General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a speculation. Probably age, probably health, probably his wife/wives.. May be more or nothing of them

We will never know the truth. But hope ZTZ's mother is fine with this arrangement. Is there any picture of Tahnoun with his son recently ?

If they start having less kids and only one son, how would you see the relationships esp. marriages in future ? As most of the alliances/reconciliatios between them are based on marriages, how would this get affected ?

In this case Mohamed bin Rashid seemingly has done good job. All his kids get along and esp. daughters(most of them) show PDA all over insta.

Bani Aisha means Saif bin Zayed's mother ?

Bani Aisha means children of Aisha Ali Al Darmaki. Aisha is mother of Saeed, Nahyan, Falah, Dhiyab and another 5 daughters.

Saif is Bani Mouza, known after his mother's name.

Sons of Mohammed bin Rashid are also close with each other. The girls used to be more close but I observed that they were keeping a thin distance since latifa's case. Btw, can't deny the fact that they are really close comparing others. Moreover, I seen this cordiality within late Maktoum bin Rashid's family, his son Saeed's family and in Ahmed bin Juma's family.

Last edited:
Can you say specifically about Maitha? She is never said as wife of ******. Is she unmarried?

probably yes, I have no information about marriages involving her

s you said about Tahnoun to have boy, he stopped having kids I feel the same case with Khaled. After having a boy, he also stopped and not sure if Dhiyab is also following same. I won't blame Tahnoun fully. I think there are some issues too..

Maybe it's not such a good decision to have only one son; Khalid has only one option for an heir, he is susceptible to several risks, his son may not want to rule, he may not be competent, he may have a temperament that is not compatible with that of a ruler... in these cases he would have to resort to his in-laws or his siblings or nephews

We will never know the truth. But hope ZTZ's mother is fine with this arrangement. Is there any picture of Tahnoun with his son recently ?
Zayed bin Tahnoun actually appear less publicly comparing with his cousins. There are many pics of son-father duo but not from recent times. If I am not wrong, he attended Zayed bin Suroor's marriage only in this year. So, quite difficult to find.

f they start having less kids and only one son, how would you see the relationships esp. marriages in future ? As most of the alliances/reconciliatios between them are based on marriages, how would this get affected ?

From the perspective of the most important Sheikhs, I believe that the priority is to balance the family's interests by marrying their children to members of different lineages (not marginalizing anyone) and strengthening their political allies; and it sure is easier to do when you have nine kids than three

I think you got that!

Maybe it's not such a good decision to have only one son; Khalid has only one option for an heir, he is susceptible to several risks, his son may not want to rule, he may not be competent, he may have a temperament that is not compatible with that of a ruler... in these cases he would have to resort to his in-laws or his siblings or nephews

Fully agree with you! He has 1 son means, he has one option only. He also has 2 brothers who are close to his age. If his son shows incompetence, then its his youngest brother, Zayed who can be a heir. They have an age gap of 13 years. Again there comes succession issue and he isn't married yet & happily passing his youth.

I think sometimes about Sharjah! Just after this ruler, his brother in law is going to grab the chair.

Would that be Hessa bint Mohammed bin Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan in the first picture? https://www.instagram.com/p/CrVjd2rv_aF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

No, I think. Hessa is already a year old. This baby girl is few months old. Probably she is Sheikha Saif's new granddaughter. May be from Hissa bint Sultan, a daughter of Zayed bin Khalifa Sultan Shakhbout. Not sure though. I dont know if u saw hessa bint mohamed, btw You will find her pic in zskfans page with his cousin khalifa.

Last edited:
Are these 3 roles same or different ? Ruler's representative, deputy ruler, governor. Since I use Google translator to read, I might not get exact translation. Hence asking.

Are these 3 roles same or different ? Ruler's representative, deputy ruler, governor. Since I use Google translator to read, I might not get exact translation. Hence asking.

All three are different roles.

"Deputy Ruler" is a symbolic position, without executive attributions, given to someone with similar importance to a Crown Prince, but who does not participate in the line of succession.

The "Ruler's Representative" in Al Dhafrah and Al Ain are the governors of the western and eastern regions respectively.

The "Ruler's Representative" (I think only Saeed bin Zayed currently has that role) is a totally symbolic role.

The term "Governor" is not used in either federal or emirate bodies.

Maybe it's not such a good decision to have only one son; Khalid has only one option for an heir, he is susceptible to several risks, his son may not want to rule, he may not be competent, he may have a temperament that is not compatible with that of a ruler...

Its a risky decision though...

I see another point; Probably he doesn’t want competition among his sons like his father went through. Not a constructive point, but can be.. :lol:

3- Saeed Bin Saif
7- Saeed Bin Mohamed Bin Saif

The girl could be Hessa, it's just strange that none of Sheikh Tahnoun's or Sheikh Mohamed bin Sultan's fan pages reposted the photo

I see another point; Probably he doesn’t want competition among his sons like his father went through. Not a constructive point, but can be.. :lol:

Competition ? I thought the heir would be firstborn son by default except in exceptional cases where he is incompetent or doesn't want to rule. was there really competition among MBZs sons for the CP ? I thought it was between Khaled, Tahnoun and Mansour.

Last edited:
"Deputy Ruler" is a symbolic position, without executive attributions, given to someone with similar importance to a Crown Prince, but who does not participate in the line of succession.

The "Ruler's Representative" in Al Dhafrah and Al Ain are the governors of the western and eastern regions respectively.

The "Ruler's Representative" (I think only Saeed bin Zayed currently has that role) is a totally symbolic role.

The term "Governor" is not used in either federal or emirate bodies.

Thanks you Imanmajed and Feiraguy. I still remember having seen the word Governor, may be a translation error.

OMG 30+ days straight without me being noisy in TRF. What's up everybody, anyone miss me? Hey I've heard that Sh. Khaled has became a crown prince, at this point why they can't just change their government to a kingdom instead? Since the title is inherited from generation to generation not because of election. Just like what happen in Malaysia (CMIIW) I know they have several kings with one persons who rule it all, but they also have their own prime minister outside royalty. Geez I'm noisy as hell ?

Competition ? I thought the heir would be firstborn son by default except in exceptional cases where he is incompetent or doesn't want to rule. was there really competition among MBZs sons for the CP ? I thought it was between Khaled, Tahnoun and Mansour.

Why not competition there? When a current ruler has many eligible sons who are expert as leaders, competition is real then. Among MBZ sons, its Khaled who has caliber to be a future ruler, if only elder sons are supposed to be a ruler, then MBZ, the 3rd son couldn't be CP then. Khalifa had his elder son there but its his half-brother who proved them enough to be in leading position. Eldest son may refuse to be ruler sometimes, thats why Mohammed bin Rashid could become the CP in mid 90s as his eldest nephew was not interested in politics. He is too satisfied with his 3rd son Hamdan, and that also brought Hamdan into limelight. Its all about current leader's choice and young one's capabilities.

From what I read Khalifa didn't have much of a choice to chose his successor as Sheik Zayed had appointed deputy crown prince himself. This was because MBZ had already proved himself worthy and his mother played a role as she was known as Zayed's fav wife and also Zayed's second son Sultan had substance abuse and also had a temper. Again this is what I read from different articles and from this thread too.

Coming to Dubai, there are many rumours why Rashid was not chosen and Fazza was. I feel Rashid all through his growing years must have thought he wud become CP and must have been heartbroken when he wasn't. I think somewhere this became a detrimental in his life and eventually his sad demise. I still feel Maktoum is more deserving to be heir than Fazza, but again birth order matters right ?

Coming to Dubai, there are many rumours why Rashid was not chosen and Fazza was.............
I still feel Maktoum is more deserving to be heir than Fazza, but again birth order matters right ?

Its their father who elected them as CP and deputy. I won't say its about birth orders only. If his father wanted Maktoum to be CP, he could go for that. Their age gap is only 1 year, isn't problematic at all. Bin Rashid was dissatisfied with Rashid for his personal things and didn’t want him at all.

What I meant was MRM was not happy with Rashid and he went for next available older son Fazza. At that point neither Fazza nor Maktoum had not proved their worth, they were may be in their early 20s. So Fazza was appointed CP as next available son in the birth order, not because he has proved his worth. This is my understanding. But again as you said father's decision stands superceded and unquestionable.

Well, this whole discussion is based on the assumption that he decided to have just one child, which I honestly don't believe

In several emirates (Abu Dhabi, RAK, UAQ and Fujairah) the current heir is the eldest son, I think this will be the "standard" succession type in the emirates

OMG 30+ days straight without me being noisy in TRF. What's up everybody, anyone miss me? Hey I've heard that Sh. Khaled has became a crown prince, at this point why they can't just change their government to a kingdom instead? Since the title is inherited from generation to generation not because of election. Just like what happen in Malaysia (CMIIW) I know they have several kings with one persons who rule it all, but they also have their own prime minister outside royalty. Geez I'm noisy as hell ?

The country is known all over the world as "Emirates", a name change would be terrible even commercially and touristically; imagine if the country overnight becomes "Kingdoms" :lol:

And well, Khalid was named Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, there is no election for that office, never, , the election is for President

But the name is apt right ? Emirates means place ruled by Emir. A federation of 7 independent Emirates. For that matter, which country in middle East is a democratic country ?

Can someone list the names of Zayed bin Sultan wives and the order he married them in?

Feiraguy/Puchu - please make above list. Also Sheikh Zayed has total of 18 sons or 19 sons ?

Sheikh Zayed married twice before Hassa. Those wives died/got divorced.
One of them was Alia bint Muhammad Salimin. She died soon after marriage.
Other one is unknown.

✪Zayed married Hassa bint Mohammed Al Nahyan in 30s, (10 years before Khalifa's birth)

✪Zayed married Fatima Al Muhairi and she is the mother of Salama (they got divorced)

✪Zayed married Shaikha Al Mashgouni in 50s and divorced her. (Umm Sultan)

✪Zayed married Mouza bint Suhail Al Khaili (Umm Saif) in 1959/60 and remained married.

✪Zayed married Fatima bint Mubarak Al Ketbi (Umm MBZ) in 1960/59 and remained married.

✪Zayed married Aisha bint Ali Al Darmaki (Umm Saeed) in early 60s and said to be divorced in late 70s.

✪Zayed married Amna bint Salah Al Darmaki (Umm Issa) in 1965 and divorced later.

In mid and late 60s, He had five wives and Amna was the 5th one. And Its uncertain if Fatima Mubarak got married to Zayed before Mouza Al Khaili.
These all are written based on the infos gathered in Political culture of Leadership book.

Last edited:
Also Sheikh Zayed has total of 18 sons or 19 sons ?

Zayed has 19 sons. One from Hassa Al Nahyan, one from Shaikha Al Mashgouni, two from Amna Al Darmaki, five from Mouza Al Khaili, six from Fatima Al Ketbi, four from Aisha Al Darmaki. 18 of them are married and Dhiyab is the unmarried one.

To be added, Zayed had 1 daughter from Fatima Al Muhairi, 1 from Amna, 2 from Al Ketbi, 2 from Mouza, 5 from Aisha. Total 11 daughters.

Feiraguy/Puchu - please make above list. Also Sheikh Zayed has total of 18 sons or 19 sons ?

Khalifa
Sultan
Mohamed
Hamdan
Hazza
Saeed
Issa
Nahyan
Saif
Nasser
Tahnoun
Ahmed
Mansour
Falah
Hamed
Dhiyab
Abdullah
Omar
Khalid

Thank you so much. Just out of curiosity, why was there need to divorce few wives ? Am sure there would be considerable age difference between Sheikh Zayed and the women he married in 60s.

I have nor heard of Dhiyab ? Is there any picture of him ? Does he attend MBZs majlis ?

Do you guys know who gave birth today or yesterday? I saw an instagram birth announcement on stories while I was at work now I can’t find it. I don’t rememembet who posted it. It was blue with the sea and sailing boats in blue. Have you seen it somewhere on instagram? Who are the parents and whats the babys name?

Back
Top Bottom