Royal Ascot 3: 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps he has his cancer treatment today.
Maybe. Or he just needed a day of rest. He’s been pretty busy the last few days in particular.

Good turn out today. There are some nice photos of William, Beatrice, Sophie, Zara, etc together.

Nice that the Middletons could come today too.

It was really nice to see Ella yesterday being included in the carriage procession and seeming to have a good time. The picture with her and Zara was lovely.

Great to see members of the family out, even those not in carriages, and interacting. Especially the cousins.

I always find it interesting who gets invited into the carriages

Day 1:
King and Queen
Duke and Duchess of Wellington-friends of the royal couple. The Duke carried the crown for Camilla's coronation

Princess Royal and her son Peter Philips
Lady Gabriella Kingston
John Warren-The late queen's racing manager

Earl and Countess of Halifax: Both members of the jockey club. The Countess' first husband was Camilla's former brother in law Richard Parker Bowles.
Annabel and Ben Elliot-Camilla's sister and nephew. Ben's son Arthur was a page at coronation

Sir and Lady John Weatherby-he was the queen's trustee to Ascott for 23 years and helped modernize it
Ralph Beckett and his wife-he is a racehorse trainer

day 2:
The Queen
POW
Earl and Countess of Halifax 2nd appearance

Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
Andrew Lloyd Webber and his wife-Prince Edward worked for him back in the 90s. His wife is a former equestrian and they own a stud farm.

Eugenie and Jack
Lady Sarah Keswick-one of Queen's companions. Her husband died in April, was a racehorse owner.
Mark Prescott-race horse owner

Marchioness of Landsdowne-another of the queen's companions
Earl of Rosslyn-master of Charles' household since 2014 (former cop) now Lord steward
Baroness Westenholz is another of the queen's companions, and her husband who has helped Charles in restoring Dumfries house.

What determines which family members/race attendees get to take part in the carriage procession? I would have thought Zara and Beatrice would get an automatic place but obviously not. I would have thought the King would have the final say but not sure why he would invite Eugenie and not Beatrice. I am probably overthinking this.

What determines which family members/race attendees get to take part in the carriage procession? I would have thought Zara and Beatrice would get an automatic place but obviously not. I would have thought the King would have the final say but not sure why he would invite Eugenie and not Beatrice. I am probably overthinking this.

Beatrice and Zara will most likely get a carriage ride on another day. I think Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Peter usually get 1 carriage ride each. But they might still attend on other days as well...
Today there were a lot of royals there, Princess Anne and the Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh didn't to ride in the carriages today either.
I believe the King chooses who gets to ride in the carriages, yes.

In generally they seem to share it out so everyone gets one day riding in the carriages. Peter Philips, Eugenie & Jack have had their turn so likely Zara and Mike, Beatrice & Edo will have theirs on one of the remaining three days.

In the late Queen's time she and Philip hosted a large houseparty at Windsor Castle and guests would be driven to the edge of Windsor Great park in limousines and switch in the park into the carriages for the final bit of the journey. Other guests get taken by car/minibus.

I don't think there is any "choosing" as such going on, I suspect by the end of Saturday pretty much all the working royal family, plus the King's nieces and nephews who are attending will have had a ride in the carriages. Add in the extra members of the RF - Lady Gabriella for example, and then guests of the King & Queen.

Everybody in the Family has looked so splendid – and so happy – at Ascot, interacting with each other, showing how naturally friendly and loving the RF is with each other. And the soft pinks and creams of the ladies' clothes are just glorious. One day I would like to see LLouise there, but I suspect she is back at uni. I didn't actually think that Prince William would be there, but he was, looking quite relaxed which is great; it seems PCatherine is doing well at the moment, long may it last.

Everybody in the Family has looked so splendid – and so happy – at Ascot, interacting with each other, showing how naturally friendly and loving the RF is with each other. And the soft pinks and creams of the ladies' clothes are just glorious. One day I would like to see LLouise there, but I suspect she is back at uni. I didn't actually think that Prince William would be there, but he was, looking quite relaxed which is great; it seems PCatherine is doing well at the moment, long may it last.

I really did enjoy seeing all the happy, friendly interactions among the RF. They looked to have had a really fun afternoon.

William’s amusement at Eugenie’s tassel really was funny. Looking at Zara and Beatrice- I’d have thought they’d coordinated their outfits. They just really looked nice side by side. The triumphant photo of Eugenie was just so priceless in its joy and enthusiasm. It would be nice to see Louise there someday.

I figured William would be at Ascot at least one day. He usually is. And it makes some sense it would be one day when Charles isn’t here. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the only day he attends, but we’ll see.

The Royals on the carriages today for the royal procession of Royal Ascot Day 3 (Ladies Day) are as follows:

The King and Queen

The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh
David, The Earl of Snowdon

Princess Anne & Sir Tim
The Lady Sarah & Mr Daniel Chatto

Mrs Zara and Mr Mike Tindall

Anyone here to explain the coloured labels, I was suprised to see the differences between blue, large/double yellow and simple yellow ones. Saw the Middletons once with small yellow ones and the same day with yellow/blue ones. Is it really a "blood/title" thing? I expected some of the "yellow" labelled persons closer than some "blue" ones.
:unsure:

Txs and have a nice day.

No Andrew and Sarah at Ascot. No Princes Michael too
Their 2 daughters were not seen on a carriage ?

No Andrew and Sarah at Ascot. No Princes Michael too
Their 2 daughters were not seen on a carriage ?
Andrew is banished from Ascot. Sarah and their daughters were all there yesterday. The Michaels have mobility problems, so I don’t expect to see them, at least not in the carriages.

Nice we have seen all the king's adult nieces and nephews (well minus Louise who is still school even if adult) and his cousins. Beatrice the only one who hasn't been in a carriage.

Carriage 1:
King and Queen
Duke and Duchess of Devonshire-he was the queen's representative to Ascot for years

Carriage 2:
Edward and Sophie
Earl of Snowdon- king's cousin
Princess Zahra Aga Khan-breeder and owner of prized race horses

Carriage 3
Anne and Tim (2nd appearance for her first for Tim)
Lady Sarah Chatto and her husband-king's cousin and husband

Carriage 4
Zara and Mike
Duke and Duchess of Richmond and Gordon: couple's estate houses Goodwood racecourse

Would it not be splendid if The Princess of Wales was in a carriage procession?

Would it not be splendid if The Princess of Wales was in a carriage procession?
Assuming that the Princess is well enough to take part given her recent well publicised ill health!

Back
Top Bottom