Russian Royal Jewels, “The Royal Jewels, Episode 2”.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sun Lion

Heir Presumptive
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
A wonderful documentary. (In English.)
A good history lesson through the stories of many beautiful pieces, most now lost, a few saved.
Elizabeth Taylor’s famous emeralds coming from a Grand Duchess originally.
Not to mention the world’s most famous pearl.
Prince Michael of Kent choking up.
Gave me a better understanding of QEII’s lovely circle tiara.
Many great close-ups.
(Sorry if this is already posted somewhere on the forums, couldn’t find if it had been or not.)

That's a great documentary! Thanks for finding and sharing it in RFs.

That's a great documentary! Thanks for finding and sharing it in RFs.
You’re very welcome Toledo.
I watch a lot of YouTube’s … on my TV … and interesting things keep popping up that I haven’t had to go looking for.
This was a good history lesson, but told through beautiful jewels.
Back in the late 1960s the Russian Revolution, and the executions of the family, were a big part of our government eduction in Tasmania where I grew up.
We even had a book to study just covering that.
It probably is no longer considered valuable to understand.
It was interesting to me to consider that the Bolsheviks may have failed for lack of funds … and all the following problems of the twentieth century from Communism may not have come about … if the wealth of the elite in Russia hadn’t been hoarded only to then fall into the hands of those who created death and misery for millions.
I was very taken with the Sunburst tiara, but googling it, that seems to have been a popular style at that time, and there are many beautiful versions called that, beautiful photos in Google Images.
Another interesting video popped up a few days ago about Empress Farah of Iran’s life. Lots of beautiful jewels there, but I’ve read, not good quality stones.
The Iranian family used to get a lot of coverage here in Australia before that Revolution.
Pre-internet, when our magazines were serious, that good looking family were often covered by the more cosmopolitan editors we had then … bringing the rest of the world closer to us here in Australia, so far away from everywhere else.
I remember Empress Farah once being quoted as saying how much a tiara of hers hurt by the end of the evening, but QEII showed her how her own had a cushioning inner rim which made a difference.
I think episode 1 of this documentary is somewhere here on the forum, and that is more about the Danish jewels.

Back
Top Bottom