Annual Summer Stay at Graasten Slot: 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is part 2 of the thread dedicated to the Danish Royal Family's annual summer stay at Graasten Slot.

You can find the old thread here:

** Annual Photo Shoots & Holidays At Gråsten Slot: 2003, 2005-2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Change of residency in the summer.

"At the beginning of July, the Royal Couple will stay at Graasten Castle. Their Majesties are thus continuing the tradition of using the castle in Southern Jutland as a summer residence. The right to use the castle was given to the King's grandparents, the then crown prince couple (later Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid) in 1935, and thus the castle has been a gathering place for the royal family during the summer months for almost 90 years.
In connection with the King and Queen's residence dedication, there will be an official reception at Torvet i Gråsten, where the royal couple will be welcomed by Sønderborg Municipality Mayor Erik Lauritzen and Sønderborg Municipality City Council."

lovely to see that the tradition will continue. Frederik I'm sure has lovely memories from his grandmother at Graasten. Plus Frederik and Mary have had lots of summer there already, watching the horse parade comes to mind.

Lovely to see that Gråsten will be kept as the main ”Summer Residence” and that both the King and Queen as well as Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte will spend time there…

Early July seems rather early. They normally were in Graasten late July or August. I guess they plan to go. on their real holiday afterwards.

Lovely to see that the tradition will continue. I wonder if the earlier arrival is to be able to spend time there, then maybe take a private holiday. I also think that we will see them at the Paris Summer Olympics for at least the first few days. The games start on July 26th I believe and run for two weeks.

I suppose they will spend a few days at the Summer Olympics in Paris that takes place between 26 July - 11 August…

Maybe they have planned to spend the later part of their summer holiday at Chateau de Cayx in connection with that…

Or maybe they want to spend some time there with the extended family, then give Margrethe, Benedikte, and their friends time on their own.

I would love to see them resume having the annual summer photo shoot they used to have prior to PH’s death and the pandemic.

Tomorrow will be the change of residency to Grasten.

In connection with this there will be an official welcome.
Billed Bladet will be live at the welcoming
"On Tuesday at At 16.00 there will be an official reception for King Frederik and Queen Mary at Torvet in Gråsten by Mayor Erik Lauritzen.
And if the weather permits, the royal couple, after the official reception, will walk the short 300 meters from the square via Slotsgade to Gråsten Castle."

Another live blog for today's arrival:

And photos:

** gettyimages gallery **

Wonderful!!

Herr are more great photos

Lovely

Video from BB

Last edited:
The locals have been looking forward to this summer-stay at Gråsten. They were a bit concerned as to whether the Regent Couple would continue the tradition.
Of course QMII is already there, and she surely has no intention whatsoever to stop going there as she is very fond of the place.

Of course QMII is already there,
How do you know that? Didn't BB report that Queen Margrethe has taken up residence in Marselisborg? And according to the calendar she will be in Grenaa in North-Jutland on Saturday.
I have read Vincent and Josephine are in Graasten, but I doubt QM is already there.

How do you know that? Didn't BB report that Queen Margrethe has taken up residence in Marselisborg? And according to the calendar she will be in Grenaa in North-Jutland on Saturday.
I have read Vincent and Josephine are in Graasten, but I doubt QM is already there.
Because I read it somewhere. Dr.dk IIRC.
I know she's visiting Grenå, which is some 25 minutes drive from where we live.
So I imagine she says hi to her son and daughter-in-law, listen to a few anecdotes about Greenland and head off for Marselisborg in a day or two.

--------

Did a search on BB and found your article. So dr.dk got it wrong then.
Anyway, perhaps she will go to Gråsten later on. As I said, she is fond of the place.

The locals have been looking forward to this summer-stay at Gråsten. They were a bit concerned as to whether the Regent Couple would continue the tradition.
Of course QMII is already there, and she surely has no intention whatsoever to stop going there as she is very fond of the place.

I think the fondness from Margrethe has also extended to Frederik. He did a wonderful speech where he mentions the family's enjoyment.

"- I myself have lots of childhood memories, and now as an adult, mentioned the king, who has been in Gråsten almost every summer for many years.
- Also the last many years, when we have established a family and our children dart around, as I did as a boy.
- And as my mother, Queen Margrethe, and her sister Benedikte - and once in a while Queen Anne-Marie - did.
- To see the sisters, as they are also called here, to see them become girls again when they are at Graasten Castle. It is a sign that this is a great place of peace, joy and summer and flowers, bees, animals and also people, said a happy king who clearly spoke from the heart.
Frederik also thanked for the city's fantastic welcome and ended the speech with the South Jutland greeting: -Mojn!"

Mary has a love for Grasten too

some more great pics

:previous:

The article the photos are taken from with some additional ones:

They both look fantastic. With either Grace or Coco

photos from the DRF

I wonder when the rest of the family will join them? I wonder if they will invite the aunts and cousins this year?

"Local media Gråsten Avis reports that no less than 7,000 happy people turned up to cheer on Queen Mary and King Frederik."
Official welcome yo Grasten

It was just announced that it is QMII who will receive the ring rider procession this Sunday – I reckon if M&F had still been at Gråsten on Sunday, it would only be natural for them to have been announced alongside her. Short stay this year.

With the twins in Skagen, Isabella on holiday overseas and Christian understandably busy with his student parties, it doesn't appear we will get some type of photo opportunity with M&F and their kids at Gråsten this year.

Some new photos from Grasten …

Little Mafalda looks quiet big for not even 3 months old

Back
Top Bottom