Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 - June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmm... It's a white shirt. A white shirt with a logo and no doubt insanely expensive, but it is still a white shirt. A bland white shirt.

I'm a rural Jutlander and as such I was born with a very close and clingy relationship with my money. This is something that goes against my very DNA, even if I should win the lottery.

Hmmm... It's a white shirt. A white shirt with a logo and no doubt insanely expensive, but it is still a white shirt. A bland white shirt.

I'm a rural Jutlander and as such I was born with a very close and clingy relationship with my money. This is something that goes against my very DNA, even if I should win the lottery.

People have talked about Harry's determinedly "normcore" (lack of) style. It's a cousin to William's country vicar look.

At least William's country vicar outfits are entertaining - I miss them actually. ?

I have been informed by PM that Harry's shirt is 1.000 $.

It took a while for me to recover from the shock. There is no way in this world I would dream about paying 1.000 $ for a boring white shirt, with a logo.
My fellow Jutlanders would roll me in tar and feathers, stick a one-way ticket on my forehead and load me on the next ferry to Copenhagen. I would never be allowed back. :ermm:

At least William's country vicar outfits are entertaining - I miss them actually. ?

I have been informed by PM that Harry's shirt is 1.000 $.

It took a while for me to recover from the shock. There is no way in this world I would dream about paying 1.000 $ for a boring white shirt, with a logo.
My fellow Jutlanders would roll me in tar and feathers, stick a one-way ticket on my forehead and load me on the next ferry to Copenhagen. I would never be allowed back. :ermm:

I'm sure Harry doesn't have to pay retail, given he's no longer a working royal in the fold and Dior dresses his wife, if that makes you feel any better.

I'm sure that's not enough to get him un-debarred from Jutland, though.

I'm sure Harry doesn't have to pay retail, given he's no longer a working royal in the fold and Dior dresses his wife, if that makes you feel any better.

I'm sure that's not enough to get him un-debarred from Jutland, though.

It sure wouldn't! :lol:

1.000 $ that's four halve pigs, quartered and ready for the freezer!! :eek:
In Jutland we have two currencies: DKK and halve pigs, there is no vat on pigs in these here parts... :D

I wouldn't dare show myself in broad daylight in such a shirt.
Anyway, at that price couldn't he get something more festive. How about some colors? Pattern? Ruffled lace at the cuffs and up and down the front?
It doesn't exactly help that he is wearing a tie so boring he could get five of them for 20 DKK at Hjallerup fair. - Before hackling!

:previous: Prince Harry's shirt could have a pattern of two alternating colored stripes. His collar could be the color of one of the stripes.

That coat is very old, but it's beautifully preserved and obviously made out of the finest fabric.

And the cut/style are timeless.;)

It helps to pay people to keep your clothes in the finest shape, obviously.

Interesting that HM has had it for at least the past 25-30 years. Strangely enough, I think I like the coat better on Charles.

I'm traumatized by CP Haakon Magnus. Traumatized I tell you. A Crown Prince can not go out with shoes like that, the man can afford a pair of Corthay, Lobb, Aubercy, Berluti...Ok, a pair of Emlings because he's not a man of taste.

__
In happier fashion news:

19 year old Prince Gabriël has already learned that a double-breasted suit is the way to go (Mr. Muhler would be proud of the younger generation :D). Tailoring to be mastered as the boy is 1.94m at least and will keep on growing.

Both King and Prince were rocking cute colorful ties.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...uiana-space-centre-with-news-photo/1251588793

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...uiana-space-centre-with-news-photo/1251589163

Last edited:

They are horrific! I genuinely think these are among the worst pair of shoes, he has ever worn!
He is doing a Lieutenant Columbo. Let's hope Haakon never visits a homeless shelter, otherwise this might happen. Do watch the whole clip:
RIP Peter Falk, forever asking just one more question at the Big Murder Scene in the sky.

I'm traumatized by CP Haakon Magnus. Traumatized I tell you.

19 year old Prince Gabriël has already learned that a two-piece suit is the way to go. Tailoring to be mastered as the boy is 1.94m at least and will keep on growing.

Both King and Prince were rocking pretty colorful ties.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...uiana-space-centre-with-news-photo/1251588793

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...uiana-space-centre-with-news-photo/1251589163

Now, that's a lot better! :cool:
The ties are a little pale, but festive, merry and a reasonable contrast to the shirts and suits.
But Gabriël, a handkerchief in your pocket, not your glasses. Glasses belong in a closed pocket and in a case, otherwise you will soon regret it. :D

Last edited:
I understand Gabriel is doing military service but that haircut is hideous, does a nice-looking young guy no favors, and will hopefully be grown out soon.

Fashion from the Danish men on the Queen's birthday.

https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.com/index/G0000wkOyII9LpCQ/I0000UvUK2oFMDVY

-CP Frederik looking good in a 3 piece suit. I don't like the tie, though.

-Nikolai nearly slays the fashion game in a pretty wool suit (earthy tones look GREAT on him). The tie ruined it for me.

-Vincent looking as dashing as ever. What an elegant little man.

Little Henrik seems to have inherited Prince Henrik's Gallic sense of fashion, whereas Christian and Felix are yet to find theirs.

Last edited:
Yep. If you don't wanna wear a double-breasted suit, wear a three-piece. You can hardly do wrong that way.
Frederik's tie was nice. A good contrast without being flashy. :cool:

Without mentioning any names, like William and Daniel, one can actually wear other ties than black or blue. If one only dare take the leap.

Frederik wasn't that well in color-matching. The rest of his family was in the greens and blues and his tie was red?! At least Joachim made sure that his tie matched his wife's pink outfit.

Nikolai must have thought no one would see him from the waist down. Those wrinkled pants are a big no. :sad:

Joachim looks pretty good but I feel like the gorge (is that the word?)— the place where his jacket buttons needs to be a scooch lower.

Last edited:
Are they linen pants? I do think linen creases so easily, especially if you’ve been sitting down. Practically one look does it sometimes! I love that colour on Nikolai though. Quite unusual and it suits him, pun intended!

It's April in Denmark; his sister is wearing a turtleneck and sweater. Probably still a bit cool for linen weather. On top of that, Nikolai is a model and might have picked up that linen creases horribly and is not the best choice for a photo event. (Or he certainly knows that now.)

I think he's just a young guy who doesn't know how to iron.

Are they linen pants? I do think linen creases so easily, especially if you’ve been sitting down. Practically one look does it sometimes! I love that colour on Nikolai though. Quite unusual and it suits him, pun intended!

I think they are just a paiur of cotton chinos, and not linen. Those chinos do not loiok like they have been ironed for some time!

Stacked style streetwear pants

Those may be wrinkled pants….or they may be “stacked” pants which many young men are sporting now. The stacked pants appear to have creases sewn in (or created by drawstrings). Some guys wear them with tee shirts, flannel shirts, etc. And some apparently wear them with blazers for a dressy look. So Nikolai may be stylish, or he may be sloppy.

Dear Friends of my favorite thread of the RF.
Have a look to the Civil Wedding of Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg.
A disaster , the Groom a communer was he best dressed . The Grand Ducal Royal Men had all to narrow Jackets and too long pants......

King Felipe always looks so smartly dressed even when he is in casual mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom