Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Queen's tiara? Well, maybe. But with the current Queen, I'd be mighty pleased if we'd see the shell tiara on her again. ;) Or Queen Sofia, as it it. She seems to skip tiara events since the abdication, but this tiara would have been perfect for Oslo last week.

I don't think we will see Queen Sofia at any tiara events as these events will be given out of deference to Queen Letizia which is a pity as Queen Sofia knows how to wear jewels with pride.

Yes, unfortunately the Spanish Royals are not like the Dutch, where Maxima and Beatrix have no problem shining side by side.

Yes those are some very magnificent pearls, just outrageous and huge. That diamond and ruby pendant is just outstanding.....that is one big stone in the center.... a ruby ?

Thanks. It is even greater worn in full version. The only thing I dislike it the emerald earrings. Do not go with the ruby.

Queen Frederica managed to pull it off,she always looked regal and was a great jewel instructor to her daughter who knows how to wear the Spanish royal jewels with pride.

Hopefully we'll see another queen Sofia tiara event soon,its been far too long.

I don't think she has worn a tiara since the abdication, which is a pity. She hasn't attended State Banquets, nor the recent birthday galas in Sweden and Norway. It's possible that we'll not see her wearing a tiara again. :sad:

Thanks Mary Rose. It was not the best dress for jewels.
She wears more and more her Mothers's pendant . Nostalgie ?

Thanks Mary Rose. It was not the best dress for jewels.
She wears more and more her Mothers's pendant . Nostalgie ?

Ive notices the same, maybe its nostalgie. I think her mother wore this pendant often too, after her son became King.. And I agree the dress was not that suitable for the jewels.

Q.Letizia wore the Cartier Tiara we have also seen on Q.Sofia. I dont think this was a favourite Tiara for her. Not counted official pictures or worn as Necklace. *first and last time worn

Fleur de Lys. 15x. ( March 1983-2014)*
Cartier Loop. 4x. (1972/ 2006-2007)*
Cartier Pearl & Diamond. 15x (1987-2007)*
Mellerio Shell. 55x (1962-2010)*
Floral Tiara. 65x (1979-2011)*
Prussian. 22x (1956-2006)*
Ruby Bandeau 7x (1971-2009)*

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you for this. Does that mean her first tiara appearance was during a French state visit in 1956?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/9d/cf/37/9dcf3764a13735fe4b1ee8195b32cf6b--paris-match-la-france.jpg

Also, I'm very surprised she wore the loop tiara only 4 times. It's a stunning tiara.

If im not wrong there was an official Gala Dinner in honour of her 18th birthday november 1956 and some offcial pictures she wore the prussian. but the state visit to France was in June 1956. very interesting she wore a Tiara before her 18th birthday.

About the Loop most possible itwas inherited by Countess of Barcelona until her death, she loaned the Tiara to Sofia when she was still Princess, and had worn just the Prussian,Shell and Ruby (she had no acess to the Fleur de lys and the Floral was just worn once as necklace until 1979) The provenance is still not clear, Maybe JC/Sofia received the Tiara after the Countess death or JC bought it back from one of his sisters.

Last edited:
It is amazing that she started to wear the floral tiara (as tiara) so late in her life, given that it became a firm favourite in later years. In her early years, between her wedding and the accession, she seemed to favour the Prussian tiara, although she already had the shell, which was rarely worn, and the floral, which wasn't worn at all. I was wondering: Is it possible, that she was given the floral tiara as a necklace only, without a frame? Obviously the jewel was designed to be a tiara, but the frame might have be lost and could have been recreated in later years.

Queen Letizia wearing queen Sofia's sapphire earrings,they really are gorgeous.

https://goo.gl/images/XmnhwV

I'm uneasy with Queen Sofia giving her daughter in jewelry as she probably won't wear them except the earrings,hopefully queen Sofia's granddaughters will inherit her love of jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom