King Frederik & Queen Mary's Summer Tour aboard the Dannebrog: 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uh, I'm going to need context for the remark. I presume the speaker was calling him handsome, or whatever the literal translation is?

I realize she's from a different generation but didn't QM openly appear unimpressed if anyone tried to non-You her?
It was slang for "very sexy".

She was indeed. Only close friends are on informal you with QMII.
She got quite a bit of heat some years back when a journalist addressed her by informal you. In the 20-20 vision of hindsight she could perhaps have done that differently and perhaps the journalist was simply very nervous.
But that's the rules, learn them, accept them and follow them or don't be a journalist. It's not rocket science.

It was slang for "very sexy".

She was indeed. Only close friends are on informal you with QMII.
She got quite a bit of heat some years back when a journalist addressed her by informal you. In the 20-20 vision of hindsight she could perhaps have done that differently and perhaps the journalist was simply very nervous.
But that's the rules, learn them, accept them and follow them or don't be a journalist. It's not rocket science.
That’s why I admire this grande dame! She says what she means and means what she says. She’s very direct and what you see is what you get. She’s proper and I find that refreshing, but I can see how that could be perceived as intimidating.

Let‘s get back to the topic of this thread! Thank you!

King Frederik X and Queen Mary land on the Dannebrog royal yacht.

More photos:

Hope we get more pictures from the dinner. that dress on Mary is a knockout.

May this tradition with the Dannebrog always continue.

Pictures of last night's dinner in Amalienborg:

It was also a farewell to the captain of Dannebrog, who after five years in command is retiring from service.
Commanding Danneborg is the most prestigious command you can have in the Danish navy and as such it is usually the last command for a captain. At least I know of no captain who has continued to serve after Dannebrog.

As the Monarch's personal captain, the captain of Danneborg (always a commander = equivalent to lieutenant-colonel) also acts as adjutant when on land, say in connection with the summer cruises. Not just adjutant, but the senior adjutant.
So this is the command you get after a long and distinguished service in the navy. - Senior navy officers can be divided into two categories: Those who want to sail and hopefully eventually command Dannebrog and those who want to be admirals.

Back
Top Bottom