Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 5: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks overdressed when you look at what other female guests were wearing.

Beautiful elegant look for what is essentially pants. Funny that Mary, Charlene and Mathilde all wore jumpsuits

Queen Mathilde in Natan at the National Day fire works display last night, a bit too dark, autumn-like for me for a summer night:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
The above is like Tribal meets Rio Carnival to me. The pattern is so loud people around probably didn't hear the fireworks.

Queen Mathilde in white at the gala dinner hosted by the International Olympic Committee and the French Presidency at the Louvre Museum this evening:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **
Much better here
Both queen and the other lady to the right side are wearing a similar style we see in royals, like a cape that is also part of the outfit or gown with part of the upper arm and shoulders covered and then open down the forearm. I used to see the retired Empress of Japan in this type of look.
Is there a fashion name for this type of cut? A faux cape gown?

Queen Mathilde in white at the gala dinner hosted by the International Olympic Committee and the French Presidency at the Louvre Museum this evening:
I don't what to make of it its an odd combination and a long white dress would have looked nicer.

There's something ill-fitting around the waist-hip area. Other than that she looks ethereal from the waist up!

Queen Mathilde in white at the gala dinner hosted by the International Olympic Committeeand the French Presidency at the Louvre Museum this evening:

** Full view ** Side view **

There's something ill-fitting around the waist-hip area. Other than that she looks ethereal from the waist up!

I noticed that too but didn't comment on it because it looks odd in the front but not noticeable on the side picture. Since you brought it up, I was going to say she needs to walk like an Egyptian for it to look ok.

Back
Top Bottom