Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed. She looked amazing in those sapphires.

I do love a tiara appearance, but those sapphires took some of the sting away. Just stunning.

Well said. Would have loved to see a tiara, but in its absence, it is good to see Camilla wear the hell out of those sapphires!

I find it curious that in Germany the king wore white tie and the Queen tiara, although the hosts were in black tie. Was there a miscommunication? If not, they could have done the same in France.

I find it curious that in Germany the king wore white tie and the Queen tiara, although the hosts were in black tie. Was there a miscommunication? If not, they could have done the same in France.

Again there's no miscommunication at this level but a dress code agreed by both parts well in advance.

In Germany it was White tie (the German President wore it) and in France Black tie, it's as simple as that and the royal couple looked absolutely the part in both cases.

Yes, you're right! I was under the impression that the German president wore black tie. I didn't check the pictures...
Well, then I guess the Germans are more posh than the French ?

Queen Camilla wore her turquoise and diamond earrings yesterday at a reception to mark 30 years of the Forward Arts Foundation

** Full view ** Upper part **

A really nice pair of earrings ,too often other pairs get lost behind Camilla's hair.

We already see far too few BRF tiara events . I wish they would resurrect wearing them to gala occasions like the Royal Command Performance or important occasions at the Royal Opera House. Sadly, I know this is a pipe dream.
I’m struck just how few full evening wear occasions with opportunities to bring out the serious jewels, the BRF have compared to other families.

I have a feeling that they might be dispensed with at the State Opening of Parliament going forward too, I can see this being a day dress event, which leaves the diplomatic reception and state banquets. Not even wearing them to the Coronation shows that they've been phased out big time. Diana wore hers loads back in the day too, it just doesn't happen anymore.

I have a feeling that they might be dispensed with at the State Opening of Parliament going forward too, I can see this being a day dress event, which leaves the diplomatic reception and state banquets.

We don't quite know about the dress code fo rthe State Opening of Parliament, but that is entirely possible. The Scandi countries all adopted day dress sometime back.

Diana wore hers loads back in the day too, it just doesn't happen anymore.

That was a while ago. Times change, social norms change and the royal family adapts to reflect those changes. As an example, few men wear suits to work now, let alone ties, or hats.

We don't quite know about the dress code fo rthe State Opening of Parliament, but that is entirely possible. The Scandi countries all adopted day dress sometime back.

But there also the form of the opening changed for example in Denmark and Sweden it is not the monarch anymore who gives the speech. This only remains in Norway where also the dresscode remained the same.

I have a feeling that they might be dispensed with at the State Opening of Parliament going forward too, I can see this being a day dress event, which leaves the diplomatic reception and state banquets. Not even wearing them to the Coronation shows that they've been phased out big time.

:sad: Oh, I really hope you're wrong. That's basically the only tiara event we have left!

:sad: Oh, I really hope you're wrong. That's basically the only tiara event we have left!

State Banquets, the Diplomatic Reception and the State Opening of Parliament. Lets see if the dress code for the State Opening changes. We will know on 7 November.

My hope is to see the King in uniform and the Queen Consort in gown and tiara with the regalia on display and maybe even the robe draped on the throne. I absolutely do not expect to see the crown worn and would be sorely disappointed to see it become a business-attire event. However, we shall see in less than a month.

My hope is to see the King in uniform and the Queen Consort in gown and tiara with the regalia on display and maybe even the robe draped on the throne. I absolutely do not expect to see the crown worn

Agreed 100%.

My hope is to see the King in uniform and the Queen Consort in gown and tiara with the regalia on display and maybe even the robe draped on the throne. I absolutely do not expect to see the crown worn and would be sorely disappointed to see it become a business-attire event. However, we shall see in less than a month.

I agree, the best outcome could be if they settled on King in uniform, and the Queen in a gown with a tiara, and the regalia in display.

Glad she’s wearing this tiara! I was afraid it might be in the vault for a while

Glad she’s wearing this tiara! I was afraid it might be in the vault for a while

Indeed. It is a great tiara, and good to see it work well for Queen Camilla. She has worn it very differently to how QE2 used to wear it, higher on her head and at an angle.

Great to see her wearing a new to her tiara.But somehow i wished she left that one for Catherine and choosen one of the other diamond tiaras like the russian fringe tiara from Queen Alexandra.

I said before I thought i would be left for Catherine but actually now I've seen Cams in it I'm fine with it. What I will say is I don't love it on Camilla as much as I did the late Queen. It seems to get rather lost in Camilla's hair (she is wearing further back and up than the Queen who wore i very straight and flat)

What I do hope this means is now the tiara most associated with the late Queen has been debuted its all up for wearing now so we'll see more pieces come out the vaults.

Great to see her wearing a new to her tiara.But somehow i wished she left that one for Catherine and choosen one of the other diamond tiaras like the russian fringe tiara from Queen Alexandra.

Does the use of the Girls preclude the use of the Kokoshnik? I would hope not. If anything, I see it as a sign that all the jewellery is up for use.

Well that was a nice surprise. I think the Girls looks lovely on Camilla, and hope that this means we'll be seeing Camilla in some of the other tiaras.

II think she wears it too much backwards and straied out

If anything, I see it as a sign that all the jewellery is up for use.
Hope that all the Jewels will be used and even better some who have been ignored by the late Queen too

Indeed. It is a great tiara, and good to see it work well for Queen Camilla. She has worn it very differently to how QE2 used to wear it, higher on her head and at an angle.

I liked it better when QE2 wore it. The tiara doesn't look as grand on Queen Camilla, maybe because of its placement and Camilla's more volumous hair.

Yes her big hair does rather diminish it a bit. TBH I'm wondering how it would have looked without the base, might have worked better or at least as well.

I liked it better when QE2 wore it. The tiara doesn't loouk as grand on Queen Camilla, maybe because of its placement and Camilla's more volumous hair.
Me too. Because she wears it so far back the side parts are almost disappearing in her hair.

I think it really depends on the photo angle with Camilla. Some look much nicer than others.

That said, if it is dependent on photo angle, it probably means something could be done better.

I can't cope with the fact she wore a tiara for a dinner at the Mansion House but not for Versailles! Guurl, I'd like to have a word...

Ps: She looks fantastic!

I’m just happy she’s wearing a tiara to an event other than a visiting Head of State banquet, Diplomatic Reception or State Opening of Parliament! It’s a bonus that she’s chosen one she hasn’t worn before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom