Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for News and Current Events of Prince Sverre Magnus!

You can find the previous thread here:

Marius Høiby and Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: January 2022- December 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The Prince Sverre Magnus graduated from the Elvebakken High School in Oslo and is celebrating. Prince Sverre Magnus studied Information Technology and Media Production, specializing in studies.

Is there a Norwegian speaker who could explain the first sentence "Prins Sverre Magnus er russ i år." Google translate says that Prince Sverre Magnus is Russian this year, but I feel that something is lost in the translation!

"Russian time" in Norway means students celebrating their graduation from high school, wearing these overalls and partying together... It goes on for a while, a couple of weeks, I believe.

Is there a Norwegian speaker who could explain the first sentence "Prins Sverre Magnus er russ i år." Google translate says that Prince Sverre Magnus is Russian this year, but I feel that something is lost in the translation!

here is a Wikipedia report on Russefeiring
Part of the graduation festivals, where graduates party hard on party buses : )
For Marius graduation, I remember seeing Haakon and Mette-Marit also in their red overalls partying.

Congrats are in order for Sverre-Magnus. King Frederik mentioned him and Christian during the state visit.
"Prince Sverre Magnus and Crown Prince Christian finish their high school years this summer, because our families are also followed in the next step. It must be festive."

Reactions: llj
Sverre Magnus finished his studies at Elvebakken secondary school in Oslo.

Any ideas as to what he's planning to do now ?

Most likely military service like Ingrid Alexandra. Norway has got conscription for boys and girls, so I think it wouldn't look great for him not to serve, even though he's not the heir. But I suppose if he absolutely didn't want to, the NRF wouldn't force him...

I wonder if they are saving the news on Prince Sverre Magnus's future plans for after his aunt's wedding. Princess Ingrid Alexandra's activities after her high school graduation were announced in late June of that year.

Sverre Magnus walking hand in hand with a girl.
Tove Taalesen, Nettavisen's royal house expert, says that she has heard rumors recently that the young prince has got a girlfriend.
Pic

Interesting that future queen Princess Ingrid Alexandra kept her longtime boyfriend private even when she came of age (he attended her coming of age celebration, but not with the royal family, and had to be "revealed" as her boyfriend by Se og Hør) and never commented on the relationship, while Prince Sverre Magnus, who is expected to have a smaller public role than his sister, deliberately introduces his girlfriend into the limelight (as the media do not even know her name, it does not seem like he was attempting to get ahead of any imminent stories) by posing hand in hand with her before cameras at a royal wedding.

ETA: The articles were updated to state that she is Amalie Giæver Macleod, age 17, a model for the agency Team Models.

I wonder if he met her through his cousin and good friend Leah Isadora Behn, who also does modeling work with Team Models.

Last edited:
while Prince Sverre Magnus, who is expected to have a smaller public role than his sister, deliberately introduces his girlfriend into the limelight (as the media do not even know her name, it does not seem like he was attempting to get ahead of any imminent stories) by posing hand in hand with her before cameras at a royal wedding.
Or perhaps since Magnus knows nothing is expected of him and is not used to media interest on a fraction of the level Ingrid has known for years, simply thought it was no big deal to go around with someone he likes at a family wedding...?

Edit: Also, Scottish/Norwegian names strike again. Those are always fun.

Last edited:
The woman Sverre Magnus walked hand in hand with is Amalie Giæver Macleod. She was also seen side by side with Sverre Magnus in the "Russetorget" (Graduation day) in May. Among other things, Macleod works as a model for Team Models.
- We do not want to share any information about her, writes Guri Varpe in an e-mail to Nettavisen.

I guess that if he wants the news out (probably so he doesn't need to worry about it getting out at another time), his aunt's wedding is a pretty good place. There is lots of other NRF news at the moment, so this will easily get buried in all of that.

Interesting that future queen Princess Ingrid Alexandra kept her longtime boyfriend private even when she came of age (he attended her coming of age celebration, but not with the royal family, and had to be "revealed" as her boyfriend by Se og Hør) and never commented on the relationship, while Prince Sverre Magnus, who is expected to have a smaller public role than his sister, deliberately introduces his girlfriend into the limelight (as the media do not even know her name, it does not seem like he was attempting to get ahead of any imminent stories) by posing hand in hand with her before cameras at a royal wedding.

ETA: The articles were updated to state that she is Amalie Giæver Macleod, age 17, a model for the agency Team Models.

I wonder if he met her through his cousin and good friend Leah Isadora Behn, who also does modeling work with Team Models.

I am really surprised that the Crown prince family decided to present Magnus' girlfriend at this big event, since she is still a minor.

More photos and informations of the Amalie Giæver Macleod, girlfriend of Prince Sverre Magnus.
Amalie completed her secondary and bachelor's studies at the prestigious public school Elvebakken Videregående Skole in Oslo.
Despite her youth, Amelie has taken her first steps into the professional world. He has carried out practices at the Gallery SG gallery in Trondheim, specialized in contemporary art and which provides services for the sale of works of art and decoration. Currently, he is studying a scholarship at the art gallery at DropsFabrikken, of plastic arts and crafts. All of him matches his face as a maniquí at the Fashion Models agency.

A sweet and presentable girl. Seems bright as well. A bit shy, but that's understandable.
Magnus sure is fond of her!
Let's hope she'll have a good influence on him - even if they won't stay together.

A sweet and presentable girl. Seems bright as well. A bit shy, but that's understandable.
Magnus sure is fond of her!
Let's hope she'll have a good influence on him - even if they won't stay together.
To me, Ingrid and Magnus seem like the most natural, good natured and genuinely nice young royals. Magnus seems like the kind of boy you hope your daughter brings home. The difference between them and Marius (now and when he was their age) is striking, and somehow makes the situation that much more sad.

I am really surprised that the Crown prince family decided to present Magnus' girlfriend at this big event, since she is still a minor.

I think it must have been Magnus' and his girlfriend's decision, to which his parents apparently consented. To my recollection, none of the other royal girlfriends/boyfriends in recent years have made public appearances as a de facto part of the royal family at such an early stage.

The young girl has now been made public and the press and tabloids especially will be after her which is unfortunate for her and Sverre. On the other hand I can undertand that he wanted to attend the event with his girlfriend.

I don't expect that will happen. Many news outlets refused to print the name of Princess Ingrid Alexandra's then boyfriend Magnus Heien Haugstad even after Se og Hør disclosed the relationship, and Se og Hør itself postponed its reporting until both parties were adults. The media also seem to have shown great restraint in reporting on him although the relationship lasted for years.

I'm sure he wanted his girlfriend to come, and she probably wanted to be there with him. It would be exciting -- Meet the King! Ride the royal yacht! Be in the magazines!

Not only meeting the king (probably), but being positioned as if already a member of the royal family, walking with them multiple times at a royal wedding. It is understandable that the royal family wants to be welcoming of partners from the very beginning of the relationship, but they should be careful of blurring the lines between members and non-members of the royal family, especially given recent issues.

The press, atleast Se og Hør, and probably other as well has known her name for quite some time. They wrote about her going to Miami with Haakon, Mette-Marit and Sverre Magnus early in 2024. They wrote today that they have not published her name because they are young and has kept the relationship private, even if they were together in the parade on 17th of May. When they show up together at such and event they publish her name.

Even if it was known Magnus was Ingrid Alexandras girlfriend for more than two years they were only photographed together 3 or so times, in addition to the birthday where they were not seen together. I imagine the interest here is even smaller, there is very litle press interest in Sverre Magnus compared to his sister who is news whenever she blinks. This is IMO not like prince William stepping out with Kate, when the wedding is over I do not expect to see many photos of them at all, even less if it is true she lives in Trondheim(?)

She still has her 'location' as Oslo on LinkedIn but her internships (which typically are temporary) are in Trondheim.

I think the NRF don't mind a positive side-story for once. - Nor I think, do the Norwegians.

And it is indeed heartwarming to see Magnus happy and proud.

I don't . His aunt gets married and he's invited. Should he just tell her:"Sorry, I know we've been dating a bit and you went on a holiday with my parents but you can stay home for this."

Even if his girlfriend had been an adult, it would indeed have been less surprising (that is, more normal) if she had not attended royal family events (as opposed to private family vacations) as part of the royal family (as opposed to attending as one of the private guests like Magnus Heien Haugstad did, as noted by Somebody).

As late as ten years ago, it was nearly unheard of for even a serious, long-term partner of a European royal to be taken as a date to a public royal event before the formal betrothal. For example, Daniel Westling (now Prince Daniel of Sweden) did not attend public events with the royal family before the engagement, even though he dated the crown princess for seven years and unofficially lived with her for several years.

The fact that Amalie Givær Macleod is a minor does indeed make it more surprising. Apart from the lack of royal precedent with minors, the privacy of minors is generally given closer protection than the privacy of adults, which is why Se og Hør waited until Ingrid Alexandra became an adult to report on her boyfriend and why, per Annine, newspapers have refrained from reporting on Amalie until she and Magnus made their relationship public themselves.

As late as ten years ago, it was nearly unheard of for even a serious, long-term partner of a European royal to be taken as a date to a public royal event before the formal betrothal. For example, Daniel Westling (now Prince Daniel of Sweden) did not attend public events with the royal family before the engagement, even though he dated the crown princess for seven years and unofficially lived with her for several years.
The argument in this case might be that it officially is considered a 'private event'. The Swedish royals did bring their partners to their father's very public 60th birthday party celebration (although Emma and Jonas walked in together instead of with their royal partners).

There are also a few examples in the Dutch royal family. The princes Pieter-Christiaan and Floris brought their girlfriends to the christening of Amalia in June (2004). Both of them got engaged at the end of the year (although they weren't announced until early the next year) and got married in the fall (August and October) of the next year (2005). It was definitely talked about at that point as a significant step for them to have them publicly join them before they were engaged. Mabel Wisse Smit famously also joined the family during the funeral of prince Claus, her then boyfriend's father. She was not front and center but did join the family (as anonymous as possible) when they entered the crypt with only the queen, her children (and children-in-law) as well as Claus' sisters.

Lovely to see Sverre Magnus and his girlfriend attending the wedding events with his family. A nice contrast from the recent unfortunate events surrounding Marius.

Back
Top Bottom