Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Sophie-Alexandra with Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn at the Opening Ceremony of the 73rd Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany, on Sunday June 30.

Luitpold, Prince of Bavaria, Ludwig, Prince of Bavaria, and Sophie-Alexandra, Princess of Bavaria attended the celebrations for the 500th anniversary of the Royal Privileged Fire Shooting Society Schongau on June 22 and 23:

On June 29 Wolfgang, Prince of Bavaria, attended the "Living Donau" award ceremony of the Nature Heritage Foundation at Grünau Castle:

Franz, Duke of Bavaria with Thomas Greinswald attended the Gärtnerplatz Open Air in Munich yesterday, July 21:

** Pic ** gallery **

Franz, Duke of Bavaria and his partner Thomas Greinswald have given an interview to this week's issue of German magazine Stern.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The online version is behind a paywall, but Franz, Duke of Bavaria, said among other things:

"I still think that it was the right thing to do to remain discreet all these years in order to avoid any polarization. But now the time was ripe" and

"I would say that tolerance is not enough, we want things to be taken for granted. Without actually approving of it, we tolerate the way others live because we are tolerant".

Great news and a lovely tribute to the last Crown Prince.

And a creative use of the Bavarian flag in the card!

Good that you discovered the Bavarian flag, I might have missed it, nice idea! Finally a boy was born, after all those other noble and royal ladies had girls (Alexandra of Lux, Ekaterina of Hanover, Alessandra of Hanover, Marie Ducruet, Rawja of Jordan) Did I forget someone?

Good that you discovered the Bavarian flag, I might have missed it, nice idea! Finally a boy was born, after all those other noble and royal ladies had girls (Alexandra of Lux, Ekaterina of Hanover, Alessandra of Hanover, Marie Ducruet, Rawja of Jordan) Did I forget someone?
Marie of Schwarzenberg also had a boy

Franz, Duke of Bavaria and his partner Thomas Greinswald attended the premiere of Parsifal and opening of the annual Bayreuth Festival 2024 (Richard-Wagner-Festspiele) yesterday, July 25:

** Pic **
I just searched about them and read "the 91-year-old Duke of Bavaria, Franz, has been in a long-term relationship with Thomas Greinwald for over 40 years..."

Wow. His ancestor King Ludwig II went through hell and back for his lifestyle, if he's looking down on Franz, he would be happy he can openly live as he chooses and not be afraid of their family rejecting his partner.

Also read this Franz von Bayern - Wikipedia
"...Franz was 11 at the time. He spent time in several Nazi concentration camps, including Sachsenhausen, then Flossenbürg and finally Dachau."

Last edited:
Congratulations to parents and grandparents!

Welcome to the world, Prince Rupprecht!

PS. Maybe I haven't read properly, but wasn't he due to be born in late summer (e.g. September) Isn't he premature?

Wow. His ancestor King Ludwig II went through hell and back for his lifestyle, if he's looking down on Franz, he would be happy he can openly live as he chooses and not be afraid of their family rejecting his partner.
Not his ancestor as Ludwig II. had no Issue. The cousin of Franz's great-grandfather.

i like the fact that Prince Rupprecht was named after Crown Prince Rupprecht.
The happiest days are when a baby is born!

👩‍🍼👩‍🍼👩‍🍼👩‍🍼👩‍🍼👩‍🍼👨‍🍼👨‍🍼👨‍🍼👨‍🍼👨‍🍼👨‍🍼

Ludwig, Prince of Bavaria, participated in the traditional Löwenmarsch from Kaltenbrunn Palace to Palace Hohenschwangau on August 31, and made a sweet comment concerning his little family: "The last five times I've run the 100 kilometers - this year I'm doing the beginning and the end and skipping a section in the middle (..) As a new father with a newborn, I can't risk missing a few days if I get injured, for example."

Luitpold, Prince of Bavaria and Marcello, Prince of Bavaria attended as well.

** gallery **

Back
Top Bottom