Juan Valentín, Pablo, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News and Events 3: Jan. 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all, if anything happens, a dispensation will not be required ;)

I believe that Inaki was stripped of his title Duke of Palma. Is this correct? Is Jaime still Duke of Lugo since the divorce? Will his son, Froilan, become the duke upon his death if Jaime still has the title?

I believe that Inaki was stripped of his title Duke of Palma. Is this correct? Is Jaime still Duke of Lugo since the divorce? Will his son, Froilan, become the duke upon his death if Jaime still has the title?
The title is Elena's and is a personal (life-time) title which will not be passed on to her children. Cristina was stripped of her title of Duchess of Palma de Mallorca in 2015; because of that Iñaki lost his title as well, as he was the Duke purely because his wife was the Duchess.

In Spain, it is not necessarily the father who passes on a title to -normally- the eldest child (not son) but the titleholder which can be either the father or mother (the most famous example being the Duchess of Alba).

The title is Elena's and is a personal (life-time) title which will not be passed on to her children. Cristina was stripped of her title of Duchess of Palma de Mallorca in 2015; because of that Iñaki lost his title as well, as he was the Duke purely because his wife was the Duchess.

In Spain, it is not necessarily the father who passes on a title to -normally- the eldest child (not son) but the titleholder which can be either the father or mother (the most famous example being the Duchess of Alba).
Thank you! That answers my question.

A nice family gathering for Irene with her aunt Elena and her daughter!

Olympia Beracasa. Her family is well settled in Gstaad but she seems to be living in Madrid. Her half sister is a very important socialite in NYC.

Spanish magazine Hola discusses the relationship between Irene and Juan Urquijo this week as they were seen attending the pre-wedding party of Victoria López-Quesada and Enrique Moreno de la Cova last Friday:

** Pic ** hola article **

Spanish magazine Hola discusses the relationship between Irene and Juan Urquijo this week as they were seen attending the pre-wedding party of Victoria López-Quesada and Enrique Moreno de la Cova last Friday:

** Pic ** hola article **
Is Juan Urquijo,a grandson of Princess Teresa of Bourbon-Two Sicilies?

Is Juan Urquijo,a grandson of Princess Teresa of Bourbon-Two Sicilies?
Yes, he is. As it is mentioned in the article, both him and Irene are descendants of King Alfonso XII (they are fourth cousins-see the previous page of this thread)

Yes, he is. As it is mentioned in the article, both him and Irene are descendants of King Alfonso XII (they are fourth cousins-see the previous page of this thread)
I am glad that Irene is dating someone from another royal family and a descendant of King Alfonso XII.

I am glad that Irene is dating someone from another royal family and a descendant of King Alfonso XII.

Don't you mean the same royal family? Alfonso XIII was a Spanish monarch. If you were referring to the marriage of Juan Urquijo's great-great-grandmother Doña María de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias, to a nephew of the last King of the Two Sicilies, Prince Carlos de Borbón married into the Spanish royal family when he married the then Princess of Asturias, becoming the consort Prince of Asturias for the duration of the marriage, in the same way a female consort would.

There have actually been quite a few cases when members of different cadet or morganatic lines of the Spanish royal family have married one another, which I don't think is the case for any other European reigning family.

Has it been established that she is dating and not just friends?

Has it been established that she is dating and not just friends?
Yes, they're dating and this is the first time they attend a family gathering together (they had already attended the wedding of his sister Teresa to the Mayor of Madrid, separately)

Yes, they're dating and this is the first time they attend a family gathering together (they had already attended the wedding of his sister Teresa to the Mayor of Madrid, separately)
Sorry, but this is incorrect. There have been articles in the pink press about their dating, but nothing confirms it. Irene is supposedly going next year to the US to further her studies.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. There have been articles in the pink press about their dating, but nothing confirms it. Irene is supposedly going next year to the US to further her studies.
Sorry, but your info is incorrect. Irene is going to UCL, which is in...oh yes: London.

And she and Juan are more than friends.

Sorry, but your info is incorrect. Irene is going to UCL, which is in...oh yes: London.

And she and Juan are more than friends.
There's been information about Irene going to the US and London but nothing has been confirmed. We'll know eventually but as right now, it's all speculation.

Same as it is speculation,about her relationship with Juan.

Edited. Irene was supposed to go on a sabbatical to India by some press sources. It didn't happen. She was also supposed to join a culinary school. It didn't happen either.

We really need to stop accepting what certain press say as a certainty.

Last edited:
For crying out loud, Hola! is Infanta Cristina's press office, they just ran a whole article dismantling a lie that had been spread by every other tabloid about Juan moving to Zarzuela.
They wouldn't have written something such as "This winter it will be a year since they began a relationship that they have carried out, all these months, with discretion". If they happened to be just friends, which they aren't.

But quite honestly, I'm ending the discussion here because there's no point arguing with you.
You do you.

The photos are out there and I trust Hola!

And I can't wait for the engagement announcement and wedding! Their family lines have been separated enough from their common ancestors and, fortunately adding non-royal DNA to diffuse that controversial trend back in the old days that caused so many family problems.
I hope if it ends with a wedding, it's a major event in Spain 💘

For crying out loud, Hola! is Infanta Cristina's press office, they just ran a whole article dismantling a lie that had been spread by every other tabloid about Juan moving to Zarzuela.
They wouldn't have written something such as "This winter it will be a year since they began a relationship that they have carried out, all these months, with discretion". If they happened to be just friends, which they aren't.

But quite honestly, I'm ending the discussion here because there's no point arguing with you.
You do you.

The photos are out there and I trust Hola!

I don't understand why you are mixing issues. Irene has moved to Zarzuela and will leave soon to further her studies overseas. Where? Nobody knows for certainty at this stage.

As to her relationship with Juan Urquijo, who knows the reality of their relationship? They've known each other since children, Irene is 19 y.o. and Hola has run articles in the past that were simple speculation.

I don't understand why you are mixing issues. Irene has moved to Zarzuela and will leave soon to further her studies overseas. Where? Nobody knows for certainty at this stage.

As to her relationship with Juan Urquijo, who knows the reality of their relationship? They've known each other since children, Irene is 19 y.o. and Hola has run articles in the past that were simple speculation.

Irene lives in Zarzuela Palace with his uncle King Felipe, Grandmother Sofia and Aunt Princess Irene?

I always wonder how many people reside in there, a two-building complex, since I recall reading Victoria, Infanta Elena's daughter, also spent time there with her grandmother.

Felipe and Letixia don't live at the main palace but as far as I am aware still live in a nearby villa where they've lived since their marriage. So, there is definitely room for Irene to stay with her grandmother for awhile.

Irene lives in Zarzuela Palace with his uncle King Felipe, Grandmother Sofia and Aunt Princess Irene?

I always wonder how many people reside in there, a two-building complex, since I recall reading Victoria, Infanta Elena's daughter, also spent time there with her grandmother.
Felipe, Letizia and her daughters live in a building close to Zarzuela - about 1 km from the main building. Supposedly, Zarzuela palace is the residency of the King, as Head of State in Spain. except the King doesn't live there.

Queen Sofia, his sister Irene and grandchildren wanting to move to Madrid before knowing what they want to do next, are the actual residents in Zarzuela. Frankly, more and more voices are raising against young royals using Zarzuela, a palace depending on national patrimony and taxes, as a hotel.

There's been information about Irene going to the US and London but nothing has been confirmed. We'll know eventually but as right now, it's all speculation.

Same as it is speculation,about her relationship with Juan.

Edited. Irene was supposed to go on a sabbatical to India by some press sources. It didn't happen. She was also supposed to join a culinary school. It didn't happen either.

We really need to stop accepting what certain press say as a certainty.

2 established facts:

1. Irene did go to India.

2. It is an established fact that Irene is in a romantic relationship Juan Urquijo.

The above isn't speculation or wishful thinking. There are multiple credible sources who have documented those facts through photographs and video.

Back
Top Bottom