Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 7: July 2022 - September 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing this look has going for it is the color of the dress. Letizia always looks amazing in red. Besides the color there is nothing to say..the look is so meh. This is how one dresses when afraid to outshine or outdo the main lady
The problems is the main lady is The Queen of Spain.

The First Lady of Colombia on the other hand came to slay! The dress is fabulous. The gorgeous color, the fit...perfection. All she needed was a tiara. Go Verónica!

Letizia looks fantastic. You don't always need to be dripping in bling to be elegant. Sometimes all that bling ends up just looking tacky - too much oh look at me and all my jewels. Better to take the Coco Chanel approach. Red is a great color on her and the gravitas comes with the cut of the dress. I like the hair down..it's different.

The Colombian First Lady looks fantastic as well. Love that color and the cape dress is always a favorite.

It's the Columbian First Lady but other than that I agree. I like the colour but the dress is flimsy and has no gravitas. Terrible hair with a tiara that looks like the hairband of a school girl.
I agree that although red suits Letizia, the dress is not the best choice for a banquet at the state visit and she could have done something with her hair. If she doesn't like updos, she could have worn her hair with this tiara for instance like at the Russian state visit in 2006:
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/56...=iOeF-2d8vyHi3zEu9e7OCHwiL9Kd4k7OozWhS45XwFM=

And I wish she would stop using the fake tanning, it doesn't look good on her.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=scF2y6SXLH7z2LvrHFT8tVNUiZMcX8GWVK7xGONeeeg=

Queen Letizia looking great in red at the state dinner of the state visit from Colombia this evening, May 3:

** Full view ** Side view ** gallery **

It is minimal for a Queen of Spain hosting a State Banquet. But okay: long dress + diadem + Orders. On itself nothing wrong. The enthusiasm never splashes of the screen with Letizia.

Last edited:
Lovely colour and great combination of red and blue, but I don't like the flaps on her waist (I don't remember what are they called lol), I always don't like this element and I dislike it even more when it's on full length gown.

It is minimal for a Queen of Spain hosting a State Banquet. But okay: long dress + diadem + Orders. On itself nothing wrong. The enthusiasm never splashes of the screen with Letizia.

Queen Letizia almost always wears only the minimum of Jewels for State Banquets. Somehow i have the feeling that she is not fond of Jewels and only wears them when she has to, except for earrings

Beautiful red dress and minimal jewels,but the lack of an upstyle really let the look down.
Its another example of Letizia looking half done,its a State Gala and by now she should understand attention to details.

Posts that did not discuss any fashion issues have been removed as off-topic.

I think the evening dress was perfectly adequate, though totally uninspiring.Ithink she could have done so much better.

I think the evening dress was perfectly adequate, though totally uninspiring.Ithink she could have done so much better.

No effort was made with her hairstyle,an upstyle would have made a difference but sadly Letizia doesn't think outside the box with events .

I agree that although red suits Letizia, the dress is not the best choice for a banquet at the state visit and she could have done something with her hair. If she doesn't like updos, she could have worn her hair with this tiara for instance like at the Russian state visit in 2006:

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/56...=iOeF-2d8vyHi3zEu9e7OCHwiL9Kd4k7OozWhS45XwFM=

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=scF2y6SXLH7z2LvrHFT8tVNUiZMcX8GWVK7xGONeeeg=

Wow. She looked stunning for the Russian state visit back in 2006. Her dress, hair, make up, jewels….so well put together and flattering.

Wow. She looked stunning for the Russian state visit back in 2006. Her dress, hair, make up, jewels….so well put together and flattering.

I don't think that we've seen that gown worn since,the jewels too are locked away!

She made an effort way back then! And I agree on the fake tanning.

Very lackluster appearance for this event.

Queen Letizia at the return event of the state visit this evening, May 4:

** gallery **

Last edited:
I had a brief optical illusion she was wearing flats. Too bad.

But she looks really lovely and elegant, dress and shoes.

I think little black dresses with 3/4 sleeves would look marvellous. I do not understand why Letizia so often is sleeveless. But ok. Her style.

Last edited:
Simple black dress always is a win. The Queen is one of the few who can go sleeveless, but I always think of being chilled without sleeves!

I don't think that we've seen that gown worn since,the jewels too are locked away!

That seems almost criminal!! Lol That dress is so unique, lovely and eye catching. I love it.

The jewels compliment it so nicely.

No effort was made with her hairstyle,an upstyle would have made a difference but sadly Letizia doesn't think outside the box with events .
I have been wondering for some time since the pandemic started, Letizia stopped coloring her hair and for awhile didn’t cut it because NO ONE was allowed to go to salons, wondering if she does not have the same access to a hairdresser that she used to have (meaning for every public occasion, it appeared): for budget reasons, for solidarity with normal people, IDK, but I think it is something more than “she doesn’t care, doesn’t go to the trouble, etc, etc.” that some posters seem to think.:flowers: Before the pandemic I remember that she was very creative with her hair and wore it in many different styles - both up and down. So I’ve been wondering about this.;)

Queen Letizia at the return event of the state visit this evening, May 4:

Nice black dress but minimal effort ,Letizia has done nothing with her hair during this state visit which is quite poor.
a pair of bracelets would have glamoured up this look but again no imagination.

I have been wondering for some time since the pandemic started, Letizia stopped coloring her hair and for awhile didn’t cut it because NO ONE was allowed to go to salons, wondering if she does not have the same access to a hairdresser that she used to have (meaning for every public occasion, it appeared): for budget reasons, for solidarity with normal people, IDK, but I think it is something more than “she doesn’t care, doesn’t go to the trouble, etc, etc.” that some posters seem to think.:flowers: Before the pandemic I remember that she was very creative with her hair and wore it in many different styles - both up and down. So I’ve been wondering about this.;)

No one had access to the salon during lockdown but that isn't the case now. I find it hard to believe she doesn't have access to a hair stylist particularly for special occasions. Her hair tonight is at least blown out and looks very nice. :flowers:

Queen Letizia elegant in white at a welcome dinner in Zagreb, Croatia, this evening, May 9:

** Upper part **

Queen Letizia elegant in white at a welcome dinner in Zagreb, Croatia, this evening, May 9:

** Upper part **

It's a nice suit and hairstyle but a dress would have been a nicer option for an official dinner.

A nice white pant-suit is peak classic Letizia. I will always remember her engagement announcement and the chic impression she left on me with her white pant suit.

Unlike many on this board I am of the opinion that a chic pant-suit is just as a good as a dress for cocktail attire.

I am of the opinion that a Queen is well aware of what is suitable and appealing for official situations. In other words, she sets the standards - “the King can do no wrong”, and the Queen can wear no wrong.
She looks fab!

A nice white pant-suit is peak classic Letizia. I will always remember her engagement announcement and the chic impression she left on me with her white pant suit.

Unlike many on this board I am of the opinion that a chic pant-suit is just as a good as a dress for cocktail attire.
The chic pant-suit at the engagement probably induced epic pearl-clutching in Spanish society and royalty. But that was then (and she looked amazing then) and this is now where she really looks great even with her minimalist accessories.

It's a nice suit and hairstyle but a dress would have been a nicer option for an official dinner.

That's white tuxedo, very popular this season for a dinner. Dr. Jill Biden also wore one at the official dinner in Spain.

Very chic well tailored, and I love the gold clutch.

I don't see why dress is a nicer option than suit for an official dinner. TBH as a woman that sounds wrong to me.

I like the suit and find it very suitable but I dislike the negligee type top underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom