Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing that came to mind for me when hearing that Oz was a black labrador is that I wondered if he was perhaps related to Lupo and the Middleton black labs. The second thing that came to mind for me was what I stated many, many times before Meghan came on the scene and everyone was thinking about who to pair Harry up with. I couldn't think of anyone but knew then and there what he needed was a dog.

Years down the line now Harry now has two dogs. Guy and Oz. It just happened that the perfect woman for him came along with Guy. Can't get any better than that. :D

The source who said the dog is named Oz is an author who is promoting a biography she wrote about Charles recently. I think I'll wait for an official confirmation of the name.

I feel like we should remember we don’t even have confirmation, whether via confirmation from KP or photo, that the dog even exists.

.... or Ozzie as a short form of Oswald. Perhaps either Harry or Meghan liked Ozzie Osborne and Black Sabbath.. :cool:

We'll know soon enough if the dog exists. This couple is renowned for keeping things under the radar so who knows when that'll be. :D

A few old video links that are no longer available have been removed.

The first thing that came to mind for me when hearing that Oz was a black labrador is that I wondered if he was perhaps related to Lupo and the Middleton black labs. The second thing that came to mind for me was what I stated many, many times before Meghan came on the scene and everyone was thinking about who to pair Harry up with. I couldn't think of anyone but knew then and there what he needed was a dog.

Years down the line now Harry now has two dogs. Guy and Oz. It just happened that the perfect woman for him came along with Guy. Can't get any better than that. :D
Lupo is a Cocker Spaniel. The Middleton family dogs - the dam owned by Michael & Carol, the offspring owned by Catherine, Pippa and James Middleton - are all gorgeous black Cocker Spaniels, I don’t know whether the Middletons have labs, but the Queen has had black labs through the years, I believe the Queen keeps her labs at Sandringham.

Last edited:
Boy did I have the dogs mixed up eh? Thanks much for clarifying who has what kind of a dog. :D

Lab pups are great for chewing up shoes, clothes left on the line, anything of value left lying about. Just as well they have palace security to record any misdeeds. Ha.

Awhile ago a distant neighbour knocked holding a box of shoes. NOT pairs just single shoes his Labrador dog had collected from the neighbourhood. He wanted to know if we owned any of the single shoes in his box. He was door knocking the whole area.

Hilarious! None were ours thank goodness.

I doubt Harry and Meghan will have that problem.

Boy did I have the dogs mixed up eh? Thanks much for clarifying who has what kind of a dog. :D
:flowers: I used to own two English Springer Spaniels, a breed that looks a lot like oversized Cocker Spaniels. I don’t know much about any other dog breeds, but happen to like Cocker & Springer Spaniels & the Middleton Spaniels are beautiful to my eyes.

Still fluff news for Meghan. Her alma mater Northwestern University is putting her on the recruiting materials

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...iversity-uses-photo-attract-new-students.html

They left out Meghan's acting career but they clearly want bragging rights for having an American born royal as an alumna. They are going for the Top Gun effect; that movie affected a spike of enlistment in the US Navy.

Never let a good opportunity go to waste. And so they took the advantage. Can't say I blame them.

Northwestern has been using Meghan to promote for years. She used to hold Suits Q&As there with the cast. Her being a royal is nice but that was happening long before Harry. They use many alums. I can't think of a school who doesn't highlight a famous alum.

Last edited:
Still fluff news for Meghan. Her alma mater Northwestern University is putting her on the recruiting materials

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...iversity-uses-photo-attract-new-students.html

They left out Meghan's acting career but they clearly want bragging rights for having an American born royal as an alumna. They are going for the Top Gun effect; that movie affected a spike of enlistment in the US Navy.

Not true, she has always been used in alumna advertising. It's really not that big of a deal in the US. Every university does this with famous alumni. Meghan has also returned to the university to speak.

Never let a good opportunity go to waste. And so they took the advantage. Can't say I blame them.

But highlighting famous graduates is the norm in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t think that it’s different for any university. My university alumni uses me & I’m not famous. Of course people focus on the famous alumni to get more interest.

I’ve read an article by North Western alumni from back in 2014, when Meghan participated in a Suits forum, long before Harry. North Western promoting in association with Meghan is not anything new. What’s new is that it’s a tabloid story when it doesn’t need to be, tabs will do anything for clicks.

Last edited:
Awhile ago a distant neighbour knocked holding a box of shoes. NOT pairs just single shoes his Labrador dog had collected from the neighbourhood. He wanted to know if we owned any of the single shoes in his box. He was door knocking the whole area.

:lol: That was nice of him.

Nitpick: Northwestern is one word.

NU is a highly selective school. It was in the top 15 schools in the country when I graduated. It's a few notches down from Stanford and Harvard, and is well known for it's theater program. They have always highlighted famous alumni, so this is nothing new. Crassly commercial it may be, but it's very common here.

Northwestern is top 20 in the world in the Times ranking that came out last year. It’s a very competitive and well rounded school with high ranking in several academic areas. Both undergraduate and graduate level. It’s also one of the Big 10, which is important in US. Just to give an idea of how selective they are and what type of students they tend to attract to those that aren’t familiar.

And yes, like all other schools, they note their notable alumni. As for those that wants to question why actress isn’t listed on there, it’s quite simple, that’s no longer her profession. Same as Virginia Rometty being listed as Chairman, President, and CEO of IBM. I’m sure she’s held other positions before CEO, but it’s not listed.

And btw, I suppose this settles anyone who wants to doubt Meghan graduated from NU. I remember there was a big uproar about this from her detractors. I mean Meghan graduating from a top university certainly didn’t fit into the narrative some wanted to paint her in.

Last edited:
UK media like to downplay NU as if it is some unimportant school or a degree factory. Although its not an Ivy it is a top tier school worldwide. Also their theatre program counts many Hollywood alumni in its rank. Another thing about NU is that they have almuni worldwide and I hope Meghan has joined the UK NU branch like a good student

https://www.alumni.northwestern.edu/s/1479/02-naa/16/interior_lvls.aspx?sid=1479&gid=2&pgid=22899.

Even Diana wore an NU shirt....

The Daily Fail is always trying to downgrade and shame all of her accomplishments.

Last edited:
I don’t know whether the Middletons have labs, but the Queen has had black labs through the years, I believe the Queen keeps her labs at Sandringham.

Peter and Zara have/had black labs. No idea if they breed them, but it’s possible.

Hi all! First Post here :flowers:

I agree, that DF is trying to downplay her accomplishments. Getting into NU is hard enough in it self, but graduating from NU is a whole nother stratosphere.

Hi all! First Post here :flowers:

I agree, that DF is trying to downplay her accomplishments. Getting into NU is hard enough in it self, but graduating from NU is a whole nother stratosphere.

Welcome to Royal Forums. I hope you'll enjoy posting here.

I imagine the alumni of Northwestern do not appreciate their school slated in any way. The Fail and other tabloids look stupid for doing hit pieces for pay on Meghan, especially when it didn't result in a desired outcome like a reaction or a feud that can net them multiple stories. The gossip press' decision was hammered more when the legitimate press and people on social media discredited the tabloids' source material by calling their sources' characters in question and pointing out past controversies. It also makes the Fail and others look dumb for not vetting them. So the tabs have to fall back to sleight shade and made up stories.

I sincerely hope that the new dog is a rescue like the other dogs that Meghan had for there are plenty that need to be loved and cherished after being dumped off by idiots that do not care for them in the first place........no need to buy a dog that was breed to be bought ever!

I would not hold it against them if they got a puppy as opposed to a rescue dog. She has been known to get rescue dogs, and may get more in the future.

I would not hold it against them if they got a puppy as opposed to a rescue dog. She has been known to get rescue dogs, and may get more in the future.

A puppy can be a rescue dog too

I don't think it really matters where Harry and Meghan acquired their new addition to the Sussex household (if they even have... its still just a rumor right now). Just getting a new furbaby to love and cherish and spoil rotten alongside Guy is setting an example. Members of the family that happen to have four paws and a wagging tail are an asset to any home.

We've seen Camilla visit the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London and leaving with her new rescue furbaby, Bluebell the Jack Russell. We know that Guy was a rescue dog from Kentucky that Meghan had brought to Toronto and now to the UK. This kind of royal coverage inspires others to do likewise.

Now, if only it would catch on like a fashion outfit being sold out within hours of a royal appearing in it, there'd be a lot more happy, wagging tails out there.

To quote Groucho Marx, "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." :D

Some folks like to buy a specific breed of dog from a breeder because it suits their lifestyle or plans for the dog. I don't think anyone should attempt to make someone feel bad because they don't choose a rescue dog.

LaRae

Some folks like to buy a specific breed of dog from a breeder because it suits their lifestyle or plans for the dog. I don't think anyone should attempt to make someone feel bad because they don't choose a rescue dog.

LaRae

Exactly. I personally have a dog from a breeder that I carefully choose after doing much research. Dog genetics are a funny thing, and I'm not really prepared to deal with certain illnesses and behaviors in dogs. So I plan accordingly. I think that's the most important thing people should consider when they get a dog. Whether or not they can deal with the things that can come up. The problem often comes in when people get dogs with rose colored glasses on, and then realize it's more than they can handle. You can't always plan everything in life, but there is certain responsibility that comes with getting a dog. While I'm always happy when I hear things like Meghan adopting dogs or Camilla adopting dogs, it's not always the best option for everyone. Although, I will always discourage people from puppy mills. You really don't know what you are getting and overpaying for it to encourage a bad business model.

6am here and our TV news is saying Meghan is People Magazines best dressed for 2018. Also Vanity Fair best dressed.
This will certainly invite plenty of debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom