Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 4,February 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margareta Thorgren to Aftonbladet:
- Mr. Christopher O'Neill is celebrating his birthday here at home in Sweden with his family. The birthday is celebrated privately, therefore the court doesn't comment on any more details other than that the family is happy to be together in Sweden and look forward to living in Sweden from now on.
According to Aftonbladet's information, the party will not be held at Solliden. The family plans to rest on Öland when the birthday celebration is over.

50 is a major milestone and hopefully Chris and his family can celebrate privately!

50 is a major milestone and hopefully Chris and his family can celebrate privately!

Expressen has a couple of photos from today, taken by Anna Friberg, a reporter at Expressen:
At around 17.00 on his birthday today, Chris was seen walking in the central Stockholm with Madeleine and Leonore.

Absolutely! BUT, as we have just seen there are the paps again who posted pics of Chris in shorts....
That doesn't seem like privacy....
I really hope that the tabloids will leave the family alone! Maybe that was a reason to move to other countries.
The other Swedish royal family members don't seem to be much in the focus of the tabloids, why only Madeleine and her family, that is not fair

The Swedish tabloids were always hyperfocused on Madeleine since she was a teenager. Which is why I was surprised when I heard they were moving to Sweden.

The other Swedish royal family members don't seem to be much in the focus of the tabloids, why only Madeleine and her family, that is not fair
Because the other members of the royal family have deals with the press to give them some access to them and their children in return of being left alone. While they have every right to their privacy Madeleine and Chris doesn't seem to know how to play the game of being both accessible and maintaining a healthy distance to the press and public.

Absolutely! BUT, as we have just seen there are the paps again who posted pics of Chris in shorts....
That doesn't seem like privacy....
I really hope that the tabloids will leave the family alone! Maybe that was a reason to move to other countries.
These photos weren't taken by the paparazzi. The article in question clearly states that they were taken by a member of the public. Although I find it quite dishonourable to take photos like this and share them with the press it is perfectly legal.

Svensk Damtidning:
In the fall, a new royal work year begins, and the royal calendar will eventually be filled up. Adult members of the royal family will have several work days planned.
When Svensk Damtidning asks Margareta Thorgren if Madeleine's name will appear in the royal calendar, she says:
- Princess Madeleine and what she works with is not something we write in the royal calendar, so therefore I cannot comment on it.
Thorgren has said previously that when any of the members of the royal family do official tasks, i.e. tasks given by the King, the court informs about it in the royal calendar and in the court's digital channels.

I suspect whatever happens in the future Madeleine will be spending most of the Autumn settling the children into new schools, routines etc.

I am sure we will see her at events and supporting charities..etc. After all the children will be away at school for many hours during the day.

I suspect whatever happens in the future Madeleine will be spending most of the Autumn settling the children into new schools, routines etc.
Yes exactly a busy time for any parent.

Svensk Damtidning writes that Chris had on Tuesday a lunch with Cedric Notz at a restaurant in Stockholm.
And SD claims to know that they were speaking about Chris and Madeleine's plans to move into Villa Loviseberg, previously owned by royal friends Hans Eric and Eva Benita Brodin, Cedric's parents-in-law. They sold it to the National Property Board for SEK 59 million in 2021. The King has the right of disposition, which means that he has the last word on the matter.

Svensk Damtidning has written many times about that it is rumoured that Madeleine and Chris want to move to Villa Loviseberg . In June Margareta Thorgren said that Madeleine and family will live at the Royal Stables, nowhere else.
Could it be that Chris and Cedric were talking about business, since they have started a company together?

Svensk Damtidning:
In the fall, a new royal work year begins, and the royal calendar will eventually be filled up. Adult members of the royal family will have several work days planned.
When Svensk Damtidning asks Margareta Thorgren if Madeleine's name will appear in the royal calendar, she says:
- Princess Madeleine and what she works with is not something we write in the royal calendar, so therefore I cannot comment on it.
Thorgren has said previously that when any of the members of the royal family do official tasks, i.e. tasks given by the King, the court informs about it in the royal calendar and in the court's digital channels.

In other words, Princess Madeleine has no plans to resume official royal duties for the time being. I wonder if that is a permanent decision, or if she is waiting to see if her husband is willing to settle in Sweden long-term (which would be a sensible choice: It would be frustrating for patronages to begin work with her only to lose her again in another year or so).

We don't know if she's even been asked to resume any official royal duties.

Everything I have read, including from the Royal Court, has given me the impression that she is welcome to resume royal duties if she wishes (for example, her official biography cites her residence in the US as the reason why her official program has been limited). Is there reason to suspect otherwise?

Everything I have read, including from the Royal Court, has given me the impression that she is welcome to resume royal duties if she wishes (for example, her official biography cites her residence in the US as the reason why her official program has been limited). Is there reason to suspect otherwise?
There has been no official communication that I'm aware of saying that she'll be needed to perform official duties. The one exception was a statement released during the 2019 reform of the Royal house saying that Carl Philip, Sofia and Madeleine would continue working with their respective foundations and the occasional official engagement. Given how we see that play out for Carl Philip and Sofia I expect Madeleine to attend things like national day celebrations, the King's birthday, State visits etc... Yes, I am contradicting myself a little since they are all classified as official engagements but they're far from enough to keep her busy full time.

I suspect once the children are settled she’ll start of with attending the bigger official engagements that many members of the RF attend and then start working even more closely with Childhood with maybe a few other engagements personal to her interests etc in time. Nothing intense- we’ll probably see her less than CP and Sofia as she will also have Childhood to work with.

You would think that if there would be any time in which some assistance would be helpful, it would be in the coming months as Victoria isn't really available due to her military studies.

Engagements for Madeleine will likely be related to World Childhood Foundation and Min Stora Dag (My Big Day). And maybe with yearly visits to her own and her childrens duchies…

And appearing at the birthday’s, national day, and nobel festivities..

Apart from that i think most of her time will be spent working directly at the World Childhood Foundation’s swedish office.

I'm not sure what you mean by "resume royal duties" , she never did any to speak of. And nobody is expecting her to start working now. As JR and Hans-Rickard has already pointed out, we'll see her at the galas, and some other festivities, but not much more than that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "resume royal duties" , she never did any to speak of. And nobody is expecting her to start working now.

I mean resume the number of royal duties - comparable to her brother - that she carried out when she lived in Sweden until 2011.

Svensk Damtidning:

That's the most click bait article I've read this week. It led to nothing. She and her family moved back to her country and her husband is a wealthy financier that doesn't need an appanage for his wife. He already made a sacrifice not to trade on Swedish companies to prevent any conflict of interests.

They will be fine, and the good part is the kids will be able to be near the family and participate in family events.

Chris attended the Opera Les Contes d´Hoffmann during the Amadeus weekend at Salzburg Festival yesterday.
PPE

Also his mother Eva O'Neill and his sisters Tatjana d'Abo and Natascha von Abensperg und Traun attended the Opera.
Brauer photos

Last edited:
I think Madeleine will have to perform some duties next year, as now not only is Victoria busy with her studies, but Sofia is pregnant again.

I think Madeleine will have to perform some duties next year, as now not only is Victoria busy with her studies, but Sofia is pregnant again.

Sofia works mainly in events in connection with the work of the Prince Couple's Foundation and Project Playground. In addition to them she has had this year solo work events only with Skandia Idéer för livet and Drottning Sophias Skyddshem (she is a member of the board in them) and she attended on one day alone at Brilliant Minds. The other work events are with Carl Philip and the Royal Family. Sofia has only 26 work events this year listed at the court's calendar so far.

Sofia works mainly in events in connection with the work of the Prince Couple's Foundation and Project Playground. In addition to them she has had this year solo work events only with Skandia Idéer för livet and Drottning Sophias Skyddshem (she is a member of the board in them) and she attended on one day alone at Brilliant Minds. The other work events are with Carl Philip and the Royal Family. Sofia has only 26 work events this year listed at the court's calendar so far.
Thanks! They're fine then

Back
Top Bottom