General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you think about Fatima bint Abdullah for Khalifa? Both are grandchildren of Saif by their mothers. Do you think Abdullah will let it done? What about Saif bin Khalifa bin Saif for her? Or Mohammed/Zayed bin Hazza is the most preferable one for her for being same bani Fatima?

Well, in Saif's male lineage there are three young good looking boys available: Saif bin Saeed bin Saif, Hamdan bin Saeed bin Saif and Saif bin Khalifa bin Saif, I see good chances for all three.
Khalifa has good chances with the daughters of Hamad bin Tahnoun and Mansour bin Tahnoun

Zayed bin Hazza is one of the options for Hessa bint Mohamed bin Hamad (she is definitely the most advantageous option for Hazza)

And we still have Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed, which for me is unpredictable, I can't even make a guess, there are several options with the same odds

Hi guys, I have a question about Sheikh Shakhbout bin Sultan. His first wife Sheikha Fakhra bint Hazza was his first cousin but which Hazza is her father?

And another one: his son Sheikh Saeed bin Shakhbout married his first cousin the daughter of Sheikh Zayed. Do you know if it was Salama bin Zayed? And did they have any children together?

Shakhbout bin Sultan bin Zayed and Fakhra bint Hazza bin Zayed were full first cousins (Sultan and Hazza were sons of Sheikh Zayed the Great and Sheikha Maryam Al Falahi)

Yes, it was Salama, but they had no children.

Serenei, the mother of Sheikha Fakhra bint Saeed (wife of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak) is Sobha bint Mohamed bin Jaber Al Khaili

she is from the same family as the mother of Saif, Ahmed, Hamed, Omar and Khalid bin Zayed, perhaps this somehow facilitated Omar and Khalid's marriage to Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak's daughters

I don't know if Sobha is the mother of Saeed bin Shakhbout's other children

I don't know if Sobha is the mother of Saeed bin Shakhbout's other children

An update on this subject:

Saeed bin Shakhbout had with Mahra bint Khalid bin Sultan: Tahnoun, Wadeema, Mozah and Alyazia.
- (this "Khalid bin Sultan", Mahra's father, is one of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan's older brothers)
- Mozah bint Saeed bin Shakhbout is one of the wives of Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout; Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout is married to one of Sheikh Zayed's daughters (Aisha's daughter), but not all of his children are hers; I still don't have information about Wadeema and Alyazia.

And with Sobha Al Khaili he had only Fakhra.

Do you know about the children of Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout and Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout? Didn't Tahnoun have only Sultan and Sultan had Khalifa only?

Do you know about the children of Tahnoun bin Saeed bin Shakhbout and Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout? Didn't Tahnoun have only Sultan and Sultan had Khalifa only?

Tahnoun had two children with Sheikh Zayed's daughter, Saeed and Salama.

Salama got married in 2014 to an Al Qassimi, Saeed is probably not married yet.

Tahnoun has other children by another woman (or women), including Shakhbout, who graduated from Sandhurst in the same class as Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed, Humaid bin Ammar and Khalid bin Sultan bin Khalifa.

Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout has more than a dozen sons, I remember Shakhbout, Sultan, Dhiyab, Hamdan, Zayed (married to the daughter of Sultan bin Khalifa), Khalid (married to the daughter of Hamad bin Tahnoun), Falah, Tahnoun, Mohamed, Hazza, Saeed... maybe I'm forgetting someone, or I just don't know. I have information about two of his wives: an Al Dhaheri and one of Saeed bin Shakhbout's daughters.
I have no information about daughters.

Tahnoun had two children with Sheikh Zayed's daughter, Saeed and Salama.

Salama got married in 2014 to an Al Qassimi, Saeed is probably not married yet.

Tahnoun has other children by another woman (or women), including Shakhbout, who graduated from Sandhurst in the same class as Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed, Humaid bin Ammar and Khalid bin Sultan bin Khalifa.

Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout has more than a dozen sons, I remember Shakhbout, Sultan, Dhiyab, Hamdan, Zayed (married to the daughter of Sultan bin Khalifa), Khalid (married to the daughter of Hamad bin Tahnoun), Falah, Tahnoun, Mohamed, Hazza, Saeed... maybe I'm forgetting someone, or I just don't know. I have information about two of his wives: an Al Dhaheri and one of Saeed bin Shakhbout's daughters.
I have no information about daughters.

Thank you so much for the information above! I am so pleased to hear that there are so many descendants of Sheikh Shakhbout.

I think Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout has a daughter named Salama (@salamakss).

I've been wondering... there are so many branches in the Al Nahyan family. Al Nahyan sheikhs have multiple wives and many children. Do you know how many members of the Al Nahyan family are there?

And another question: Who did Salama Tahnoon marry from the Al Qassimi family?

Last edited:

Salama married Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Khalid Al Qassimi. He is the brother in law of Latifa 1 (Al maktoum).

Someone said that Al Nahyan family consists of 1000 members. I am not accurate but Zayed Al Nahyan had upto 125-140 grandchildren even though only he fathered 30. Shakhbout branch has many members though they don't have any power.

Salama married Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Khalid Al Qassimi. He is the brother in law of Latifa 1 (Al maktoum).

Someone said that Al Nahyan family consists of 1000 members. I am not accurate but Zayed Al Nahyan had upto 125-140 grandchildren even though only he fathered 30. Shakhbout branch has many members though they don't have any power.

Just looking at this name Abdulaziz bin Saud, are they from Saudi Arabia ?

Is this Shamaqbc, Zayed bin Tahnoun bin Zayed's aunt?

https://instagram.com/shamaqbc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

yes! Tahnoun's second wife's family is very active on instagram

Someone said that Al Nahyan family consists of 1000 members. I am not accurate but Zayed Al Nahyan had upto 120-135 grandchildren even though only he fathered 30. Shakhbout branch has many members from his 3rd generation.

I believe Zayed the Great doesn't have 1000 living descendants yet, what do you think? Probably this number contains the pre-Zayed the Great Al Falahi

I will do this research in the future

Thank you so much for the information above! I am so pleased to hear that there are so many descendants of Sheikh Shakhbout.

I think Sheikh Khalifa bin Sultan bin Shakhbout has a daughter named Salama (@salamakss).

I've been wondering... there are so many branches in the Al Nahyan family. Al Nahyan sheikhs have multiple wives and many children. Do you know how many members of the Al Nahyan family are there?

Shakhbout branch has many members though they don't have any power.

It is impressive how poorly the Shakhbout branch marries compared to the Khalid branch.

Of the eight children of Mohamed bin Khalid who got married, three were with Sheikh Zayed's children, two with Hamdan bin Mohamed's children, two with Tahnoun bin Mohamed's children and one with the daughter of Sultan bin Zayed, fantastic.
The fact that he was married to a full sister of Sheikhs Hamdan, Mubarak and Tahnoun bin Mohamed certainly helped in this process.

As Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed is married to a great granddaughter of Shakhbout, the late Emir's blood is perpetuated among the most powerful men in the family, but his male lineage is completely excluded and nothing can change that.

Last edited:
It is impressive how poorly the Shakhbout branch marries compared to the Khalid branch.

Of the eight children of Mohamed bin Khalid who got married, three were with Sheikh Zayed's children, two with Hamdan bin Mohamed's children, two with Tahnoun bin Mohamed's children and one with the daughter of Sultan bin Zayed, fantastic.
The fact that he was married to a full sister of Sheikhs Hamdan, Mubarak and Tahnoun bin Mohamed certainly helped in this process.

As Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed is married to a great granddaughter of Shakhbout, the late Emir's blood is perpetuated among the most powerful men in the family, but his male lineage is completely excluded and nothing can change that.

Oh I didn’t know Fakhra bint Khalifa is a great granddaughter of Shakhbout. The family is so big its confusing. She is a descendant of Shakhbout through Shakhbout’s daughter?

Oh I didn’t know Fakhra bint Khalifa is a great granddaughter of Shakhbout. The family is so big its confusing. She is a descendant of Shakhbout through Shakhbout’s daughter?

Shakhbout is the father of Ousha bint Shakhbout, Ousha is the mother of Moza bint Mubarak bin Mohamed, Moza is the mother of Fakhra bint Khalifa bin Hamdan, Fakhra is the mother of Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed

Shakhbout is the father of Ousha bint Shakhbout, Ousha is the mother of Moza bint Mubarak bin Mohamed, Moza is the mother of Fakhra bint Khalifa bin Hamdan, Fakhra is the mother of Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed

Oh thank you! I thought Ousha and Mubarak had only one daughter Fakhra who married Saeed bin Tahnoon.

I believe Zayed the Great doesn't have 1000 living descendants yet, what do you think? Probably this number contains the pre-Zayed the Great Al Falahi
I will do this research in the future

Yes, I also think same. Moreover, Al Nahyans won't increase much as long as those who are from 80s having 2-3 kids in average. I feel that olds may outnumber young ones someday.
I found in forum that Al nahyan family has 1000 members, thats why I said someone said. After calculating Al Falahi, the total number will be more than 1000. Al Nahyan family consists of 500-800 members I think. What's your assumption?

Last edited:
Yes, I also think same. Moreover, Al Nahyans won't increase much as long as those who are from 80s having 2-3 kids in average. I feel that olds may outnumber young ones someday.
I found in forum that Al nahyan family has 1000 members, thats why I said someone said. After calculating Al Falahi, the total number will be more than 1000. Al Nahyan family consists of 500-800 members I think. What's your assumption?

Is the number not increasing got something to do with younger ones not practicing polygamy ? Or not having many kids like their parents did ? Can you tell me anyone born in 80s or later practicing polygamy ?

Is the number not increasing got something to do with younger ones not practicing polygamy ? Or not having many kids like their parents did ? Can you tell me anyone born in 80s or later practicing polygamy ?

Not for polygamy in my eyes. Just see, MBZ had 9 kids at Khaled's age. MBZ married once and Khaled also same. Khaled has 3, among three kids 2 are twins. His sisters also have 2-3 only. As you are saying about polygamy, Mansour and Tahnoun has two wives but they have 6 & 2 children respectively. So, its more about having less children.
Another fact is they marry late now a days comparing with older ones, age is a great factor for women for having babies.

I think from 80s, its Hazza bin Sultan bin Zayed who has 2 wives. Another one can be Khalid, a descendant of Shakhbout who has 2 wives. Not sure about his age but probably he is also from 80s.

Feiraguy can say much about 80s al nahyans who have multiple wives.

Last edited:
Is Maitha bint Ahmed bin Mubarak a granddaughter of Ousha and Mubarak bin Mohammed or is it just a similar name? Is her sister Hessa married to Hind bint Saeed's husband?

Last edited:
Not for polygamy in my eyes. Just see, MBZ had 9 kids at Khaled's age. MBZ married once and Khaled also same. Khaled has 3, among three kids 2 are twins. His sisters also have 2-3 only. As you are saying about polygamy, Mansour and Tahnoun has two wives but they have 6 & 2 children respectively. So, its more about having less children.
Another fact is they marry late now a days comparing with older ones, age is a great factor for women for having babies.

I think from 80s, its Hazza bin Sultan bin Zayed who has 2 wives. Another one can be Khalid, a descendant of Shakhbout who has 2 wives. Not sure about his age but probably he is also from 80s.

Okay. So we can say younger generations are bit modern, marrying little late than their parents and having less kids again as compared to their parents and ancestors. This is a trend in every country and that's why old people are more than young people. Some countries are on the verge of extinct ex. Japan.

Tahnoun is an enigma. I think he married only to have a son and once he had son, he didn't pursue that relationship. He definitely could have had more kids. Am just speculating, obviously don't know the truth. I saw this insta account of his daughter, again seems genuine not sure if it's hers or not. She not even once acknowledges her half brother ZTZ. Since she is a single child and again it's normal for half siblings to be close, it felt little strange she never even acknowledged her brother.

https://instagram.com/fatmabint_t?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Maybe the number is between 500 and 600, how many branches are there more than 100 members in the male lineage?

Zayed branch (yes)
Mohamed branch (yes)
Shakhbout branch (no)
Khalid branch (no)
Hamdan branch (no)
Saqr branch (probably not)
Descendants of the daughters of Zayed the Great (no idea)

Hamdan bin Saeed bin Tahnoun has an Al Dhaheri wife

I don't remember other example

For all the reasons Puchu listed, but I believe the decline in polygamy is also a factor.

Is Maitha bint Ahmed bin Mubarak a granddaughter of Ousha and Mubarak bin Mohammed or is it just a similar name? Is her sister Hessa married to Hind bint Saeed's husband?

All the children of Ahmed bin Mubarak, Nahyan bin Mubarak, Hamdan bin Mubarak and Khalifa bin Hamdan are grandchildren of Mubarak and Ousha.

Saeed bin Tahnoun is married to one of Mubarak and Ousha's daughters, but we're not sure if all of his children are hers.

As far as I know, Ahmed bin Mubarak (and his wife Moza bint Hamdan) have three married daughters: one with Saeed bin Saif, one with Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Hamdan and another with Ahmed bin Dalmouk Al Maktoum

it's normal for half siblings to be close

there are families where the half-siblings seem close (Sheikh Zayed's children, for example), and others where they don't seem close (Sultan bin Khalifa's children, for example)

there is no standard about it

it is very likely that Fatima's relationship with her half-brother is heavily influenced by Khawla

Last edited:
Tahnoun is an enigma. I think he married only to have a son and once he had son, he didn't pursue that relationship. He definitely could have had more kids. Am just speculating, obviously don't know the truth. I saw this insta account of his daughter, again seems genuine not sure if it's hers or not. She not even once acknowledges her half brother ZTZ. Since she is a single child and again it's normal for half siblings to be close, it felt little strange she never even acknowledged her brother.

https://instagram.com/fatmabint_t?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not only about Fatima bint Tahnoun, I have seen the same case with Sultan bin Khalifa's children. Mohammed attends program with half-brothers, but doesn't follow them in ig. I saw the same with Ahmed bin Tahnoun, he doesn't follow half-siblings in IG, although not all brothers are same. Some of Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohammed's sons do same. I never saw Sultan with his son Mohammed, though he is always seen with his other paternal uncles. Shamsa and Tahnoun follow him and vice versa. Others don't follow him and same he is. Btw I saw him with Mubarak in national days. Among half-siblings of Al Nahyans, I see cordial relationships within Falah bin Zayed, some of Tahnoun bin Mohamed's children, Hamdan bin Zayed and Mansour bin Zayed's children. There are some more, but I can't recall all. Half-brothers of MBZ also show cordiality, but isn't it for his reputation or not? Bani Fatima's men show closeness to Bani Aisha, I think they love that part for some reasons.

Last edited:
As far as I know, Ahmed bin Mubarak (and his wife Moza bint Hamdan) have three married daughters: one with Saeed bin Saif, one with Mohamed bin Khalifa bin Hamdan and another with Ahmed bin Dalmouk Al Maktoum

Can you say specifically about Maitha? She is never said as wife of ******. Is she unmarried?

For all the reasons Puchu listed, but I believe the decline in polygamy is also a factor.
This is really visible when someone has atleast 15 kids. In general gulf royal woman used to have 8-10 children. Few could go for 12 upmost. Its rarely impossible to have 20 children without multiple women. Most of the Bani Mohamed men had 2 wives and all of them produced kids, between all wives, the first one gave birth most. So declining polygamy is a reason. As you said about Tahnoun to have boy, he stopped having kids I feel the same case with Khaled. After having a boy, he also stopped and not sure if Dhiyab is also following same. I won't blame Tahnoun fully. I think there are some issues too..

Last edited:
This is really visible when someone has atleast 15 kids. In general gulf royal woman used to have 8-10 children. Few could go for 12 upmost. Its rarely impossible to have 20 children without multiple women. Most of the Bani Mohamed men had 2 wives and all of them produced kids, between all wives, the first one gave birth most. So declining polygamy is a reason. As you said about Tahnoun to have boy, he stopped having kids I feel the same case with Khaled. After having a boy, he also stopped and not sure if Dhiyab is also following same. I won't blame Tahnoun fully. I think there are some issues too..

Just curious, what issues Tahnoun has ?

All the children of Ahmed bin Mubarak, Nahyan bin Mubarak, Hamdan bin Mubarak and Khalifa bin Hamdan are grandchildren of Mubarak and Ousha.

Saeed bin Tahnoun is married to one of Mubarak and Ousha's daughters, but we're not sure if all of his children are hers.

there are families where the half-siblings seem close (Sheikh Zayed's children, for example), and others where they don't seem close (Sultan bin Khalifa's children, for example)

there is no standard about it

it is very likely that Fatima's relationship with her half-brother is heavily influenced by Khawla

In cases where someone fathers children from more than one wife, its his responsibility to ensure that kids get along and have cordial relations. So when the father is not there, they still remain family. Not sure about this Sultan, haven't followed him much.

In this case Mohamed bin Rashid seemingly has done good job. All his kids get along and esp. daughters(most of them) show PDA all over insta.

Bani Aisha means Saif bin Zayed's mother ?

Back
Top Bottom