Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The diamond shell brooch seems to be a firm favourite of Camilla's!

I think the is the second time Camilla has worn the brooch, having first worn it to Ascot this year.

Very, very happy to see this brooch again. I hope it enters into HM's regular rotation.

Kenya State Dinner

The Queen is wearing her diamond serpent necklace which I don't believe we have seen for a very long time. According to Rebecca English it belonged to Camilla's grandmother. She is also wearing her VCA earrings.

Kenya State Dinner

The Queen is wearing her diamond serpent necklace which I don't believe we have seen for a very long time. According to Rebecca English it belonged to Camilla's grandmother. She is also wearing her VCA earrings.

If Rebecca is right, the necklace is also Van Cleef & Arpels

For the State Opening of Parliament today, Queen Camilla wore the George IV diadem and a large collet necklace. She also wore her large solitaire diamond earrings.

I am not sure if this is the Coronation necklace with the Lahore diamond pendant removed, or a different necklace.

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Slightly crooked but it looks so great on her!

For the State Opening of Parliament today, Queen Camilla wore the George IV diadem and a large collet necklace. She also wore her large solitaire diamond earrings.

I am not sure if this is the Coronation necklace with the Lahore diamond pendant removed, or a different necklace.

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

It's Queen Alexandra's collet necklace, a wedding gift from the City of London. It has a distinctive square-ish central diamond.

Last edited:
I’m really pleased to see her wearing the diadem. It’s absolutely right for her and looks great with the Coronation dress. I think the necklace choice is a good one, given she has limited choice with earrings as her ears aren’t pieced.

And a very regal jewel appearance by QC for the State Opening of Parliament!

I’m really pleased to see her wearing the diadem. It’s absolutely right for her and looks great with the Coronation dress. I think the necklace choice is a good one, given she has limited choice with earrings as her ears aren’t pieced.

I thnk Queen Camilla has a pretty wide choice of necklaces she can reach for, when tryng to decide what to wear to the State Opening of Parliament.

Her solitaire earrngs will match with most necklaces in diamonds or pearls. She also has earrings in sapphires, emeralds, turquoise, amethyst and rubies, should she choose to wear some colour. Further, she always has the option of converting some fo the existing earrings in the royal vault such that they can be worn with unpierced ears. Its not a difficult conversion.

I was thinking more in terms of the shape ie pear drop /cluster etc. This necklace has a quite distinctive ‘ square’ shaped setting for the stones. For such an important occasion, she’s going to wear some serious earrings and I was thinking that perhaps there was less choice available to her. Yes, I know she can adapt earrings from the vault and it will be interesting to see if she does start to do this in future..

The beautiful earrings are sadly mainly hidden by Camilla's hair!

Seems like the necklace may have been our Sovereign Lady of happy memory's, but no one can recall her wearing it... which goes to show what a truly massive collection she had.

Queen Camilla has already worn several pieces of jewellery, rumoured to be from the royal vaults, that had previously not been seen. Those vaults are big, and I hope Camilla continues to show us interesting pieces from time to time.

Queen Camilla wore the Celtic Emerald Knot brooch again this evening at a Commonwealth Women's Reception at Marlborough House.

Queen Camilla had previously used it at an engagement in Northern Ireland previously, and QE2 had worn it whilst hosting the Irish state banquet at Windsor.

Queen Camilla's pendant at the Ballet

The stupendous BritishRoyalJewels account has uncovered photos of HLM wearing the delicate pendant necklace that Camilla wore at the ballet recently. It would make a very lovely gift for Charlotte. This further confirms that TM's really are going through the vaults.

Queen Camilla's pendant at the Ballet

The stupendous BritishRoyalJewels account has uncovered photos of HLM wearing the delicate pendant necklace that Camilla wore at the ballet recently. It would make a very lovely gift for Charlotte. This further confirms that TM's really are going through the vaults.

I think it makes complete sense for Camilla to spend time going through the vault to see what all there is, and clearly identify the items she wants to use, and the items that will sit in the vault or be lent or gifted to other members of the family. For example, this pendant could well be gifted to Charlotte as a 16th or 18th birthday present.

I think it makes complete sense for Camilla to spend time going through the vault to see what all there is, and clearly identify the items she wants to use, and the items that will sit in the vault or be lent or gifted to other members of the family. For example, this pendant could well be gifted to Charlotte as a 16th or 18th birthday present.

Or, perhaps as a gift to Princess Lilibet?

Or, perhaps as a gift to Princess Lilibet?

That is a theoretical possibility, but in my experience, it is slightly tricky giving presents to people you have never met.

That is a theoretical possibility, but in my experience, it is slightly tricky giving presents to people you have never met.

No, when you have two darling granddaughters, you treat them equally.
It’s not like Princess Charlotte will be a ‘working royal’ at that age.

No, when you have two darling granddaughters, you treat them equally.
It’s not like Princess Charlotte will be a ‘working royal’ at that age.

Ideally, yes. But if you are unlikely to have met one grand daughter for any length of time (or ever?), and you see the other one regularly, the relationship with both is unlikely to be the same.

Last edited:
Ideally, yes. But if you are unlikely to have met one grand daughter for any length of time (or ever?), and you see the other one regularly, the relationship with both is unlikely to be the same.

Yes, I certainly agree that the relationships are bound to be different for any family ~ E.g., one local Grand possibly a daily pop-in visit and another long-distance child a weekly Zoom call. But I maintain important family gifts should remain equal.

Last edited:

And that is not counting the queen's 'real' granddaughters.

Lola Parker-Bowles and Eliza Lopes are not royals, so they can't inherit the royal jewel.

In fact, Princess Lilibet doesn't need European Royal Jewels either; she will live in the US.

The Queen has a healthy private collection to disperse amongst her children and grandchildren. Come to think it, she is probably the only current European Queen Consort to have entered a royal family with an already decent jewelry collection.

Queen Camilla wore the Russian sapphire and diamond brooch on day 1 of the state visit from South Korea today, 21 November.

** Full view *

Come to think it, she is probably the only current European Queen Consort to have entered a royal family with an already decent jewelry collection.

That is correct. At the time of marrying Charles, she probably had the largest collection of jewels relative to any of the existing Queen Consorts in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom