Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! :flowers: Very light and airy!

The floors coupled with the sparely decorated ceilings, with some great wall changes: I think the sum effect is lovely. The dining room with the peach walls, intricate floor marble/tile, and exquisite ceiling, gorgeous! ❤️ (Probably where the dinner was held with all the luminaries ;)). One or two of the rooms don't 'work' for me but I would suspect the camera cannot give the full experience.

I'd rent it in a heartbeat. ;)

This is what Italian villas look like. The furniture has been purchased by various families for their various needs over the decades. George the bachelor probably bought little furniture initially, but he upgraded all the systems. We have rented a number of properties near there through the years ( nothing that large, though), and they have all been rather shabby/genteel in style. When you rent one of those, you’re renting the fabulous location on a beautiful lake, not a suite at the Hilton! I applaud the Clooneys’ taste.

Some excerpts from Omid's interviews regarding the Sussexes stay with the Clooneys

"Harry and George bonded over their shared love of motorcycles, and looked at George's collection"
"George flew them on his PJ, and they got to his home in an unmarked motorcade"
"George threw a couple of lavish banquets"
Meghan and Amal played with the twins in the pool.

I never really find Omid has a good source he has been wrong way too many times and this story just has way too many details

I believe Harry and Meghan were there for a few days but the fanfiction details are a bit much. They have no idea what they did unless they have pictures. I get guesses based on knowing the hobbies and such but come on. :lol:

I like the George and Amal story because its light and fluffy. I tend to believe they where there because the story originated out of Italy which focuses on the amount of security. Everything else seems to be flourish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope it doesn't. I only checked the headlines of The Sun, it's in a blurb at the top, but they now think Harry and Meghan are staying with the Clooneys. :lol:

Thanks for checking.

TBH, I think we need to remember that the online versions of most of these papers are much, much less reliable than the printed versions.

The printed versions usually contain stories from their first-string reporters. Make no mistake, those first stringers have relationships, access, and a lot of knowledge. They get invited to the Palace for pre-tour receptions. They do know people.

Then you get the online folk, whose entire job is seeing something online, repackaging it, and then slapping it up on the web for clicks. If you see stories that are wildly contradictory, 9/10 they'll be from the online string of reporters.

So it's not so much that the Sun changed their mind. The online Sun was tossing up anything they could find over the weekend. Then today, the print Sun in all likelihood published the story they felt they could verify as credible.

It's one thing to be skeptical and critical of sources; we should all do that. But part of that is recognizing actual expertise and not painting all reporters with a broad brush, or asserting that a mistake invalidate's a reporter's credibility.

I for one hope there is NO tour here in America for this couple, they do not need the problems that are here........and no one give me that security will deal with it please. I am just not a fan of royals touring this country ever....we have enough problems without royals coming here.......and this is NOT a slight to Harry or Meghan.....gads the nightmare will continue for sure even more so. And on top of it all the former and current presidents will have to be met and please don't say that it won't become political for it will.......you met one president then you meet the all and do not play favorites .....:bang::bang::bang:

I am pretty sure that Megan has already met President & Michelle, & like the truly classy people that the former 1st couple are, they don't have to make a big announcement about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they also met up in Italy & was part of the George Clooney Bash that they had ( there was a bit of a celebrity list for that party). I get it that it can & would become political. HOWEVER, Harry & Megan are not next in Line. That visit to the current person in the white house. He has already received it, and it was The Queen herself. I do remember William & Kate coming over & doing a Mini tour about a year after they married & they did not see President Obama while they were here. & Not a big deal was made of it.

Last edited:
I don't believe that story. George himself said in an interview that they were invited to the wedding because Amal is friends with Meghan and when asked how Amal and Meghan knew each other and he said Amal would like to keep that private. Nothing about Harry

There was a story going around before the wedding that Amal and Meghan met because hey have the same hair dresser but the hair dresser made a post in insta that the peopl have been giving writing stories using him as a source but he's not Meghan's hairdresser and he's never met her.

:previous:

Obviously we don't know for sure, and neither couple will exactly be verifying details of how they met. In any case, it doesn't seem farfetched that Harry and George at least met and knew each other in connection with philanthropic projects. And once Meghan moved to London (or even before on one of her trips to London) that she came into contact with Amal, either through their partners' friendship, or via mutual female friends. It's not farfetched. But sure, in the absence of actual royal news, stories are often completely made up for clicks.

:lol:
I'm just seeing this on Omid Scobie's Twitter! Apparently Jaguar car manufacturers are launching new production models of the vintage Jaguar electric-powered sportscar that Meg and Harry hopped into for their ride to Frogmore House for their evening wedding festivities.

My goodness, it seems as if the peaking interest and economic possibilities surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are neverending, and in fact only increasing since their May wedding. At least until the young Cambridges grow up to young adulthood.

Even the Madame Tussaud wax figure likenesses of Meghan & Harry with a beagle on a leash, have been seen out and about in London, in recent days. ?

:lol:
I'm just seeing this on Omid Scobie's Twitter! Apparently Jaguar car manufacturers are launching new production models of the vintage Jaguar electric-powered sportscar that Meg and Harry hopped into for their ride to Frogmore House for their evening wedding festivities.

My goodness, it seems as if the peaking interest and economic possibilities surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are neverending, and in fact only increasing since their May wedding. At least until the young Cambridges grow up to young adulthood.

Even the Madame Tussaud wax figure likenesses of Meghan & Harry with a beagle on a leash, have been seen out and about in London, in recent days. ?

One of the most horrifying things I have seen recently. It's like aliens skinned M and H and slipped into their 'meat suit' to 'blend in'. They looked magnificently creepy.

I think there is a very good chance of this being true. There were a lot of rumors and a few articles around during the engagement period that they were looking to adopt another dog that rang true and sounded very consistent.

I hope if it is true that the whole family makes a debut on this years Christmas card. We still haven't seen Guy!

(I am fairly certain they will not, and they'll just use some wedding picture for their christmas cards)

Yeah, this rings true to me as well. The Wales had a lab growing up and Harry is familiar with the breed because they are so common for vet support.

I felt they would get a buddy for Guy for a while. Bogart is such a cutie though. I know its not our business and it was for a good reason (because why go through the trouble for one dog but not the other), but I would love to know why she decided to leave him in the care of friends one day.

From everything we have read it has been said that the reason they didn't bring the dog was due to his health/age etc.

LaRae

From everything we have read it has been said that the reason they didn't bring the dog was due to his health/age etc.

LaRae

I mean he was still a young dog so I am not sure I buy the age thing.

But, some dogs just can't travel, no matter how healthy or young. Dogs get a lot of anxiety when they travel and some just do not deal with it well. Vets advise dogs with anxiety to not travel long distances. My friend went through this and was willing to pay anything, but the vet simply said it wasn't advisable. I have assumed for a while that may have been the situation with Bogart.

Either way, I am hoping we get some pics with Guy and this new dog, if it exists. Maybe a polo match??

Some breeds don't handle air travel well either. But as I recall at the time it was said it was due to the age and health of the dog.

LaRae

Well thank you for posting that positive article. But man I hate sites that make you pay to read news. Its not your fault EMB Im just ranting.

:previous:
Yes I am wondering the same here, are they trying to get back on the good side of the royal family now....something does not smell right in the article for it was positive not negative...maybe I need glasses also....

Yeah, this rings true to me as well. The Wales had a lab growing up and Harry is familiar with the breed because they are so common for vet support.

I felt they would get a buddy for Guy for a while. Bogart is such a cutie though. I know its not our business and it was for a good reason (because why go through the trouble for one dog but not the other), but I would love to know why she decided to leave him in the care of friends one day.

If the dog was not fit to fly, then they had no other choice. For a while I thought they could have payed for a dogsitter to travel with him by ship, but then I read an article that this can only be done by a private yacht because the only transatlantic cruise ship to take dogs on is the "Queen Mary 2" from Cunard and they don't allow dogs to travel on deck or in the passenger's cabin, only in a kind of dog storage room, where they are kept in cages and can be visited three times a day only. That's probably not good for Bogart as well. So if a dog can't fly for whatever reason, they are stuck on the other continent.

“Next spring, Meghan and Harry are scheduled to make their first tour to the United States at the request of the U.K. Foreign Office and the British government.”

https://t.co/ZqGZR04DvZ?amp=1

According to this GMA article the Sussexes will embark on a US tour next spring at the request of the British Government.

I hope this isn't true as I really think it would be better if they do a tour of US after Meghan has been in the UK for a few years rather than do a tour of the US so soon. I also am not a fan of them being in the US while Trump is on office and you never quite know what he might do or say.

Last edited:
“Next spring, Meghan and Harry are scheduled to make their first tour to the United States at the request of the U.K. Foreign Office and the British government.”

https://t.co/ZqGZR04DvZ?amp=1

According to this GMA article the Sussexes will embark on a US tour next spring at the request of the British Government.

I hope this isn't true as I really think it would be better if they do a tour of US after Meghan has been in the UK for a few years rather than do a tour of the US so soon. I also am not a fan of them being in the US while Trump is on office and you never quite know what he might do or say.

There are 3 parties in this game and it's Meghan and Harry that are the only fixture. :whistling: A spring tour would be 7-8 months off, I reckon plenty will be changed by then(not only in the US but also here) and this supposed 'visit' will only be circled in with a pencil for now(if it is even real).

It should also be mentioned that Meghan was supposed to embark on a whole US tour by herself this fall. We know how how much merit that one had. I believe it when it's announced by KP.?

here it is:)

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-daily-telegraph-telegraph-magazine/20180825/282351155634415

For those who are not familiar with PressReader - scrolling down moves the pages. :flowers:

Thanks so much for linking the article to this 'press reader' app. That's the only way I was able to read it. I find it to be a very positive, complimentary article. Seemingly, a pr strategy has been put into place by palace courtiers and Meghan's staff, coupled with the tide beginning to turn somewhat with the media recognizing that 'bash Meghan' has been overdone already to an OTT extent by her own father. And now it's past time for everyone to focus on the real person that Meghan is, and to honestly and straightforwardly chart her progress as the Duchess of Sussex. One thing I noticed is the phrasing 'period poverty,' makes no sense. That's a reference to Meghan's work with the Myna Mahila Foundation in India, which helps provide women and girls with sanitary supplies and assistance in dealing with menstruation cycles -- something that has traditionally been considered a 'taboo' topic and a situation that females had to bear alone in shame.

Meanwhile, this positive article helps attest that behind all the ridiculous, jealous slams and trollish whining about Meghan, the real Meghan stands beautiful, strong, caring and dedicated. She's much tougher, much nicer, kind and real than some people wish to acknowledge. Obviously, the royals got it immediately upon meeting and getting to know Meghan. She's nobody's pushover. She's a kindhearted, hardworking, articulate, accomplished young woman who has very focused ambitions, as well as a love of life and a fun sense of humor. She's classy and savvy. She's not fazed by the media nor by ancient institutions, nor by powerful people.

In addition, Meghan wholeheartedly supports, charms and encourages Prince Harry. She showers him with love and understanding. To boot they have a great deal in common, thus meeting and marrying Meghan has changed Harry's life for the better in so many ways. He had already evolved with the help of his military service. And he had begun settling down and finding purpose and meaning to his life through founding and shepherding Sentebale, Invictus, and the Heads Together projects. But he was still restless, moody and somewhat despondent over not yet having found a willing significant other who could love him and deal with life in the British royal family.

Enter Meghan Markle, and the rest is history. A sentence at the end of the article proclaims: Meghan 'gets it.' She's next level and a step up not only for Prince Harry but for the entire royal institution in the modern age. So all of the problems with her trashy Markle family members is not going to get anyone down. That whole drama will end up being a minor blip that neither Meghan nor Harry are going to allow to impact their relationship nor to distract from the important plans they have underway for helping others, and for fashioning a happy life together.

Last edited:
That’s quite the endorsement. If I didn’t know better, I’d almost think there’s PR people on here posting for Meghan. Of course there aren’t.

The danger of course is that in building Meghan up to these astronomical heights, it makes the fall all that more visible.

Meghan clearly has a loyal fan base, but by making her into a combination of Meryl Streep, Mother Theresa, Lady Diana and The Queen all rolled into one, the bar is being set very high. If Meghan doesn’t do 500 engagements a year, 3 royal tours and finds a cure cancer, she will be considered a failure.

Not to mention it will give her critics a bigger stick to beat her with and say “see I told you so”.

Last edited:
Enter Meghan Markle, and the rest is history. As the end of the article proclaims: Meghan 'gets it.' She's next level and a step up not only for Prince Harry but for the entire royal institution in the modern age. So all of the problems with her trashy Markle family members is not going to get anyone down. That whole drama will end up being a minor blip that neither Meghan nor Harry are going to allow to impact their relationship nor to distract from the important plans they have underway for helping others, and for fashioning a happy life together.

That's seems rather harsh on the queen. How is Meghan 'next level' for the entire royal institution. She seems to be of added value (although she also brought a lot of baggage that is harmful to the institution - not necessarily her own fault but still damaging) but she is only a few months in and the monarchy would surely have been doing fine had Harry married someone else.

While I appreciate famous and rich people being an ambassador for certain projects (and them meeting people might be the highlight of the year for some of them), it's because of many others that these initiatives are successful. What is the 'cost' (not just financially) to them to be involved as that tells us a lot about their motives.

Just to clarify, I genuinely believe they want to help people but they do so from the very comfortable position that they won't ever be in need (well, other than of privacy).

Everyone has varying perceptions. No one is perfect in this world. But Meghan is definitely a very positive person who has gone about the business of taking care of her own life in high style and grace, and with dedicated hard work, while also caring about other people. She does not take her success for granted. She is someone who clearly truly believes in the wisdom of this saying she once posted on her Instagram: Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Regardless of whoever prefers to find negativity where it doesn't exist, the Duchess of Sussex will prevail and flourish. I would bet on that. Of course she is not perfect, and I do not think she is perfect. There are critical things I have mentioned on a number of occasions, but I think there has been way more than enough criticism of Meghan (much of it unfounded) to go around. Despite all the high intensity insanity that's been going on in the media, Meghan remains her calm, down-to-earth self even as she goes through a rare life transition.

The Duchess of Sussex is a pretty darn extraordinary human being. I see Meghan as a positive role model and someone to take inspiration from. People who are overwrought about Meghan either OTT positively or OTT negatively should take a step back and deeply reflect. Personally, I think reflecting rather than endlessly projecting, is the way to go. I know I am not perfect, and that there's always something new to learn in this complicated world we live in.

As much as Meghan 'gets it,' I think the Queen 'gets' exactly who Meghan is, and the Queen has conferred her utmost approval. Everyone getting negatively caught up in the semantics of admiring superlatives can enjoy their bondage. ? It doesn't matter what any of us think in any case. Meghan Markle, now Duchess of Sussex, is on the inside of the royal firm, and she has admiring allies beyond her husband who fully back and support her. She is clearly a unifying force and a positive person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom