Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dress was absolute perfection! It had such "Impact"

It literally took my breath away. The structure, the veil and the fit coupled with the lighting in the church and outside? Sublime.

My second favorite dress of all time.

It was perfection.

Loved it. One of my most favourite royal wedding dresses ever. Simple and elegant allowing the stunning veil to stand out.

Photos on Twitter! Sexy sexy dress!

LaRae

Both dresses are very nice! I don't like the hair at either events.

Is Fashion Maven still AWOL? Has she had a meltdown from a combination of lack of sleep and Mimosas?

Hmmmmmm

LaRae

I really liked the first dress, but the second one..? It doesn't even look like a wedding dress to me, tbh. But oh well.

And what's up with her hair? Is she allergic to hairspray or what? Seriously, mess in the morning, mess now...

I don't understand where this relatively recent trend of changing dresses comes from. I believe the Duchess of Cambridge did it as well, as did Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Beatrice Borromeo. It is practical I suppose & easier to party in. But considering it is still the wedding day it can be nice to wear the actual wedding dress the entire wedding day. But to each its own.

Having that said, she looks great in the Stella McCartney dress.

Last edited:
The Stella mc cartney dress is so much better after the disappointment of the actual wedding dress.

[..]
And what's up with her hair? Is she allergic to hairspray or what? Seriously, mess in the morning, mess now...

Yes, this drives me mad, too. Horrible, horrible hair.

I don't understand where this relatively recent trend of changing dresses comes from. I believe the Duchess of Cambridge did it as well, as did Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Beatrice Borromeo. It is practical I suppose & easier to party in. But considering it is still the wedding day it can be nice to wear the actual wedding dress the entire wedding day. But to each its own.

I agree...

Last edited by a moderator:

Many brides think they have to have a very formal/traditional gown for the ceremony. Especially for a religious ceremony. So many who have the money to do so, will have a second dress that is a bit more fun and care free.

For royal brides it is likely a bit of that. But also the long train of their bridal gowns aren't exactly practical for a late night party.

And what's up with her hair? Is she allergic to hairspray or what? Seriously, mess in the morning, mess now..

One stray curl or two was hardly a mess this morning.

Messy buns (tonight) are a style. Get used to it. The days when young women wear their hair hairsprayed to an inch of its life for a polished evening look, are gone in most people that age.

I mean, getting two wedding dresses isn't bad :lol:

I think it's because the "main" wedding dress is meant for the WOW effect and thus could be quite uncomfortable, heavy and the train could be problematic while dancing. Having second one just makes everything easier, the bride is more comfortable (also not having to wear the same thing for the whole day), it's easier to dance in the second dress and also there's no chance the first dress will be damaged during the reception.

Very pretty! Two different looks for two different moods. I hope they have a wonderful time!

Two dresses also make sense because of the time difference in the two receptions. It would be impractical to keep on the same dress for the hours in between and most brides would not want to freshen up their hair and makeup and then put back on the same thing much later.

[...]

Messy buns (tonight) are a style. Get used to it. The days when young women wear their hair hairsprayed to an inch of its life for a polished evening look, are gone in most people that age.
It's not one or two stray curls, it's the overall look of the updo. It was messy. And then the wind just made everything worse.

I'm ten years younger than Meghan and I firmy believe that while a messy bun is great in some cases, your own wedding (especially on this scale) is not one of them. Also, I won't be "getting used to" anything, thank you very much.

This is more of an evening dress but honestly, it doesn't do.it for me. Preferred the actual wedding dress.

I can't actually see any messy hair. I see a soft updo. And I definitely didn't see any messy hair for the ceremony.

I absolutely LOVE the Stella McCartney dress for the evening reception! Gorgeous!

The second on isn't supposed to look like a wedding dress....it's a evening reception.

LaRae

For royal brides it is likely a bit of that. But also the long train of their bridal gowns aren't exactly practical for a late night party.

That is not a problem, if the wedding dress is well designed, like crown princess Victoria's dress with a long detachable train.
I like the idea of one dress during the whole wedding day, then all your memories from that day are connected to that very special dress.

I had two dresses, mainly because this allowed me to pick a heavier option for the ceremonies I had knowing that I could change later. I had planned a cruise after my wedding, and knew I couldn't wear my long dress. I also certainly couldn't have one made for me, to have a detachable train! :lol::lol:

That is not a problem, if the wedding dress is well designed, like crown princess Victoria's dress with a long detachable train.
I like the idea of one dress during the whole wedding day, then all your memories from that day are connected to that very special dress.

Detachable trains are often not done well.

Some brides like one dress. That's great. Some like two. That's also great. Its their choice.

Again there is the 2nd half of what I said- that for the ceremony the royal brides have the pressure to have a certain type of gown. The evening look lets them let their hair down and pick a dress that suits their own tastes a bit better.

I don’t like the second dress one bit. And the colour is too white (if that’s a word), not flattering on her skin tone

Is it necessary to be so curt? :flowers:

Countessmeout said:
Many brides think they have to have a very formal/traditional gown for the ceremony. Especially for a religious ceremony. So many who have the money to do so, will have a second dress that is a bit more fun and care free.

True, it is practical. And it saves the real wedding dress from being trampled on by other partying guests, which is handy as it will probably be used for exhibitions & needs to be preserved for decades.

Fem said:
I mean, getting two wedding dresses isn't bad

Fair point, and all the guests -including the groom- got to change from morning to evening outfits, so why not the bride.

But nothing beats the first dance in the real wedding dress for me. I believe the Crown Princesses of Denmark and Sweden were able to zip of much of the train, which was a practical solution as well.

Anyway, she looks great in both dresses and should of course do whatever she wants, it's her day after all.

lumutqueen said:
I had two dresses, mainly because this allowed me to pick a heavier option for the ceremonies I had knowing that I could change later. I had planned a cruise after my wedding, and knew I couldn't wear my long dress. I also certainly couldn't have one made for me, to have a detachable train!

Since we man have it very easy in just wearing a suit and comfortable shoes, perhaps it is best if I keep my mouth shut about the whole thing from now on ;). I am sure you felt like a bride & had a blast in both dresses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom