Greek Royal Family current events & pictures 2: February 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Anna-Maria and Prince Nikolaos at the Pallas Theatre today, attending the premiere of the documentary "150 years Grande Bretagne: History within history".

The Queen is using a cane

Queen Anna Maria has had problems with one of her knees since 2022. She has been alternating the use of the cane ever since. Last week, she and Prince Nikolaos were at the funeral of a friend, Father Patrikios Kaleodis, she also used the cane.

Queen Anna Maria and Tatiana Blatnik went together, to receive the Olympic flame, in Athens.
Queen Anna Maria was invited, obviously, because King Constantine was a member of the Greek Olympic Committee, highly appreciated as shown by the fact that at all the events celebrated for the death of the King, including in Windsor, the highest representatives of the Greek Olympic Committee were present.

In the statement about Nikolaos' separation, it says that the Family will continue to help or be close to Tatiana, and I think this shows that this will happen.

Tatiana has always seemed to have a very close relationship with her in laws so it is lovely to see the two women out together.

:previous:I agree, Tatiana has always shown her love and respect for her in-laws, and that doesn't have to change.(y)

The Royal Family celebrating the Resurrection, in Greece.
The Crown Prince Pavlos published these photos. We can see in the photo : : Matthew Kumar, Princess Theodora, Princess Marie Chantal, Prince Aristides, Prince Pavlos, Queen Anne Marie, Prince Filippos and Princess Nina, and Prince Nikolaos. Outside the temple as established in tradition and after receiving the Holy light

@pavlosgreece instagram

Prince Nikolaos, Princess Maria-Olympia and Prince Achileas-Andreas with girlfriend attended the opening night premiere of "Diane Von Furstenberg: Woman In Charge" during the 2024 Tribeca Festival in New York City yesterday, June 5:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

HUGE news if true.
From Andreas Mego's Instagram:

"News that, if verified, will right a 30-year injustice against the Greek Royal Family 📰🗞️In yesterday's edition of the Greek newspaper "Apogevmatini tis Kyriakis", the lead article states: "The Greek government is likely to face a historic decision in the immediate future. Institutional procedures have already been initiated by members of the royal family to regain Greek citizenship, which they lost under a law passed by the government of Andreas Papandreou in 1994. This wish has been expressed more recently, but also through institutional action, by both the wife of the late King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie, and above all by his two sons, Princes Pavlos and Nikolaos, who have shown a particular interest in getting the relevant procedures underway".- The issue of the citizenship of the Greek Royal Family is a front with many legal parameters. Like many Greeks, I hope that the way will finally be paved for the repeal of Law 2215/1994, which is still in force today.I am sure that the Royal Family will soon be vindicated. They are Hellenes!"

The process that Pavlos has initiated in the Greek administration is to change the structure of the Anna Maria Foundation.
He has not initiated any administrative process to acquire the nationality established in the 1994 Law. That Law is terrible, that law turns the Royal family into foreigners.
Constantine did not do it in 30 years and neither will his son.
Pavlos is not going to say publicly that he refuses to defend the form of state with monarchy, that he recognizes the republic as the only form of state, that his titles are not valid, that his last name is Glücksburg, that his family was foreign... and that he renounces claiming from the Greek State the patrimonial assets of his family, such as the belongings that the government has in its possession, but which according to the Strasbourg ruling are his. this is says by this law. Besides, his passport would be a new one dated 1974 and he would not recognize that he was born in Athens.
In last year's interview, he expressed his position, the 1994 law should be repealed, what's more, his brother Nikolaos said in this interview that for him the important thing is how you feel, he feels Greek and that It's just important.

They are spreading incorrect news, but also, it is incredible that the followers of the monarchy agree with the content of that law.

And I very much doubt that Queen Anna Maria with a Danish passport, and knowing that her husband died with a Danish passport because of this law, She would submit to its content, she would die with a Greek passport. She was not born in Greece, she did not serve in the military in Greece, she was not Chief of the armies, nor an Olympian for Greece...
I imagine that her position is like her husband, that this law be repealed, that she herself recognized how much pain it created for them.

I remember reading the conditions of that law to acquire the nationality, and I agree that it is a very unfair law, and policy law
I don't believe the veracity of that article either, because on the official website of the Royal House it says, among other things: "Right through to the end of his life, King Constantine II held out hope that an understanding could be reached that would solve this citizenship issue. Beyond the purely practical problems it created for himself and his family, it also caused him great emotional distress."
It is obvious that he did not submit to that law (he died with a Danish passport), and that he sought agreements for its repeal.

It seems hardly credible to me that Pavlos, who acknowledges on the Web that this created "great emotional distress" to the King, is now going to submit to the conditions of the distressing law.
And about Queen Anne Maria, once her husband died, with a Danish passport, I believe that she has no reason to request Greek nationality, this is a question of loyalty, if he could not have a Greek passport, neither could she.

Last edited:
New photo of Queen Anne-Marie with her grandchildren.

New photo of Queen Anne-Marie with her grandchildren.
This is the Christmas postcard she shared last year. :)

Prince Philippos, Princess Nina and Princess Maria Olympia attended the wedding of designer Annina Pfuel in Bavaria.

Back
Top Bottom