Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can if the BRF are a marjoity share holder.
But more likely they ask as a simple curtesy. I am sure Qantas would bend over backwards to comply with a request by the palace.

It could also be that as the RF don't often use Air Canada KP simply were stating what they usual do for other members of the RF when they fly. With some exceptions (Harry has used Easyjet and the Cambridges have used Flybe) the RF seem to use British Airways who are therefore probably well rehearsed in what the expectations for royal customers is. I don't see the issue with simply stating some ground rules to follow, more likely Air Canada asked what was expected and KP replied. Of course they would say they don't want photos taken all the time and people coming up to her, it doesn't mean Meghan is going full on "don't look even look at me" diva.

Seems very strange to me that her flight arrangements have ended up in the public domain.
I am suspicious this could be another red herring.

I don't really believe this news but if it is true than I hope she is able to relax and visit with her friends in peace. I am sure some press have beelined to the Mulroneys already. I also wonder if maybe Doria traveled to Toronto as well.

Update: Apparently Meghan is not in Toronto or it was a smokescreen for somewhere else.

"Reports that HRH The #DuchessofSussex #MeghanMarkle is in Canada are inaccurate. She is not currently in Toronto."

Who knows but if she is travelling, I hope no one discovers where.

Last edited:
Apparently Harry has an engagement on Tuesday 4th September. Hopefully, Meghan will be with him.

Where did you read that? I went to the Court Circular and there was nothing there. I have heard that they are terrible about updating it, though.

So the Toronto story is bogus? Not surprising. The story may be a plant to throw the gossip press off the scent. The Sunday Times is a legitimate paper and it reported Meghan and Harry were in Scotland for a week. Instead of fact checking the blogs and the sites ran with it, probably deployed their reporters and photographers to steak out the airport and Doria's home and Dad's LA house, hoping to get a showdown. Meghan can get into the US without fuss, like when she and Harry didn't go to Easter service at Windsor she went to LA to see her mom Thursday before.

Interestingly the Sunday times article was heavily edited this morning and now the mention of Harry and Meghan spending a week at Castle of Mey with Charles and Camilla was deleted.

False info or more likely a call from KP perhaps?

Interestingly the Sunday times article was heavily edited this morning and now the mention of Harry and Meghan spending a week at Castle of Mey with Charles and Camilla was deleted.

False info or more likely a call from KP perhaps?

Dumb move because anyone could have done a screenshots of the first edition.

I don’t think they were in Scotland. The DM had pictures of Charles but he was alone. Camilla was reported to be on vacation with her grandchildren that week.

Both Charles and Camilla are now at Birkhall. I’m at the point unless there’s pictures I don’t believe the story.

I just read that Meghan has taken off for Canada and then to the U.S. possibly but without her husband. I wonder why?

I mean, I am sure her mom would want to see him too. I read that they were close as well. (Ms. Doria and Harry)

I just read that Meghan has taken off for Canada and then to the U.S. possibly but without her husband. I wonder why?

I mean, I am sure her mom would want to see him too. I read that they were close as well. (Ms. Doria and Harry)

That has been debunked. Meghan was not in Canada

I don’t think they were in Scotland. The DM had pictures of Charles but he was alone. Camilla was reported to be on vacation with her grandchildren that week.

Both Charles and Camilla are now at Birkhall. I’m at the point unless there’s pictures I don’t believe the story.

I agree I thought Charles always did Mey week alone.

Good grief. It has become that way now that i take the reporting with a grain of salt until proven or announced by the palace. These false stories are becoming ridiculous, and too frequent. It is eough to make your head spin.
So are you now saying that Harry and Meghan did not visit the Castle of Mey.

Not surprised both stories suddenly were proven false or not entirely correct (bad info?). People have no idea where the Sussexes are and that is probably for the best.

Last edited:
It’s going to be great once the royals are back from summer vacation and back on royal duties.

Harry and Meghan reminded me today of a movie called The Pelican Brief for in it Julia Roberts disappeared from the media all the while she could sit back and watch them try to find her.....I think it is hilarious that Harry and Meghan can just up and go somewhere out of sight and not be seen by anyone while everyone is looking to see where they are at........so damn funny....??

They sure got that secret of taking off down pat now don't they....:lol:

Dumb move because anyone could have done a screenshots of the first edition.

I doubt KP would demand a retraction if it had been true that they had been in Scotland. No point to that. I think they were not there and that is why it was removed.

This is fun. This is the royal watcher's version of the game "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?"

Maybe we'd do better at the game if Harry and Meghan had to wear red and white striped shirts as in the books "Where's Waldo?". :D

Yes it will be great when they are back to work after summer break.
I hope they have had a great time together.

The seems to be a distinction between The Times and The Times Sunday.

Roya Nikkah previously had an article about Meghan and a possible reconciliation with her father I believe a week or 2 ago. Even Dickie Arbiter talked about it on twitter surprised that something like that would come from the times.

Valentine low jumped in and clarified that the story was from the times Sunday not the times. So there is definitely a different standard for the Sunday times and the regular times.

This story from roya eems to be from a reliable source and is almost like a palace leaks that sets the record straight that they do not plan to engage.

If it was leaked I wouldn't be surprised if KP or someone saw that they had included the Castle of Mey information and asked that they remove it and they obliged since technically they did give them an exclusive already.

The line about Sussex spending time at the Castle of Mey was only up for a few hours and no other outlets have started to report on it yet so they could easily drop it from their article.

Would you mind clarifying for me please. Do you mean The New York Times or The London Times.

The distinction is between The London Times and The Sunday times which is the Sunday edition of the paper.

Valentine low who works for The Times made this distinction suggesting that is a different (lower) standard for The Sunday Times in comparison to The Times.

In comparison to the tabloids though the Sunday times still has much greater standard.

Last edited:
One thing that makes me so happy is the fact that noone knows where they went for their honeymoon!! I love that they have the ability to just sneak away. I bet they even do hiding in plain sight trips wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap.

I also find it funny that many of the royal reporters accuse Meghan of being too hollywood but then turn around and whine about lack of access.

There is an article about how they kept it a secret.

According to this article they didn't tell anyone but William and the Queen where they are going for their honeymoon before they left.

They took a select few RPOs that Harry absolutely trusted and has worked with for years.

No one in their team not even the most senior members of their team knows where they went.

A few members of their immediate family were let in on the secret after they came back. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7053591/harry-meghan-honeymoon-secret/"]https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7053591/harry-meghan-honeymoon-secret/[/URL]

Last edited:
:previous: I had to laugh at the announcement the KP had sent a letter to the airline outlining how Meghan should be handled . . . . come on. International airlines are used to flying the rich, the famous and VIP's (which I guess Meghan is now). Do we really believe they needed telling how to do their job?

I'll believe she is there alone when I see the credible evidence.

From Rebecca English;

Meghan isn't in Canada or LA and won't be going there any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve moved the discussion about Meghan’s wedding dress going on display. You can now find it in Meghan’s wedding dress thread.

From Rebecca English;

Meghan isn't in Canada or LA and won't be going there any time soon.

There is a rumor that they where at Lake Como in Italy. If true I suspect there are pictures of them taking the ferry to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom