Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Harry appear at The Coronation and kneel and swear loyalty to King Charles, as he is traditionally obligated to do ?

To be " his leige man of life and limb " ?
His Father, His King..... who he says is "trapped" and a liar too !
What a conundrum .....LOL.

Oh, and I expect the book to be brutal too. Delving into more grievances and perceived slights by Prince Petulant.
Charles the "uncaring" Liar, William, the always protected Bully, Bad -Arrogant Courtiers, Racist and intrusive Media, and 'Powerless' Granny.
With Camilla, I'm still sure to come in for a drubbing.

Hopefully He goes easy on The Queen and Prince Phillip.
And LOTS about wonderful Diana, who his wife is a carbon copy of !!

Why did the Palace ( if they actually did) announce that the Sussex's would be invited ? I would have waited until the Book came out.
But seeing that public reaction in the UK AND The States of the ridiculous Docu-series has been critical, downright negative, maybe they are taking the high road.

Last edited:
Charles can only win if he invites them. Harry is his son, after all. Plus, another olive branch. I agree that the ball is in the Sussex court then - if they attend, they will be branded as hyprocrits for being at a core event of an institution they seems to despise so much with people who lie and bully others, so they lose whatever is left of their credibility.
My guess is that they will be invited and won't attend because they are offended for having the coronation at the same day as Archie's birthday.

I’m on the fence about the coronation too.

I don’t think they deserve to be invited. Their continuing nastiness about their family, the institution, etc speaks for itself.

Plus- we know they’ll sell whatever they can get away with. Nothing seems to be off limits with these two. I’m astounded as to just how much they were willing to sell for this program. So, they can’t be trusted.

Furthermore- I don’t expect the family to act like they are besties with people who profit off of publicly criticizing them. (They pretty clearly distanced themselves from the Sussexes at TQ’s funeral overall.) So- that will get commented on. Might be something else for the Sussexes to complain about too.

Agreed- there SHOULD be consequences for their behavior.

Why they’d want to attend after all their whining is beyond me. It should be the last thing they want to attend.

Except that I can see them wanting to be seen as royal, still have a connection- even if it’s a connection they complain about. It’s all they have really. I haven’t heard them say they’ll never use their titles again- even after 3 years of nonstop complaining about the price they paid for them.

Still- Harry is Charles son. Part of me thinks he should get to come with restrictions attached. It could also be seen as petty on Charles part to not invite him. It could look like Charles has completely cut off Harry.

I sort of think Charles is dammed if he does and damned if he doesn’t invite them.

I lean towards Charles inviting him though. Be the bigger person. Put restrictions in place. The Sussexes can come or not.
H&M needs to be there because they want tha attention on them (or her) and material to sell.
They're nothing without their titles and royal conections. I'm really sure that their so called (VIP) ''friends'' woudn't be there if they lost relevance...

Agree about Charles position, one way or another it will be used againts the RF.

What you don't know can't hurt you, eh? ;)

On a more serious note, each one of the things Meghan got criticized for could just be washed away. I can't think of a single royal who hasn't been caught unawares of their own privileges, flaunting wealth and so on. The thing is, Meghan didn't care to listen and learn. As Scobie said, she wasn't willing to change to please anyone. Instead, she insisted on doing things the American way but being funded as a UK duchess. Never gonna work or at least without much mockery and bad image. With her, the instances just kept piling on.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Speaking of Amal Clooney, she would have been quite a "catch" as a guest on her Podcast, or on the Docu-series.
A brilliant and respected Lawyer in International Human Rights Law, of Arabic descent and married to Uber A lister George Clooney. Her global perspective would have been fascinating. As well as balancing a life with giant media interest too !

Instead Meghan had "yesterdays news" Paris Hilton and I might get blowback on this, but Mariah Carey has already peaked too.

ONLY Serena Williams is a current Player, literally in today's Media Market. The Podcast for me offered nothing of Substance either. No-one of Political or Hollywood Icon status. I wonder if that surprised Meghan ? Supposedly She wanted Reese Witherspoon on for the "Bingo Segment" but got turned down.
But as I said, Amal is seemingly MIA from The Sussex's now, and I expect more People will distance themselves too.

I totally agree and my guess is after this pathetic ego-show the couple will be ghosted by top A Listers by Hollywood stardard. Beyonce will be mortified that she got mentioned and I doubt we will see her or the likes of Amal Clooney etc anywhere near Meghan.

Moving on from the coronation, something I don't think was discussed here: the revelation in the second series, totally glossed over in the first, that Meghan cut Ashleigh out of her life after "not being allowed" to invite Ashleigh to her wedding.

Bless Ashleigh for having the forgiveness of a saint for agreeing to go on television to confirm that her aunt, with whom she had been close, not only did not invite her to a wedding where she invited dozens of people she had never met, but then cut her out of her life when she finally found "the family she had never had but always wanted," the implication being that she frankly had no need for Ashleigh anymore. Not only this, but she then reached out and "invited her back in" once that family was gone and she had need of the old one back.

I can't imagine how Meghan thought this makes her look good. It makes her look like she uses people, discards them, and hopes they are waiting in the wings when she needs them again.

It also totally underlies the story that Meghan was forced to exclude Ashleigh, because that tale doesn't account for what happened next.

It’s not Charles inviting Harry and Meghan, it’s The King inviting his second son. The spare. We don’t know and are not privy to know what this father thinks and feels. What we know is what The King is doing or not. It’s not on merit, it’s the hierarchy that calls for him to be invited.

Well at least it will be funny *if* they attend to see the blowback they get.

Loud and unmistakable boos that will certainly unnerve the UBER thinned skin Sussex's. All attributed to.....".racism", in their mind.
The PUBLIC snubbing by Family members like the fabulous "cut" by Mike Tindall and Peter Phillips at a Jubilee Event as they stood outside waiting for their Cars. Wouldnt even acknowledge their presence ! The rest of the Family then went to a Luncheon that Harry and Meghan didn't attend.

I would almost feel bad for Harry, this is his Family, Country and an HISTORICAL event of unparalleled grandeur and significance.
It is literally in his blood.
But he so vehemently and willingly demeaned, trashed and mocked his Family and "The Institution", so I hope he is miserable. On some level he will be. In deciding whether to attend after everything he has said and claimed.

As for brass balls Meghan, all publicity is good publicity. Trot out the kids and make a big show ( literally) about it and their Royal Heritage. A Netflix Show about it. She would love it !

Last edited:
I totally agree and my guess is after this pathetic ego-show the couple will be ghosted by top A Listers by Hollywood stardard. Beyonce will be mortified that she got mentioned and I doubt we will see her or the likes of Amal Clooney etc anywhere near Meghan.

I kind of think that’s already started happening before this series.

I think Amal Clooney, for instance, looks to have decided to distance herself from the Sussexes before this series. She’s now involved with The Prince’s Trust. And hasn’t involved herself in this or the podcast.

It’s not Charles inviting Harry and Meghan, it’s The King inviting his second son. The spare. We don’t know and are not privy to know what this father thinks and feels. What we know is what The King is doing or not. It’s not on merit, it’s the hierarchy that calls for him to be invited.

The King has publicly stated that he loves H&M and wishes them the best. I fully expect the King to also show, rather than just say, this love by continuing to be patient and inclusive of H&M. The RF isn't playing into the medias game of trying to continue this circus.

The King has publicly stated that he loves H&M and wishes them the best. I fully expect the King to also show, rather than just say, this love by continuing to be patient and inclusive of H&M. The RF isn't playing into the medias game of trying to continue this circus.
To be fair, it isn't just the media trying to continue this. Harry and Meghan are ardent participants and they have more of a vested interest than the media. Without it, the media will just find a new thing to talk about but they will have nothing to sell.

I also expect that they will be invited. Just stashed away somewhere where they can't be seen the vast majority of time. I expect Meghan will outdo herself doing one of the curtsies that she, as American, found so hard to get used to. Then, they'll make another media round re: how mistreated we were at the coronation and no one came to celebrate our son's birthday later, win some money and that'll be it. Until the next change of monarch where the salty stories will be dug from behind the dust by the eager media. I expect that at this time, the Sussexes will be as eager as the RF is now to put an end to this but it won't be up to them, like it isn't up to the RF now.

Last edited:
H&M needs to be there because they want tha attention on them (or her) and material to sell.
They're nothing without their titles and royal conections. I'm really sure that their so called (VIP) ''friends'' woudn't be there if they lost relevance..
Exactly. They shouldn't go, because they've made it abundantly clear that they hate and abhor The Institution, and that they also do not personally support either the Lying King or the Screaming Heir. A couple who's truly voed on the way Harry (laughably) said they were doing in the docuseries should just stay at home and celebrate their son's birthday with the new "family of friends" they've made. But they'll probably go because they are clout chasers who are well aware that their lingering, faint proximity to royalty is the only reason anyone is still paying them any attention.

Plus, by May the attention from the book release will have died down and everyone (even most of their supporters) will well and truly be tired of hearing them rehash old grievances. What better way to collect an entirely new set of grievances to put them back in the spotlight than by moaning about how the family largely ignored them and the British media and public treated them horribly during their visit? Scobie is probably already licking his chops. I'm already exhausted just imagining it.

To be fair, it isn't just the media trying to continue this. Harry and Meghan are ardent participants and they have more of a vested interest than the media. Without it, the media will just find a new thing to talk about but they will have nothing to sell.

I also expect that they will be invited. Just stashed away somewhere where they can't be seen the vast majority of time. I expect Meghan will outdo herself doing one of the curtsies that she, as American, found so hard to get used to. Then, they'll make another media round re: how mistreated we were at the coronation and no one came to celebrate our son's birthday later, win some money and that'll be it. Until the next change of monarch where the salty stories will be dug from behind the dust by the eager media. I expect that at this time, the Sussexes will be as eager as the RF is now to put an end to this but it won't be up to them, like it isn't up to the RF now.

Stashed away indeed, Moran. There's a whole host of status indicators that the Sussexes will be fretting over. An invitation is one thing, but the details concerning official precedence, use of HRH, seating, mode of transportation etc. will most probably be 100% on palace terms. The hostility captured in this Netflix series, along with Harry's upcoming book makes it unlikely that anyone will be bending over backwards to satisfy the Sussexes at the coronation.

One good reason to invite them, aside from familial ties, is to prevent them from sitting in a TV studio or broadcaster's gantry outside of The Abbey doing color commentary during the event.

Yes, H&M are feeding the circus, but they have nothing new to offer and it is the media that continue to enflame it to these exacerbating levels. The King will invite his second son to the Coronation and he and his spouse will be accorded all the rights and privileges that come along with it. I personally feel the polite thing would be for H&M to decline the invitation but we already know that the monarchy is essential to their brand and they will not shy away from it.

I wonder if nowadays the feelings are very much like the famous quote by Lord Merton in Downton Abbey: "As my son I love you, but I've tried and failed to like you"

Stashed away indeed, Moran. There's a whole host of status indicators that the Sussexes will be fretting over. An invitation is one thing, but the details concerning official precedence, use of HRH, seating, mode of transportation etc. will most probably be 100% on palace terms. The hostility captured in this Netflix series, along with Harry's upcoming book makes it unlikely that anyone will be bending over backwards to satisfy the Sussexes at the coronation.

One good reason to invite them, aside from familial ties, is to prevent them from sitting in a TV studio or broadcaster's gantry outside of The Abbey doing color commentary during the event.
They ignored the palace terms on transportation during the Jubilee, so I am not sure they will abide by them this time.

Nonetheless, given that he is Charles' son and the second adult in line to the throne (still only one major accident away for ascending the throne), I do think he should be invited - but they might find a way to let him just be part of the wider family; unlike William's family who will be given a prominent position - although he was definitely treated as more than just a member of the family during the queen's funeral, so we'll see how they go about it now. At least the fact that they've been rather liberal in their order of precedence is in their advantage as they can be flexible this time again if they feel the need to do so.

Moving on from the coronation, something I don't think was discussed here: the revelation in the second series, totally glossed over in the first, that Meghan cut Ashleigh out of her life after "not being allowed" to invite Ashleigh to her wedding.

Bless Ashleigh for having the forgiveness of a saint for agreeing to go on television to confirm that her aunt, with whom she had been close, not only did not invite her to a wedding where she invited dozens of people she had never met, but then cut her out of her life when she finally found "the family she had never had but always wanted," the implication being that she frankly had no need for Ashleigh anymore. Not only this, but she then reached out and "invited her back in" once that family was gone and she had need of the old one back.

I can't imagine how Meghan thought this makes her look good. It makes her look like she uses people, discards them, and hopes they are waiting in the wings when she needs them again.

It also totally underlies the story that Meghan was forced to exclude Ashleigh, because that tale doesn't account for what happened next.

This is a good point.

Basically- Meghan said she was more or less advised not to invite Ashleigh (or something that shifted responsibility from her own choice), then she essentially opted to cut her out of her life. Ghosted her- if you will.

It doesn’t reflect well on Meghan at all.

And it does thoroughly undermine her story about basically having to not invite her. It’s not like anyone told her not to maintain a relationship with her niece.

What it looks like is she didn’t personally want to deal with press issues involving her at the wedding or for some other reason just didn’t really want her there. (I guess she preferred the issue of no known family at the wedding but her mother.) And after- she didn’t need her- so she cut her off-….until she did need her again.

Very typical of Meghan though that her story doesn’t make sense.

They ignored the palace terms on transportation during the Jubilee, so I am not sure they will abide by them this time.

Nonetheless, given that he is Charles' son and the second adult in line to the throne (still only one major accident away for ascending the throne), I do think he should be invited - but they might find a way to let him just be part of the wider family; unlike William's family who will be given a prominent position - although he was definitely treated as more than just a member of the family during the queen's funeral, so we'll see how they go about it now. At least the fact that they've been rather liberal in their order of precedence is in their advantage as they can be flexible this time again if they feel the need to do so.

True. I think the details very much matter to them. It’s not just the invite. They don’t just want to attend big events, they want certain privileges too. I don’t want to go OT- but the shock/dismay on their faces, the body language, at the jubilee when they saw where they were sitting was priceless.

I really hope William doesn’t travel with his entire family anymore. Beyond the obvious potential personal tragedy- putting Harry or his heirs on the throne is, I would imagine for the British people, unacceptable at this point.

I’ll go ahead and go all in on the- he should be invited and do as he likes with the invitation. Attend, stay home….whatever. It’s how I was leaning anyway, but I do think it’s the right thing to do for many reasons.

Last edited:
The King has been given bad advice if this invitation has been made. His second son can visit whenever he chooses but the British public shouldn't have to put up with him at what ought to be a celebration. After all, they're paying for it aren't they?

The King has been given bad advice if this invitation has been made.

I think it's more important that Charles is seen as the bigger person. Any hint of rejection on his part only gives weight to Harry's accusations, and that's the absolute last thing BP wants right now.

I think it's more important that Charles is seen as the bigger person. Any hint of rejection on his part only gives weight to Harry's accusations, and that's the absolute last thing BP wants right now.

Maybe but BP also need to think very clearly about public opinion in this country. If they lose that then they're in big trouble. The coronation is not a family matter.

H&M will just use the coronation for their own ends & publicity.

Maybe but BP also need to think very clearly about public opinion in this country. If they lose that then they're in big trouble. The coronation is not a family matter.

H&M will just use the coronation for their own ends & publicity.
IA. I notice a certain pattern in Harry's behavior - he's becoming increasingly hostile to the UK, its past and its public. It isn't just his father and brother (and now grandmother) that he's attacking, it's the British public. Which is supposed to respect his place in the hierarchy? And pay for the dubious pleasure of watching him sulk or be enraged at the coronation? I don't think so.

Well, Charles himself has benefitted from the gracious forgiveness of his subjects and his family. It behooves him to remember that. What a different day May 4 could have been if the King were standing beside his sons’ mother.

According to this article in The Times, Harry and Meghan now want to sit down with the family to address the issues raised in the Netflix series. They apparently feel they are owed an apology for how they were treated.

Well, Charles himself has benefitted from the gracious forgiveness of his subjects and his family. It behooves him to remember that. What a different day May 4 could have been if the King were standing beside his sons’ mother.

Indeed. Two people ill suited for one another and the life they were living, tied together by external pressures and expectations, living miserable lives. Instead, we will have Charles taking the oath of kingship next to the love of his life, who has supported him through high and low and whose role fits her like a glove, accepted by his heir and beloved as a mother-in-law and grandmother. How grateful we should be that love won.

(Those gracious persons in the UK are citizens, not "his subjects.")

Well their mother has been dead for a long while so she wouldn't be at the coronation regardless. However, I agree that the King understands and believes in forgiveness and multiple chances. HM understands very well what its like to have past constantly brought up and every mistake resurrected throughout his life. I believe it is his own lived experience that his guiding his patient and loving attitude towards the whole H&M saga. That doesn't mean I think the King will go groveling and apologizing to them but rather continue to always include and make space for them.

According to this article in The Times, Harry and Meghan now want to sit down with the family to address the issues raised in the Netflix series. They apparently feel they are owed an apology for how they were treated.

And this is the whole point about the ongoing farce. H&M just want to keep going on & on about it. It keeps them in the news. Which is where they want to stay.

The British media & some in the US are just as culpable because they continue to feed the beast. At some point people will stop caring & the media will just move onto something else.

But at the moment we are stuck in a seemingly never ending & (for the media & H&M) mutually self serving loop of pointless drama.

Last edited:
Well their mother has been dead for a long while so she wouldn't be at the coronation regardless. However, I agree that the King understands and believes in forgiveness and multiple chances. HM understands very well what its like to have past constantly brought up and every mistake resurrected throughout his life. I believe it is his own lived experience that his guiding his patient and loving attitude towards the whole H&M saga. That doesn't mean I think the King will go groveling and apologizing to them but rather continue to always include and make space for them.

I think that’s a good way of putting it.

Pretty sure they said the same thing after Oprah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if nowadays the feelings are very much like the famous quote by Lord Merton in Downton Abbey: "As my son I love you, but I've tried and failed to like you"

Perfect! I think that is Charles' thoughts exactly

So long as those spaces remain private ones then people in Britain won't care. Anything in the public sphere relating to the monarchy however raises different & legitimate questions about their participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom