Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 - June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The color of Crown Prince Frederik's suit jacket goes very well with the pants.
Does Frederik have a valet?

That is a very nice attire. :cool::cool::cool:
The only thing missing is a lapel pin.

It's so rare to see a watch on a chain, but it really makes a difference, eh?
And the walking stick. I'm in awe.
He da man!

I suppose it counts as a walking stick, but the umbrella part may be of more practical use...
I don't know if it's an actual watch with the chain, since he's wearing a wristwatch. Aren't those things like charm bracelets for men? :flowers:
And he'll sing "Get Me To The Church On Time" if you give him a tenner, I'm sure. ;) He is definitely da man.

Seriously, since it is the flipping BP Garden Party, one does expect to see the royal men well-attired, but I think DE is just extra good at this.

Morning suit is always nice but the hats~ (the real deal silk ones are worth a fortune because they are so hard to manufacture now). :heart2:
And then he has perfect tailoring.
But I think he wins because he uses his impresario tastes to be very good at the color/pattern thing and the result is... classy. Don't you think?

His clothes-picky grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather are proud of him, I'm sure. (And his legendary dad, of course, who gave him the genes from the other side.)

Last edited:
An umbrella. I see - or rather I didn't see. :ohmy:

But that doesn't detract anything. A stylish umbrella is a must for a well attired gentleman out in the open. So he still gets :cool::cool::cool:

As for watches. Don't ever wear wrist watches myself. Not with a mobile at hand.
But I sure would wear a pocket watch given half the chance.

Last edited:
That is a very nice attire. :cool::cool::cool:
The only thing missing is a lapel pin.

It's so rare to see a watch on a chain, but it really makes a difference, eh?
And the walking stick. I'm in awe.
He da man!

That's Edward for you. I dare say to claim he is the most fashionable British royal man (beating his brother).

(...)

And throwback Edward because he won last year, too, and should clearly just wear morning suit every day. It works... :flowers:

Morning jacket with trews, please. I know he can pull it off!

Exhibit A: Prince Edward in trews.
(And look at those shoes!)

Last edited:
Can we hope? Dare we hope that Edward will go even further and go side by side with PH?

Isn't it enough to ride the fashion streetcar to dapper and stylish and get off before one reaches punchline...? :ermm:

Last edited:
Hmm... Not sure I understand what you mean.

What I really miss is a royal who dare dress a little outrageous.

Considering that so many British take a delight in dressing way beyond the point of duty, I say: Go for the limit, Edward. And go beyond. ?

Hmm... Not sure I understand what you mean.

What I really miss is a royal who dare dress a little outrageous.

Considering that so many British take a delight in dressing way beyond the point of duty, I say: Go for the limit, Edward. And go beyond. ?

Well, I would say based on last year's picture, DE is wearing the same tie pin (his tie bends the same way, and he is wearing the same watch chain and... accessory-thingy). So that should complete your list for the moment and earn him the rare, coveted 4th :cool:.

Oh Muhler! Spats as well? !!

Naturally. And of course a net for the beard/mustache at night. :cool:

Frederik in a 3 piece suit for the coronation reception in the UK
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvYGhZTXsAUp9TQ?format=jpg&name=large
lovely tie

Frederik should wear vests more - all men should wear vests. It looks so much better than the tie sticking out in all sorts of unholy places.
But Frederik, where is the handkerchief? The lapel pin?

So, other than the members of the British Royal Family who were wearing order robes, who was the standout at today's coronation service?

My vote goes to King Felipe VI, who was wearing the most impressive set of orders/ decorations I have probably seen in my lifetime. I wish I could have taken a closer look at King Carl Gustaf too.

And sorry, but shame on King Abdullah for showing up in a business suit.

King Felipe really brought it today with his orders, so did
King Carl-Gustav; but CP Frederik's uniform is so much prettier. :wub:
I'm proud of CP Haakon Magnus, he wore decent shoes today, yay!

I don't know what the hell is wrong with King Abdullah, he really showed up in the plainest suit he has. He did the same for his daughter's wedding, he makes NO effort, and the contrast with his wife's over-the-top style is jarring.

Last edited:
I like the fact that James, Earl of Wessex had a top hat.

A delightful sight. A bit uniform of course, but still. All the details are there, as they should.

However, I'm a little perplexed as to why the Duke of Gloucester perched his hat on top of his head, rather than on his head. :ohmy:

Prince Vincent was, as usual, the best dressed little gentleman. I'm biased against linen suits by general rule, and Christian's suit was wrinkled, but I like the colour and style very much.

He's a big boy, tailors will be his best friends.

Great heavens . . . Frederik and Joachim will have to look to their laurels as their sons' sartorial splendour dimmed their fathers' so to speak.

Really loved the touch of whimsy with the red socks. :D

I thought Frederik was best dressed, what does not happen too often ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom