Princely Family of Monaco Current Events 1 : May 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Locale es list de charitys Stephanie, Caroline und Albert speak for?

Dani

monaco70s said:
This year's Red Cross Ball will be this Friday August 5.

Thank you monacos...I was just to call JP or look at the official website for this info. :p:)

RADKER18 said:
What is it exactly ?

Faire face au sida is an organisation to fight Aids as well. Deborah, who guides that organisation is a friend of Stephanies. They often work in cooperation.

Thanks for telling the date, Sebastian!
I'm looking forward to that :)

Being a UK charity I found this interesting its being held in Monaco.

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/Fashion%20Rocks/event.asp
Where: The Grimaldi Forum, Monaco

When: October 17th 2005

Tickets: Call 020 8962 6747 or book securely on-line

Travel: Book with our travel partner EBA

Swarovski Fashion Rocks for The Prince's Trust is the most stylish event of the year. Tickets include a complete package of entertainment:

Champagne reception in the foyer of the Grimaldi Forum
Drinks during a 20 minute interval
The stunning Fashion Rocks stage show, incorporating an eclectic mix of fashion and music with major design houses showcasing their designs alongside international music artists
Dinner, created by leading French chef Alain Ducasse, brough to life with Swarovski crystals
<LI>Exclusive aftershow party Tickets are strictly limited, book now

To make this one up again.

Albert's Angles.... Caro and Steph on their brother's side:

(sipa)

...from now on I'll only call them 'the angle-sisters' :p

Attachments

• aa1.JPG
    aa1.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 288
  • aa8.JPG
    aa8.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 213
  • aa7.JPG
    aa7.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 201
  • aa6.JPG
    aa6.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 193
  • aa5.JPG
    aa5.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 369
  • aa4.JPG
    aa4.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 224
  • aa3.JPG
    aa3.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 225
  • aa2.JPG
    aa2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 201
  • aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 246
Thank you for the photos, Michelle! They're great! Wonder if Stephanie is officially on the function related to social affairs, as was mentioned in some thread at this forum? Although, with or without it, she has specially bond for those who are in need..as they all do..:)

First of all :
ei4j69.gif
to Albert and Stephie...

In the second photo my sister posted it looks as if Stephanie is extremly tuched ... moved to tears - the expression on her face looks as if she's almost crying.

Last edited:
1000000 x times glad to see Stephanie coming back from the "dark" and enjoying it. I wish she could be seen more and more, especially with a tiara:D

30th International Circus Festival

H.S.H. Princess Stephanie of Monaco, President of the International Circus Festival, decided to make of the Festival in 2006 a BEST OF !

Articel of the Bureau de Presse

0.186%21OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

Official enthronement and National Holday live broadcast

The german tv channel ZDF will do live broadcast of the enthronement of Prince Albert II on Satureday 19th November 2005 , from 9h25 CET to 13h00 CET

Who has an idea of the personnalities who are going to attend the coronation cerremonies ?

the list has not been published yet. everyone important in MC will naturally attend and most likely Chirac with his wife (they will be meeting in Paris btw tomorrow to sign a new agreement between France and MC). The Spanish King was there for the funeral, so he might come again. From England there was Prince Andrew for the funeral since Charles was honeymooning, so this time it might be him. Morocco was represented by the brother of the King, since the King traditionally doesn't attend weddings and funerals. There might be a different custom for coronations .;) The American delegation will probably not consist of any important political figures, since they are still sulking about Caroline openly demonstrating her dislike of Bush.

The gutters are not yet sealed and the mailboxes are still in service, so unlike for the funeral so far no particular security. But that might change in the next few days, especially if the problems in France persist and Chirac actually does attend.

paca said:
... The American delegation will probably not consist of any important political figures, since they are still sulking about Caroline openly demonstrating her dislike of Bush...

I must have missed that one. When did Princess Caroline demonstrate her dislike for Bush?

at the cannes filmfestival she gave 30min standing ovations for michael moores movie and she also published an open letter denouncing the polution of former american army stations in the philipines causing malformations on children and asking the US to take their responsibilities. She also made a high profile visit with lots of journalists to the area. A documentary was shown on TMC earlier this year. In an interview (don't remember who with) she made clear whom she didn't want to see in the WH without of course explicitly mentioning names.

paca said:
at the cannes filmfestival she gave 30min standing ovations for michael moores movie and she also published an open letter denouncing the polution of former american army stations in the philipines causing malformations on children and asking the US to take their responsibilities. She also made a high profile visit with lots of journalists to the area. A documentary was shown on TMC earlier this year. In an interview (don't remember who with) she made clear whom she didn't want to see in the WH without of course explicitly mentioning names.

Thanks, Paca!

Wow, I didn't know that part on the open letter and that documentary although I know Caroline was upset enough to write Pres. Bush a letter (was that the same open letter?). She was here last year. I'm from the Philippines and I'm very touched that Princess Caroline is trying to get the American government to clean up the mess- toxic wastes, yes -they left behind. The ex-American bases here are now leisure and industrial areas, quite pretty, but I never drink from the tap water there! Scared of the toxic wastes. Actually, I don't think our own officials here care that much - or if they do, they won't do anything about it - that's why Caroline's gesture and concern are all the more endearing! :)

Looking forward to festivities next weekend!

Last edited:
paca said:

I did not know that..Thanks for the info.

monica17 said:
Thanks, Paca!

Wow, I didn't know that part on the open letter and that documentary although I know Caroline was upset enough to write Pres. Bush a letter (was that the same open letter?). She was here last year. I'm from the Philippines and I'm very touched that Princess Caroline is trying to get the American government to clean up the mess- toxic wastes, yes -they left behind. The ex-American bases here are now leisure and industrial areas, quite pretty, but I never drink from the tap water there! Scared of the toxic wastes. Actually, I don't think our own officials here care that much - or if they do, they won't do anything about it - that's why Caroline's gesture and concern are all the more endearing! :)

Looking forward to festivities next weekend!

the open letter was her response to Bushes non response to her letter. Apparently she evoked the problem several times, but some government guy just said that the US didn't have any contracts with the Philippines to clean up there waste. ( I think she wasn't very impressed that she wrote to the president and got an answer from one of the minions of Rumsfeld who wasn't even competent in the matter). I also talked to a friend of mine who worked in the government committee for the environment (she is a member of a former presidential candidates family) but she said it was very difficult to work with foreign ONGs because they were only allowed to work with selected organizations. I was also told that former US government officials proposed their help, but demanded incredible amounts of money for equipment etc. and even though they had exact information about the problems they claimed to need the equipment to find out what was there :rolleyes: of course they do that with all the pureness in there hearts and no money in mind;)

paca said:
the open letter was her response to Bushes non response to her letter. Apparently she evoked the problem several times, but some government guy just said that the US didn't have any contracts with the Philippines to clean up there waste. ( I think she wasn't very impressed that she wrote to the president and got an answer from one of the minions of Rumsfeld who wasn't even competent in the matter). I also talked to a friend of mine who worked in the government committee for the environment (she is a member of a former presidential candidates family) but she said it was very difficult to work with foreign ONGs because they were only allowed to work with selected organizations. I was also told that former US government officials proposed their help, but demanded incredible amounts of money for equipment etc. and even though they had exact information about the problems they claimed to need the equipment to find out what was there :rolleyes: of course they do that with all the pureness in there hearts and no money in mind;)

Paca,thank you very much for this! I agree with you on all points. Yes, unfortunately my government didn't compel the American government to clean up their toxic wastes. Why not is beyond me?:confused: The point of Caroline's letter, if I remember it right, is that even though the American government doesn't have any legal obligation to clean up the toxic wastes, it's the moral and humane thing to do.

Well, the American government can sulk all they want about Caroline's views. She's right any way you look at it. She's definitely a great person, not only for Monaco, but for the world! :)

Looking forward to the official enthronement of PA II next weekend......

Last edited:
assia said:
Who has an idea of the personnalities who are going to attend the coronation cerremonies ?

I just heard at rehearsal that the French government will be represented by his foreign minister Douste-Blazy. I suppose if Chirac came we would have some more cars on fire down here.;) And people might even try to cause trouble in MC. the way it was said though, I suppose that originally Chirac had been expected to attend.

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, with his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover, left, and Princess Stephanie of Monaco arrive at the Christmas tree party, in the Monaco palace, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2005

from polfoto

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 84.jpg