. Who has a burning desire to know what Harry’s relationship was like with Margaret? No one, that’s who! These observations add nothing of value to the book and I’m sure Harry bringing Margaret up like that would have been very hurtful to the Queen, even if (in private) she agreed with him.

A comment on the Daily Mail Websites says the Book should be renamed....."Spares No One".

I have always found Margaret to be a very complicated figure. I do wonder if she had been allowed to marry Townsend, a man who adored her and understood how the Institution worked, perhaps She might gave been happy.

She, like Harry and Diana's relationship, was adored by her beloved Father. A born "spare" as he himself was.
He called daughters Elizabeth and Margaret "his pride and joy". His death was heartbreaking for her. George Vl seems to have been a lovely man. A very difficult upbringing for him too. BUT funny enough known for his temper outbursts the Family called 'gnashes'.

Anyway, Margaret was told if she persisted in wanting to marry Townsend that she would supposedly lose her prestige and civil list money. The Men in Grey at work again.

Unfortunately, she gave in or up and then married Snowdon. A disaster and toxic marriage. Tabloid fodder pre internet for decades. But, Margaret was a good mother, and loyal sister so there's that.

And Harry thinks he had it tough......

Last edited:
Often i think back at the Archewell motto (i've copied it from there website)
"At Archewell, we unleash the power of compassion to drive systemic cultural change."

they sure are unleashing, but i've yet to see compassion with anyone, apart from themselves.

Tom Bradby has read the book and says he will challenge some of things Harry says in it. I'm watching the interview now.

I actually find it easy to believe that Margaret was cold and maybe even mean to Harry as a child. She didn’t seem like a warm person who would have a ton of patience for noisy, active little boys. So fair enough, he doesn’t have good memories of her.

I’m also sure the Queen knew Margaret wasn’t an easy person to be around sometimes and wouldn’t have been shocked by Harry’s observations.

What changes everything is that he chose to say these things in public, about a woman who’s been dead for ages. Who has a burning desire to know what Harry’s relationship was like with Margaret? No one, that’s who! These observations add nothing of value to the book and I’m sure Harry bringing Margaret up like that would have been very hurtful to the Queen, even if (in private) she agreed with him.

I really don’t know enough about Margaret to have a strong opinion about her. I know she could be difficult. She didn’t marry who she really wanted.

Harry’s recollections of her may be similar to other people’s. That really isn’t my issue.

Mine is that this was made public. It was an thoroughly unnecessary swipe towards a family member who is long dead. It was unkind. No one was dying to know this information either.

But I have strong feelings about private family matters being made public to begin with. Hence one of the reasons my opinion of Harry and Meghan has nosedived in the last 3 plus years. They never shut up.

I just read his story about asking TQ’s permission to marry Meghan. Can’t say I cared much for it either.

If anyone is interested in the possible fall out from the comments about Afghanistan this is the view from John Baron MP. He's not impressed. He explains the present sensitive situation in the country very clearly.

Last edited:
I'm not hearing any breaking news from the interview? Looked online and seems to be same old.

I'm not hearing any breaking news from the interview? Looked online and seems to be same old.

It hasn’t aired yet. The UK one is in half an hour and the US one in three hours or so

Why did he need to mention her at all. There is a theme here that everybody in his life has been horrible to him.

Maybe he was instructed to include as much tittle tattle as possible by the publishers. It's all rather catty. Who on earth cares what a great nephew thinks about a great aunt!

The UK one is on now, I flicked it on a min ago to check and heard Harry saying "I love my father, I love my brother.." and switched off.

The UK one is on now, I flicked it on a min ago to check and heard Harry saying "I love my father, I love my brother.." and switched off.

Yes it is on just now, I have recorded it, I don't think I could bear to listen to him. I might reconsider later on that is why I have it on record. I am cringing reading about this stuff never mind listen to him say it.

But I have strong feelings about private family matters being made public to begin with. Hence one of the reasons my opinion of Harry and Meghan has nosedived in the last 3 plus years. They never shut up.

It is very bad form to publicise private family conversations. To personally profit from them is pretty contemptible.

He's okay.

Very fine for the first 15 minutes when talking about Diana. Now moved on and he is being increasingly.... keeps bringing it all back to the media and accountability. Very snarky if challenged. Keeps saying he hasn't said anything bad about anyone in the book.

I'm same, and don't want to give it the viewing figures. Keeping an eye on a few live blogs following it but they aren't saying much. I guess it was designed to be more shocking before all the leaks maybe but now it seems pretty tame?

I'm same, and don't want to give it the viewing figures. Keeping an eye on a few live blogs following it but they aren't saying much. I guess it was designed to be more shocking before all the leaks maybe but now it seems pretty tame?

Reading the live blog now and I think that’s it. These would have been very shocking if the book hadn’t leaked- things like the drug use admissions and the stuff about Diana- but we’ve been reading it for days so it’s not landing that way.

It is the book that intends to shock, not so sure about the interview. I would be interested to see if Tom Bradby pushes him in anyway, he is a serious journalist but Harry is his friend. So not sure how far he will push Harry.

I would also like Bradbys views on Harry and if he has concerns about him, we will never know that.

Harry is a walking, talking joke.

'Nothing of what I've done in this book or otherwise has ever been to harm them or hurt them.'

Now its just unfollowable. Bever really know what je is talking about. The offices basically bully eachother.

I'm 50 minutes into the Tom Bradby interview on ITV - re: tabloid stuff - Harry says William & Kate suffered from the same thing that happened to him & Meghan. It came from Pa and Camilla onto William & Kate and also onto him & Meghan but also says that William & Kate's office went on to do the the same that had been done to them to him & Meghan. Sorry about the shorthand - trying to keep up...

The late Caroline Flack's agent, Alex Mullen, has described Harry as "gross" for bringing Caroline into the book.

I've watched some of the interview, and Tom Bradby's useless. He hasn't even questioned how exactly the book "wasn't intended" to hurt anyone when it quite obviously was. I'd love to see someone like Jeremy Paxman interview this whingeing idiot.

Bradby did ask how Charles and William would feel if they read the book, and Harry said he doubted they'd read it, but that he'd want any discussions about it to be private. This is from the man who sold details of private conversations for 20 million pieces of silver.

Now it's "Silence only allows the abuser to abuse". Seriously, he's claiming to be a victim of abuse? I think I've watched more than enough!

Last edited:
The late Caroline Flack's agent, Alex Mullen, has described Harry as "gross" for bringing Caroline into the book.

I've watched some of the interview, and Tom Bradby's useless. He hasn't even questioned how exactly the book "wasn't intended" to hurt anyone when it quite obviously was. I'd love to see someone like Jeremy Paxman interview this whingeing idiot.

He'd never agree to be interviewed by a hard hitter like Paxman. He knows perfectly well he'd be exposed.

Bradby did ask how Charles and William would feel if they read the book, and Harry said he doubted they'd read it, but that he'd want any discussions about it to be private. This is from the man who sold details of private conversations for 20 million pieces of silver.

WHAT?! He had the audacity to say that HE would like any discussions about the book to be private. Really. He literally sold his family’s privacy. But he wants privacy.

The book “wasn’t intended” to hurt anyone. Of course it was.

He has just lost it now. Just absolutely crazy stuff. Reconciling with the family could inspire the world.

Grrrr, the DM site is turning turning and not loading the live blog.

He is just proving himself to be a very emotionally distraught, bitter man.

I am reading the telegraph's blog, a bit slow but oh boy Harry no they aren't going to read it and really you don't think you are hurting anyone.

So what is harry's confusion about Diana's death?

For real? Talk about entitled. I thought I was cynical at times but I'm the soul of compassion and empathy compared to the man he's become. *taking a bow*.

To the ones having the nerves to actually watch Mr Prince "I'll torment this disabled woman because she doesn't turn me on" - give us an update if he once again repeats that he's being so compassionate to his family with this book? I do need a laugh. Bonus points if he says once again that his door is so generously open if the RF begs for forgiveness on their knees.

I think Harry has proved to the whole world that is very much paranoid and delusional now . Exactly like William and Charles said - every much not a well person

Tom Bradby looked a bit bemused through most of that.

Honestly, it was incoherent. I don't actually what he was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom