Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He does look act or have others around him that make me think he is not the least bit straight.
Also how ridiculous is that ml is wearing a wedding dress and veil that would only be for someone younger in a first marriage! Really a joke for someone who is supposedly out there to go with this traditional look. But I guess Netflix in it’s money lust will front any phonies for quick ratings

I think y hit the nail on the head,he is gay
This bridal gown had quite a substantial train, it looks longer than the one from ML's first wedding.😦

I must admit that I never believed ML would would wear pure white with a tiara, long veil and train. As a middle aged divorcee with adult children it's just bizarre.
It was also a very unflattering fit.
But she and DV looked very happy.... so there's that at least.😒

Honestly sometimes I wonder if the royal fans who constantly bash her would have a different opinion of her if she agreed to the then prime minister offer to be the crown princess back in the 90’s when they changed the line of succession!
No. some of us might respect her a bit if she gave up the title instead of bleeding it for every last bit of money she can get from it. AND listening to her father when he says stop doing that. It's not bashing if it's telling the truth.

The King and Queen left the party at 1 o'clock last night. How was the party?
- Very nice, said the king to Dagbladet.
Have the King and Queen eaten tonight?
- Absolutely. I hope everyone has that, said the queen.
At 3 o'clock, the crown prince's family also left the party. What was the highlight of the evening?
- Oh, there were many highlights, Mette-Marit said.
According to Dagbladet's information, both Queen Sonja and Haakon gave a speech to the bride and groom.

The wedding cake
Pic

Se og Hør tells that Märtha Louise connected her own commercial business to the celebration.
She had her own, exclusive shop by the clothing brand Hést at the Hotel! She owns a large share of the successful business, and had for the wedding moved a shop down to the reception area. Next to the gift table, it was possible for the guests to buy the latest collection. Se og Hør is informed by several sources that there were two Hést employees who sold goods to the guests over the counter.
The bride and groom made their personal efforts to promote the brand during the "Meet and greet" welcome party by wearing matching pink with Hést logos all over the outfit.

Commentator Therese Sollien:
- This is a product that the bride and groom have sold to Hello Magazine and Netflix. We become part of the props to show that this is a well-followed bride and groom who do not get peace from the press, which they really want here. It is a good story that we are following them. Had the press not been here, the Netflix documentary would have lost a central part of the plot: The Chaos.

Last edited:
She set up a shop near the gift-table?!? To sell items from a shop she has shares in, to her guests at her own wedding?!?

I cannot recall I have ever heard anything like that in my whole life.

I prefer to think I've misunderstood something.
ADDED:
Just as I thought it couldn't get any better...

The guests were issued five coupons for drinks in the bar. - Five drinks - for the whole evening!
Once these five coupons had been drank, sp to speak, the guests could buy their drinks at bar-prices...

It's not uncommon that the guests chip in at a wedding where the happy couple are about to establish themselves and money may be a bit short. And that's fine.
But at a wedding at this level?
I mean if they can spend a pretty big sum on cruises and what not, surely they can afford the bar bill. And if they can't then perhaps they should have cut away something. Like one or five of their peculiar outfits.

One thing is certain: It will be difficult to top this wedding! I think it will be many years before a wedding like this will be covered on this forum.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
She set up a shop near the gift-table?!? To sell items from a shop she has shares in, to her guests at her own wedding?!?

I cannot recall I have ever heard anything like that in my whole life.

I prefer to think I've misunderstood something.

But is it surprising, really, when we think about Märtha Louise and what she does and has done?

At today's programme:
08.00-10.00 Continental breakfast in the lounge for early birds
10.00-13.00 Brunch with warm and cold dishes
13.00 Check out

Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia left from Hotel Union at 10.25. The turquoise bags are a gift from Geiranger chocolate, which has launched its own chocolate for the princess wedding.
The blonde woman behind Sofia is Victoria's aide-de-camp.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2

The Royal Yacht Norge left Geiranger:
Pic

State Secretary Kristoffer Thoner informs VG that the gift from the government is a Norwegian apple tree that will be given in the spring. The bride and groom have received a card from the Prime Minister with congratulations, says Thoner.

Last edited:
I read the couple asked for a boat as a wedding gift!! A boat!

A RIB boat, I read from somewhere.

The guests were issued five coupons for drinks in the bar. - Five drinks - for the whole evening!
Once these five coupons had been drank, sp to speak, the guests could buy their drinks at bar-prices...

The five coupons for free drinks in the bar were for both evenings, Friday and Saturday ...

Last edited:
ADDED:

Brace yourself @Muhler - that's FIVE coupons for TWO nights!!!
I've been to many weddings that offer drink coupons but the rate has been around five to ten coupons for one night.
Non-Norwegians and non-Swedes might wonder why there's a need for coupons but it's because of strict regulations regarding the serving of alcohol. If the wedding venue has an alcohol license you can only serve alcohol sold at the venue and alcohol is expensive here. To get around the bar bill going through the roof offering coupons is very common and at the end of the night many coupons end up unused anyway.

Well, at least they didn't charge their guests for drinking tap-water, I hope.
Their guests already had to fork out a considerable amount even to be able to attend the wedding. I.e. travel, accommodation, clothes, present, lost income for some of the guests.
And to that comes a bar bill, I guess soft drinks weren't free either.
And an expectancy by the hosts to buy their products, probably not at reduced rates, I imagine - and to that comes customs.
And do remember there were strict restrictions on use of cameras and phones. From guests of which many make a living recording and publishing everything that happens in their lives. - so loss of an opportunity to make some money.

In that light I suppose a boat is a trivial thing to ask for... :rolleyes:

ADDED: If you can't afford a lavish wedding, don't have one. Go to the town hall and go on a honeymoon to Walmart. It is after all about joining to people in love.

Last edited:
I don't know about Norway, but it's now very common for brides in the UK to wear a white wedding dress for a second marriage. Meghan Markle wore a white wedding gown and veil when she married Prince Harry, and that's quite normal. A veil and train would be less usual for someone in her 50s, but not unheard of.

Hello and Hola are not "worst tabloids". They're well-respected magazines.

I wonder if anyone actually bought the boat. I suppose it's more original than a toaster or a kettle :) .

I saw in live and did understand anything. The Wedding started very later than planned
lady Finn said the the King had to wait 40 minutes in his car and also in the Chuch/Tent.
When Mârtha Louise went out of her car , she did not enter directly the Tent , some Ladies added her train to her dress and put her long Veil , one part before her face and the great part along the 3 m 50 Wedding Dress.
It lasted a long time. When she enterred one of the Daughters put her Veil behind.

Oh yes, Derek is bisexual.
Thought I hear he has had more relationships with men than women and those with women are the one with Zaneta for her green card and now the one with ML. Make of that what you will.

I am not familiar with your source or the things you/they are referring to, and would appreciate clarification. But non-bisexual people frequently accuse bisexual men of lying about being homosexual and accuse bisexual women of lying about being heterosexual. People also frequently accuse non-gay men who are flamboyant or otherwise unmasculine of lying about being gay. Unless your sources offer more substantiation, I would still take Durek Verrett at his word that he is bisexual.

If their accusation is simply that his known relationships with female partners have benefited him (though if his ex-wife was telling the truth when she accused him of marrying her to get her permanent residency, that would be for her benefit and not his), then it should be pointed out that Hank Greenberg was also his business partner. So if they accuse him of romancing the princess only for commercial reasons, then they can apply the same accusation to his relationship with Mr. Greenberg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to many weddings that offer drink coupons but the rate has been around five to ten coupons for one night.
Non-Norwegians and non-Swedes might wonder why there's a need for coupons but it's because of strict regulations regarding the serving of alcohol. If the wedding venue has an alcohol license you can only serve alcohol sold at the venue and alcohol is expensive here. To get around the bar bill going through the roof offering coupons is very common and at the end of the night many coupons end up unused anyway.
The whole event sounds very tacky.
At first I thought the five coupons were to prevent anyone from becoming drunk.
But for two nights? It just seems like a cheapskate ploy.

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering about the coupons for drink because it is not common here. What about soft drinks and sparkling water, is that included in the coupons ?

I've been to a fair few weddings where the couple simply can't afford an open bar so you get drinks at dinner then its a paid bar or a paid bar with a token/voucher for one or two free drinks. But at those weddings the couple hasn't been asking me to pay my way for a three day event or to contribute towards a boat for them as a wedding gift (nor indeed have they been selling their line of clothing at the gift table either).

I don't think expecting guests to pay for drinks is bad at all, but its the context that counts.

Now the Wedding is over , may Derek's Kidney problems be solved by true Medecine.
They don't interest me . So bye bye for them and hope they will be happy !

I am not familiar with your source or the things you/they are referring to, and would appreciate clarification. But non-bisexual people frequently accuse bisexual men of lying about being homosexual and accuse bisexual women of lying about being heterosexual. People also frequently accuse non-gay men who are flamboyant or otherwise unmasculine of lying about being gay. Unless your sources offer more substantiation, I would still take Durek Verrett at his word that he is bisexual.

If their accusation is simply that his known relationships with female partners have benefited him (though if his ex-wife was telling the truth when she accused him of marrying her to get her permanent residency, that would be for her benefit and not his), then it should be pointed out that Hank Greenberg was also his business partner. So if they accuse him of romancing the princess only for commercial reasons, then they can apply the same accusation to his relationship with Mr. Greenberg.
My understanding having read it in a fair few articles from media outlets in Norway and the UK is that until 2019 when he started dating Martha Louise he has identified himself as gay, openly admitting his previous marriage to a woman had been in order to secure her a green card. Only since he began his relationship with Martha Louise has he identified as bisexual.
Sexuality is indeed fluid and I know a number of people who have proven that and that is great. I'm gay myself having previously identified as bisexual. This issue here is not someone changing how they identify, its believing the words of someone who is prone to lying, exaggerating, coercive behaviour and bullying.

Thank you tommy100, I appreciate the clarification. If you or anyone else could share the articles reporting that he identified as gay until he began dating his now wife, I would appreciate that too. I don't think they have been posted on this forum, but there has been such a deluge of reporting on Durek Verrett since the beginning of their relationship that I cannot keep up.

I agree with you that attraction and self-identification will change in the course of many people's lives and there is no issue with that, but that it is legitimate to have doubts when a public figure alters how they label themselves at a time when it is convenient for their public relations narrative, especially when they have made provably untrue statements on other occasions.

It seems like issuing drink vouchers are an accepted practice in Norway for reasons beyond thriftiness, so the only question is the number of vouchers . Five vouchers for 2 days seem more than OK with me, but I am not a big drinker. Wines were served at the dinner, if the guests did not have to use their vouchers for the dinner, then they were served alcohol that did not require use of the vouchers.

As serious as two 18 year olds can be.
I almost missed this post and now, on a second take, I get it. The young girl didn't have a dress gown-type to wear so CP Mette-Marit let her use one from her collection from younger days to match with her son's formal attire. That was a sweet gesture. And she even has matching jewelry, is it Mette's too? This young girl is ready for royalty.

That was very kind of Mette Marit. Evening gowns are expensive.

Does anyone know anything about Amalie? I'm just intrigued by the Scottish surname. I think the Orkneys are only about 200 miles from the Norwegian coast - a few maverick politicians in Orkney have even suggested seeking union with Norway - so some close historic ties there, but it'd just be interesting to know where the Scottish connection comes in.

Victoria and Daniel boarded the Norwegian flight to Oslo from Vigra at 13:20:
Pic

Several guests confirm to TV 2 that they received a gift from the bride and groom after the wedding.
- I think there were some small make-up bags, but I was too late to get one, says Karoline Grüger to TV 2.
Jan Thomas and Harlem Alexander also confirm to the press that they received pink make-up bags from Hést.
Photo of the bag:
Pic

Mayor of Stranda, Einar Arve Nordang, thinks it has been a brilliant wedding weekend, with sun, good atmosphere and many festively dressed people in the streets.
Ahead of the wedding, he went out and said there were limited parking spaces in the city centre, but the day was not as chaotic as expected.
- Many people told me that there were actually fewer people than they expected. I thought so myself, that there could actually have been a bit more people.

Durek:
- It is a journey of love on this wonderful occasion for Märtha's and my love, and it has been wonderful to see how so many people's hearts have been touched and filled with so much love for us. That is what is important to us - to take people on a journey of love.
Some have said that you should have had a more open wedding, that it was sad that the wedding was so closed to the press.
- I think we had the wedding we needed to have. No offense, the press hasn't been very kind to me and Märtha in the six years we've been together. And I think this is something we would hold very sacred.
Which part of Princess Märtha Louise's speech did you like best?
- I love everything that comes out of that woman's mouth.

Last edited:
JMHO --- the entire weekend one just one big freak show! Tacky! Veil over her face? A full wedding party? Giving guests a limited # of tickets for the bar? The pop-up shop of her creations?

The only thing missing was a psychic giving readings -- unless ML and the Shaman did that (for a fee, of course!)

ADDED:

It's not uncommon that the guests chip in at a wedding where the happy couple are about to establish themselves and money may be a bit short. And that's fine.
But at a wedding at this level?
I mean if they can spend a pretty big sum on cruises and what not, surely they can afford the bar bill. And if they can't then perhaps they should have cut away something. Like one or five of their peculiar outfits.

One thing is certain: It will be difficult to top this wedding! I think it will be many years before a wedding like this will be covered on this forum.

(...)
I agree - there is no way to top this wedding🤣; setting up a gift shop so guests can buy her “brand”? Really unbelievable!
In the video where they were both walking, ML kept ordering the press to “move to the left” - it would have made more sense to drive in an open vehicle such as a convertible . I felt sorry for the bodyguards.

Well, at least they didn't charge their guests for drinking tap-water, I hope.
Their guests already had to fork out a considerable amount even to be able to attend the wedding. I.e. travel, accommodation, clothes, present, lost income for some of the guests.
And to that comes a bar bill, I guess soft drinks weren't free either.
And an expectancy by the hosts to buy their products, probably not at reduced rates, I imagine - and to that comes customs.
And do remember there were strict restrictions on use of cameras and phones. From guests of which many make a living recording and publishing everything that happens in their lives. - so loss of an opportunity to make some money.

In that light I suppose a boat is a trivial thing to ask for... :rolleyes:

ADDED: If you can't afford a lavish wedding, don't have one. Go to the town hall and go on a honeymoon to Walmart. It is after all about joining to people in love.
About the cameras and phones: I would imagine that MANY guests did not follow their request to not post pictures. I’m not sure of the sources, but I saw many “sheet photos” and “plastic photos” and “through the window photos” that I’m sure we’re not taken by Hello/Hola.
The very best picture IMHO is the one taken of the RF/RH (can’t remember how Magnus is classified) where they are wearing their bunads. Wonderful photo!

Since when do you ask for gifts after the age of seven? Who raised these people?

Edit to add: did they open a bridal registry somewhere and ask for the boat? Still gauche, but whatever.
I’d love to see a bridal registry where a boat is requested - lol!!!

What a wonderful wedding! The bride was beautiful and the dress were perfect. The tiara and the weil were just spot on! A friend of mine were there, and she was sending me loads of photos during the day! ML and D did look so happy together and that is all the matters❤️

The wedding sounded(overall) like a perfect mix of tradition, class and trash.
The wedding cake was a bit baroque but lovely.
ML strikes me as someone who was so spoiled by her parents that she is quite comfortable with outrageous behavior. She knows quite rightly that they will never stop her.
As a dialysis patient DV could not drink any alcoholic toasts at his wedding.

Märtha Louise was seen at the hotel wearing a new dress on Sunday afternoon. The media is writing that the couple will stay in Geiranger for a couple of days. We will see if it's true.
Pic

Swedish Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson writes at her article among other things:
A fantastic love party where a princess has found love again - and fought to go her own way. The wedding was a powerful statement to the outside world. "I'm happy and I do what I want".
We all wish her that. Their love seems so overwhelming and big.
But it was also a display in a shocking sell-out of the royal house.
And no, people can't tell the difference between the royal family and the royal house.
King Harald and Sonja have a problem to solve – how to avoid similar commercial circuses in the future.
Because Märtha Louise and the shaman have clearly shown that they don't give a cent about the royal house's reputation.
They are looking for millions to fill their pockets with.

Laurentien babbled to the press:

Galleries

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom