General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously?? Do they pre-arrange kids marriages for their own personal gains/agendas ? What is Khaled sons age, 10 may be ? What if they grow up and do not consent ?

I believe two marriages in a row involving Crown Princes and Surour's male lineage is too much for him. It is possible that the President and Crown Prince choose to prioritize political issues and want a marriage with the lineage of Tahnoun, Mansour or Hazza.

If Ahmed bin Tahnoun and Sheikha bint Surour had a girl, I would consider her one of the favorites for Mohamed, as it would involve Tahnoun bin Mohamed's male lineage.

The daughters of Shakhbout bin Nahyan (granddaughter of Hamdan bin Zayed and Nahyan bin Mubarak) and Khalifa bin Tahnoun (granddaughter of Hamdan bin Zayed and Tahnoun bin Mohamed) are also strong names.
Great analysis. Fatima bint Khalifa Tahnoun is preferable one between those two. There are Dhiyab's daughters too. We talked that before. Dhiyab's children will be benefited most. Moreover, bint Mansour is there. I see less possibility for Tahnoun's granddaughter but still a great option.

But I believe Al Nahyan parents give all *benefitial options* to their children and children decide whom to marry. This is justified when we see some "how this union happened" typed announcements.

Last edited:
Weddings in Abu Dhabi follow certain standards, such as the following:

1- Al Nahyan women generally marry Al Nahyan men (there are exceptions, but there are more cases of women who never married than women who married men from other families)

2- they prefer marriages between full first cousins ​​(the connection between the parents can be sister and brother, or sister and sister; connections between brother and brother are rarer)

3- parents usually have similar power and status; it is rare to see the Sheikh of a powerful lineage marry a girl from a marginalized lineage.

4- if the parents have political or economic interests, it is normal to use their children's marriage as an instrument to achieve what they want

I don't know how the matchmaking process happens; I imagine that there are couples who arrange the marriage of their children without giving them any authority; just as there must be couples who give their children the authority to give their opinion, but within a short list of candidates

How you will explain these marriages like khalid bin sultan's marriage with Al Kemzi, marriage to Al Mualla? Do you see any benefits within those? Btw isn't beneficial options are just for the children of Politically important persons? As we see not all bani mohamed sheikhs are not that influential like before. Does marrying to non-influential people bother them now? Options are being limited, MBZ had nine children, his heir has only 3. Not much people can gain great marriages like before. I wanna know your opinion

Great analysis. Fatima bint Khalifa Tahnoun is preferable one between those two. There are Dhiyab's daughters too. We talked that before. Dhiyab's children will be benefited most. Moreover, bint Mansour is there. I see less possibility for Tahnoun's granddaughter but still a great option.

But I believe Al Nahyan parents give all *benefitial options* to their children and children decide whom to marry. This is justified when we see some "how this union happened" typed announcements.

I remember we talked about this a few months ago, I came to the conclusion that the five strongest names would be the ones you mentioned (bint Mansour, bint Dhiyab, bint Mohamed bin Sultan, bint Khalifa bin Tahnoun, bint Shakhbout bin Nahyan). Perhaps bint Mohamed bin Surour would be ranked sixth on this list.

How you will explain these marriages like khalid bin sultan's marriage with Al Kemzi, marriage to Al Mualla? Do you see any benefits within those? Btw isn't beneficial options are just for the children of Politically important persons? As we see not all bani mohamed sheikhs are not that influential like before. Does marrying to non-influential people bother them now? Options are being limited, MBZ had nine children, his heir has only 3. Not much people can gain great marriages like before. I wanna know your opinion

Well, this marriage between Khalid and an Al Kemzi is an atypical situation due to Khalid's status within the family. I do not believe this marriage will bring any political advantage to Sultan bin Khalifa, but it is possible that it will bring business benefits.

Look, not all marriages bring political advantages to the parents, but some can bring benefits to the children. I remember a recent example, the marriage of Zayed bin Surour with the daughter of Sheikh Mohamed bin Hamdan... Mohamed certainly has no political pretensions, but he managed to marry his daughter to a Bani Fatima who will possibly assume public positions of power in the future; It is important to remember that the couple's children will be first cousins ​​of the Crown Prince's children, which could put them in positions of authority in ministries, departments, army, police, diplomacy...

I believe that the priority of these less important Sheikhs (like those of Bani Mohamed) is to marry their children with children of people with power (Bani Fatima, Saif, Hamed...), if they are not successful, "affinity" marriages (like those between full first cousins) become priority

From the perspective of the most important Sheikhs, I believe that the priority is to balance the family's interests by marrying their children to members of different lineages (not marginalizing anyone) and strengthening their political allies; and it sure is easier to do when you have nine kids than three

Mansour received the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395303149691

I talked about it the day after he was appointed Vice President; MBZ wanted to give Mansour the authority to speak directly to Heads of State and Government, and participate in events he does not wish to attend
It is likely that from now on we will see him receiving more Presidents, Prime Ministers, Crown Princes...

Hey, do you guys know more details about the family of Saeed bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed? Does he have more than one wife or is he married only to the daughter of Mubarak bin Mohammed?
From this thread I know about his daughter Shamma married to the descendant of Sheikh Zayed and another one married into the Al Mualla family.. then theres Hamdan. But queenress on Instagram posted a photo of Sheikh Essa bin Saeed bin Tahnoun. Does Sheikh Saeed have more sons or is Essa from a different wife?

Last edited:
As far as I remember he has Hamdan, Tahnoun, Issa, Mohamed and Nahyan, and he had Zayed who died in 2005. Of the girls I only know about Ahmed bin Nasser bin Zayed's wife and Marwan bin Rashid Al Mualla's wife.

I cannot say precisely whether Sheikh Mubarak's daughter is the mother of all these children.

I remember that months ago we discussed the family of Sheikh Mohamed bin Saif bin Mohamed, today his sister, Sheikha bint Saif, published the photo of his son Saeed bin Mohamed bin Saif

That is, now we know that he is married and has children (we did not have this information), but with a non-Al Nahyan wife

of Saif's sons from his first marriage, we just don't have information about the eldest, Ahmed
Ahmed (no information)
Saeed (married to the daughter of Ahmed bin Mubarak)
Khalifa (married to the daughter of Khalifa bin Zayed)
Dhiyab (married to the daughter of Nahyan bin Mubarak)
Mohamed (non Al Nahyan wife)
Nahyan (married to the daughter of Mohamed bin Zayed)

Feiraguy - I have to ask this question. How do you remember everyone and their spouses and kids on your finger tips. There are so so many people in the Al Nahyan family, but you seem to have info about most of them. Even if we consider Bani Fatima sons and daughters, 8 children of Fatima and their spouses and each one has minimum of 6-7 kids and their kids spouses .. the number increases exponentially.. how do you even remember all of them ?

Mansour received the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan

https://www.wam.ae/en/details/1395303149691

I talked about it the day after he was appointed Vice President; MBZ wanted to give Mansour the authority to speak directly to Heads of State and Government, and participate in events he does not wish to attend
It is likely that from now on we will see him receiving more Presidents, Prime Ministers, Crown Princes...

Yep, you are right. We will see Mansour handling diplomatic visits more from now.. I just observed one thing, not even worth mentioning, still... Tahnoun's son always wears a mask when in public. Yday in the Eid prayers video he was sitting next to that Sultan's son, but was wearing a mask. Wearing mask is good thing, but it felt bit odd that he was the only one wearing. Same he did once when he was with other bin Mansour, bin Abdullah kids. Is it just normal or he would have been told not to be seen publicly much ? And is there any significance of the color of head scarf in Arab world ? Everyone wears white, but only Tahnoun wears a different color one. The same mostly worn in Saudi Arabia. Just curious to understand.

I am not sure if you are talking this based on their looks. To me, Hazza is the most handsome one among all bin Zayeds. He is approaching to 60s but still looks good.

Is any al nahyan woman married to Faisal bin Mohammed Al Mualla?

True, Hazza looks young for his age. For that matter even Abdullah looks young for this age 50. He looks like 35 year something. I have seen MBZs pics from this childhood to teenage to youth to now and I think he is more handsome all through and even now for his age. Saif looks handsome too for his age and Mansour looks bit old than his age, but he has the most beautiful smile.

Feiraguy - I have to ask this question. How do you remember everyone and their spouses and kids on your finger tips. There are so so many people in the Al Nahyan family, but you seem to have info about most of them. Even if we consider Bani Fatima sons and daughters, 8 children of Fatima and their spouses and each one has minimum of 6-7 kids and their kids spouses .. the number increases exponentially.. how do you even remember all of them ?

I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's because I've been following it for a long time

Yep, you are right. We will see Mansour handling diplomatic visits more from now.. I just observed one thing, not even worth mentioning, still... Tahnoun's son always wears a mask when in public. Yday in the Eid prayers video he was sitting next to that Sultan's son, but was wearing a mask. Wearing mask is good thing, but it felt bit odd that he was the only one wearing. Same he did once when he was with other bin Mansour, bin Abdullah kids. Is it just normal or he would have been told not to be seen publicly much ? And is there any significance of the color of head scarf in Arab world ? Everyone wears white, but only Tahnoun wears a different color one. The same mostly worn in Saudi Arabia. Just curious to understand.

I noticed that he was the only one wearing a mask at Zayed bin Surour's wedding. We can't be sure, the most we can do is speculate... maybe it's a health issue, which obliges him to protect himself, maybe it's an orientation from his mother... but I'm glad to see him getting public exposure and not being excluded or hidden in some way. If Tahnoun manages to marry him to one of Sheikh Mohamed's granddaughters (especially to one of the Crown Prince's daughters), we'll see the spotlight on him for a long time

About the meanings of the head scarf, I can't explain you exactly, probably Imanmajed and Puchu have better answers to give you

True, Hazza looks young for his age. For that matter even Abdullah looks young for this age 50. He looks like 35 year something. I have seen MBZs pics from this childhood to teenage to youth to now and I think he is more handsome all through and even now for his age. Saif looks handsome too for his age and Mansour looks bit old than his age, but he has the most beautiful smile.

It's not about beauty, but I really like Tahnoun's style; the beard style + sunglasses on every occasion + red scarf make him stand out easily

But I want to highlight this beautiful photo of the President with his 16 grandchildren

I believe this was the first public exhibition of Sheikh Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrTnibsJ1lT/

I think this is a sort of tradition to have pics with all the grandchildren on special occasions. Yeah, all the kids are cute and happy. Mohamed bin Rashid does the same. I usually see Emirates news agency videos on YouTube and in the Eid prayers video, the way Tahnoun hugged Abdullah was very beautiful and heartfelt though it was shown for a second. Moments like this make them human inspite of their enormous riches and power.

Previously, we didn’t know about Fatima bint Mohammad bin Suroor. She is almost 2/1 years younger than bin khaled. Don’t you think she is also in the priority list?

What is your view on Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun?

Would Fatima bint Mansour be the top suitor on his list?

And is there any significance of the color of head scarf in Arab world ? Everyone wears white, but only Tahnoun wears a different color one. The same mostly worn in Saudi Arabia. Just curious to understand.

There is no significance of the colour of the head scarf in UAE. People wear what they personally like or what suits their wardrobe and the weather conditions. In the summer months, white is worn more often because it is more comfortable (the fabric is thinner).

What is your view on Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun?

Would Fatima bint Mansour be the top suitor on his list?
Yes I think she is the top suitor for him after Shamma bint Khaled. To me, he is really compatible for Shamma. Also, he has less number of first cousins of his age, most of them are 8/9 years younger than him.

The list goes on....

*may be Fatima bint Mansour (really strongest name, Mansour is close to Zayed's sister, now he is a VP, a granddaughter of bin Rashid and Manal is also some kind of influential and same bani Fatima)
*Shamma bint Khaled
*Dhiyab's eldest daughter/lateefa bint mansour
*a year older Hamda bint Mohamed Khalifa (Salama bint Tahnoun's daughter)
*Hamda bint Hazza bin Tahnoun
*Hessa bint Dhiyab bin Tahnoun
*Shaikha bint Dhiyab bin Saif

There are more names specially from Bani Mouza and Bani Aisha, but they aren't compatible with him.
What do you think about Mouza bint Saif/Hamed for him?

Last edited:
And is there any significance of the color of head scarf in Arab world ? Everyone wears white, but only Tahnoun wears a different color one. The same mostly worn in Saudi Arabia. Just curious to understand.

You will find here MBZ and Hamdan bin Zayed wearing red one. MBZ used to look so good in his 20s and 30s, there are 2 pics of him from his late 20s.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiKXjwqhHyr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Ammar bin Humaid, CP of Ajman also wears red scarf regularly and white one is worn by uae, kuwaiti, qatari royals mostly. Ksa, bahraini and jordanian royals wear red one as well.

Last edited:
Yes I think she is the top suitor for him after Shamma bint Khaled. To me, he is really compatible for Shamma. Also, he has less number of first cousins of his age, most of them are 8/9 years younger than him.

The list goes on....

*may be Fatima bint Mansour (really strongest name, Mansour is close to Zayed's sister, now he is a VP, a granddaughter of bin Rashid and Manal is also some kind of influential and same bani Fatima)
*Shamma bint Khaled
*Dhiyab's eldest daughter/lateefa bint mansour
*a year older Hamda bint Mohamed Khalifa (Salama bint Tahnoun's daughter)
*Hamda bint Hazza bin Tahnoun
*Hessa bint Dhiyab bin Tahnoun
*Shaikha bint Dhiyab bin Saif

There are more names specially from Bani Mouza and Bani Aisha, but they aren't compatible with him.
What do you think about Mouza bint Saif/Hamed for him?

Great list! Are the ages of Mouza bint Saif and Tahnoun bin Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed compatible? Saif has to turn to his sisters' grandchildren and Mohamed bin Tahnoun's status as his possible successor in the Ministry of the Interior could facilitate this marriage.

About Zayed and Fatima, he seems to be the favorite on her list, and she seems the favorite on his list.

About Shama bint Khalid, her future husband will have all possible conditions to be one of the most powerful men in the family; as Khalid has only one son, he will also have to rely on his sons-in-law to establish his lineage. It is possible that Zayed is a suitor for the Crown Prince's daughter, as long as he shows leadership skills.

Last edited:
Great list! Are the ages of Mouza bint Saif and Tahnoun bin Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed compatible? Saif has to turn to his sisters' grandchildren and Mohamed bin Tahnoun's status as his possible successor in the Ministry of the Interior could facilitate this marriage.
I actually don’t know the age of bani Mouza/bani aisha's grandchildren. So, cannot assume candidates for them.
I am adding MBZ's grandkids age:
Mariam :Tahnoun-2011, Zayed-2014
Fatima: Mohamed- 2012, Saif-2014, Zayed- 2018
Dhiyab: Fatima-2014, Salama-2016, Zayed-2019

Shamsa's youngest daughter, Fatima is also from 2011. So, Tahnoun has two great option, Shamma and Fatima. Marrying Shamsa's daughter will be more beneficial than marrying Saif's daughter.

About Zayed and Latifa, he seems to be the favorite on her list, and she seems the favorite on his list.

Did you meant Fatima bint Mansour? Or really Latifa?

Last edited:
I actually don’t know the age of bani Mouza/bani aisha's grandchildren. So, cannot assume candidates for them.
I am adding MBZ's grandkids age:
Mariam :Tahnoun-2011, Zayed-2014
Fatima: Mohamed- 2012, Saif-2014, Zayed- 2018
Dhiyab: Fatima-2014, Salama-2016, Zayed-2019

Shamsa's youngest daughter, Fatima is also from 2011. So, Tahnoun has two great option, Shamma and Fatima. Marrying Shamsa's daughter will be more beneficial than marrying Saif's daughter.

Did you meant Fatima bint Mansour? Or really Latifa?

I was referring to Fatima bint Mansour, thanks

About Mouza bint Saif, this is a picture of her from 2012

https://www.albayan.ae/across-the-uae/education/2012-10-10-1.1744226

I believe she is three or four years older than Tahnoun, very difficult for this match to happen.

Mouza bint Hamed is also older than him. It is likely that both Saif and Hamed will have to look outside Bani Mouza to find their sons-in-law, perhaps Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad is on their list. But really, I'm sorry I spelled it wrong, I see Fatima bint Mansour as the favorite for Zayed

Feiraguy make Suitor list for Shamma. I think I should do one.
Here is mine..

Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad
Tahnoun bin Mohammed

Both boys are strongly compatible with Shamma and both are first cousins for her. Their fathers hold great positions. Probably Bu Zayed is favourite son in law of MBZ.

Other candidates are-
Mohammed bin Mansour
Zayed bin Tahnoun
Mohamed/ Zayed bin Abdullah

Not much strong names-
Mohamed bin Hazza
Zayed bin Hazza bin Tahnoun
Zayed bin Saif bin Zayed
Saeed bin Hamdan's sons
Zayed bin Sultan bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Nahyan bin Mubarak grandsons

It is likely that both Saif and Hamed will have to look outside Bani Mouza to find their sons-in-law, perhaps Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad is on their list.
............................I think some of their children will get married within bani Mouza. Dhiyab and Khalifa bin Tahnoun's daughters are great accessible options for them. Khaled and Omar have prominent father in law, another good side for them. Saif's daughter will have to marry outside of the family as all boys are younger than her. Saif want a great marriage, no doubt. Do you think Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa is suitable for her?

But really, I'm sorry I spelled it wrong, I see Fatima bint Mansour as the favorite for Zayed
Nothing wrong at all. No need to say more than once. ?

Last edited:
Feiraguy make Suitor list for Shamma. I think I should do one.
Here is mine..

Zayed bin Mohammed bin Hamad
Tahnoun bin Mohammed

Both boys are strongly compatible with Shamma and both are first cousins for her. Their fathers hold great positions. Probably Bu Zayed is favourite son in law of MBZ.

Other candidates are-
Mohammed bin Mansour
Zayed bin Tahnoun
Mohamed/ Zayed bin Abdullah

Not much strong names-
Mohamed bin Hazza
Zayed bin Hazza bin Tahnoun
Zayed bin Saif bin Zayed
Saeed bin Hamdan's sons
Nahyan bin Mubarak grandsons

11 names for you

Mohamed bin Hazza
Zayed bin Tahnoun
Mohamed bin Mansour
Mohamed bin Abdullah
Zayed bin Saif
Zayed bin Hamed
Tahnoun bin Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed
Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun
Nahyan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan
Tahnoun bin Sultan bin Hamdan

zero chances for the others

Mouza bint Saif has chance for Zayed bin Hamed. Zayed bin Ahmed is also there. Bani Mouza named their sons after Ahmed. I think some of their children will get married within bani Mouza. Dhiyab and Khalifa bin Tahnoun's daughters are great accessible options for them. Khaled and Omar have prominent father in law, another good side for them. Saif's daughter will have to marry outside of the family as all boys are younger than her. Saif want a great marriage, no doubt. Do you think Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa is suitable for her?

Nothing wrong at all. No need to say more than once. ?

Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa isn't this "great marriage", If he fails Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad, there are many other options within Bani Fatima (Rashid bin Hamdan, Mohamed bin Hazza, Zayed bin Tahnoun, Mohamed bin Mansour, Mohamed bin Abdullah).

11 names for you

Mohamed bin Hazza
Zayed bin Tahnoun
Mohamed bin Mansour
Mohamed bin Abdullah
Zayed bin Saif
Zayed bin Hamed
Tahnoun bin Mohamed bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed
Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun
Nahyan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan
Tahnoun bin Sultan bin Hamdan

zero chances for the others

Best one! I should add Hamdan bin Mansour. He is also same age as Shamma.

Khalifa bin Sultan bin Khalifa isn't this "great marriage", If he fails Zayed bin Mohamed bin Hamad, there are many other options within Bani Fatima (Rashid bin Hamdan, Mohamed bin Hazza, Zayed bin Tahnoun, Mohamed bin Mansour, Mohamed bin Abdullah).

What do you think about Fatima bint Abdullah for Khalifa? Both are grandchildren of Saif by their mothers. Do you think Abdullah will let it done? What about Saif bin Khalifa bin Saif for her? Or Mohammed/Zayed bin Hazza is the most preferable one for her for being same bani Fatima?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom