Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has occurred to me watching Harry and Meghan over the past two years is that I definitely get the feeling that Meghan is the Yin to Harry's Yang. If he tends to get uptight and upset, she's his calming influence and sounding board. On the other hand, even though Meghan has had a full, independent single life and is capable of taking care of herself, Harry is very protective and attentive to his other half. I do think their relationship goes far beneath a superficial level because, as we've seen, during their courtship, they weren't partying and out to see and be seen but preferred the quiet times alone at home.

They're as different as the yolk and the white but together they make one good egg. They balance each other out, I think.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. ITV interviewed Tom Bradby before the wedding ceremony (he and his wife were guests), and apparently he was brought in to help with dealing with the media on this relationship. He said she has always remained calm about it and didn't understand why the fascination whereas Harry just always wanted to protect her and make everything ok and safe. He also said, in his opinion, Meghan really doesn't read whatever the tabloids are printing, or at least she only reads what she needs to (I'm assuming she's leaving it to KP staff and the lawyers to determine what she needs to be aware of and what is just jibberish that will pass).

I’ve at times found your view of Harry to be rather odd.

Oh dear. :huh:

First I don’t think Harry made anything happen in terms of her leaving behind her career. It was her decision based on what she felt about Harry and their relationship at that point. Harry treating her well obviously helps them to have a healthy relationship, but I think she had to decide if she felt he’s the one for her.

Not sure what's happening here, jacqui. :huh: I seem to have trod on your toes and don't know in what way that happened. There's a contradiction in your text above. I think there is direct link between Meghan deciding to exit her career and Harry's serious intentions towards her. Not sure how that would be a negative.

Second, I’m not understanding where you get Harry having some kind of jerk card to pull out?

Oh boy! :rolleyes: We don't have to go there. In fact I likely shouldn't have mentioned it. It really is in the past. We all change and I think Harry has done just that: this relationship, this love, has grown him in deep ways. Wonderful to see. So much so that I am now interested in watching him and even (maybe) listening to what he has to say. ;)

He’s always striked me as someone who treats his significant other with respect.

Well, that's where we can agree to disagree. :flowers:

And contrary to media reports, he might have partied, but there was never any indication that he’s actually a playboy like they wanted to brand him as.

He was a wild child and there's few I know who don't acknowledge that. He's been a player but he's settled down. He's on a different path. Onward from here! :flowers:

One thing that has occurred to me watching Harry and Meghan over the past two years is that I definitely get the feeling that Meghan is the Yin to Harry's Yang. If he tends to get uptight and upset, she's his calming influence and sounding board. On the other hand, even though Meghan has had a full, independent single life and is capable of taking care of herself, Harry is very protective and attentive to his other half. I do think their relationship goes far beneath a superficial level because, as we've seen, during their courtship, they weren't partying and out to see and be seen but preferred the quiet times alone at home.

They're as different as the yolk and the white but together they make one good egg. They balance each other out, I think.

Very nicely put, Osipi. :flowers: Like the underlined analogy. Cute!

We are seeing a radiant couple but I still think Harry might remain a handful when he gets 'broody'. Who knows, it may be a permanent alchemical change, the way love can do with people. For sure he will never be the same after Meghan should he mess this up. But I think they are absolutely committed to making this work. They have the loving foundation and the friendship. In my view they are lifers!

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a few more engagements coming up but hopefully August can just be their downtime. It is her birthday month so here is to it being stress-free.

They have a few more engagements coming up but hopefully August can just be their downtime. It is her birthday month so here is to it being stress-free.

What are the few more engagements? :flowers:

Also, I wonder if they'll go to Scotland.

What are the few more engagements? :flowers:

Also, I wonder if they'll go to Scotland. I am really wishing they would announce their country home. Can we say that they are in fact leasing a country house in the Cotswolds as was reported? Or are we assuming that is bogus?

They have an engagement together on the 17th. Harry has has another on the 18th. Then on the 23rd & 24th Harry is in Amsterdam. Then on the 26th is the Senetebale charity polo match.

How accurate are the reports that Meghan has gon to join Harry in the Cotswolds or even that Harry was in the Cotswolds?

^^^ Harry was playing a charity polo match near there that day. Also when the ladies arrives together but left separately it was asked why. That was the explanation.

How accurate are the reports that Meghan has gon to join Harry in the Cotswolds or even that Harry was in the Cotswolds?

Harry had a polo match that day in Newbury, Berkshire, the Xerjoff Royal Charity Polo Cup.

I saw a publication on the newstands entitled Closer (July 16, 2018), with a cover story on the Sussexes, entitled: At Home With Meghan and Harry.

...Another seemingly inaccurate claim is that Harry and Meghan 'babysit' Prince George and Princess Charlotte for the Cambridges. Nanny Borallo is charged with that duty. Of course, I'm sure Meghan and Harry spend time with George and Charlotte.

This part of the article sounds more believable:

"In the evenings, the newlyweds often enjoy going to see West End theater productions or disguising themselves to attend film screenings incognito... But Harry and Meghan often prefer dining together in their cottage. 'After dinner they get to wind down and relax,' says an insider. 'They'll snuggle up on the couch with candles burning and binge-watch their favorite TV shows, like Homeland.'"

...Another seemingly inaccurate claim is that Harry and Meghan 'babysit' Prince George and Princess Charlotte for the Cambridges. Nanny Borallo is charged with that duty. Of course, I'm sure Meghan and Harry spend time with George and Charlotte.

This part of the article sounds more believable:

"In the evenings, the newlyweds often enjoy going to see West End theater productions or disguising themselves to attend film screenings incognito... But Harry and Meghan often prefer dining together in their cottage. 'After dinner they get to wind down and relax,' says an insider. 'They'll snuggle up on the couch with candles burning and binge-watch their favorite TV shows, like Homeland.'"

I remember hearing that before about Homeland...which is kinda neat..it's a show I watch too!

Right now we are binge watching Nurse Jackie here.

LaRae

I don't think it's far fetched that Meghan or Harry babysit George and Charlotte; just because there is a nanny doesn't mean the aunt and uncle can't take over for a few hours one day.

Posts about Meghan's family have been moved to her family thread and posts discussing Harry and Meghan homes, have been moved to Harry's Future homes thread.

Yes, New Zealand is a wonderful country and Meghan looks in these photos as if she had a ball, seeing so much of what it has to offer. That was a very carefree go as you please holiday, something that will be impossible for her now.

:previous: My understanding is British royals fly under the radar a lot, meaning that personal trips to foreign locales take place all the time by various means by all royals. :flowers: I think if she and Harry want to do some of that below-the-radar travel they will do it (not when on an official visit, but at other times), so all is not lost for carefree travel. Just has to be more rigorously planned but they have the structures to help them do that. I for one am glad that they can 'fly the coop' when they want to since anything else would amount to a kind of imprisonment. :sad:

:previous: Yes, I think you are right @Lady Nimue. That's exactly what happens during M&H's private trips to Africa where they had fun in out-of-the-way exclusive camping locations, etc., without any cameras in their face. We are only going to get to see them during their public events, and never on private vacations due to the OTT tabloids being so intrusive. The Jamaica Inskip wedding pics of M&H in swimsuits are likely the only such pictures we'll ever see of them in a beach/pool setting. Of course, those pics were never published in Britain. The other thing is that Prince Harry has wealthy, influential friends around the world who often loan yachts and homes or villas to the royals for private down time away from the public's prying eyes.

Apparently (per Andrew Morton) Meghan also went on a camper trip to New Zealand with Trevor after they married and sometime before they split in 2013. So perhaps she went on the 2015 trip with Cory who she was dating at the time.

So her upcoming trip will be her third, but much more high profile. It seems that Meghan is doing in life what she was always meant to do, in many ways. She loves traveling, she loves giving back, and as a royal what's required of you in public often necessitates acting.

The ridiculous vitriol in DF comment section is ratcheting up again. I tend not to click on that site too often.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that I read somewhere that the 2015 trip was with a girlfriend, and a photo in the article does show her sitting laughing with a couple of girls.

Anyway Meghan looks as if she is thoroughly enjoying herself sampling much of what NZ has to offer, and I hope in the future she and Harry may be able to have a casual holiday there. We'll see!

Anyway Meghan looks as if she is thoroughly enjoying herself sampling much of what NZ has to offer, and I hope in the future she and Harry may be able to have a casual holiday there. We'll see!

Thing is we won't ever 'see'. ;) Under-the-radar means we will never know.

The 2015 trip was with Lindsay Jill Roth and another friend that I think might be Heather Dorak, but I can’t be certain on the latter.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...tes-tour-report/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Keep in mind this was reported in US weekly first and now Vanity Fair is reporting it but there have been rumours circulating for a months that the Sussexs will do a USA tour. This article states the tour is being planned for spring 2019 and will be a bigger tour like the Oceania one coming up in October. Hitting places like San Francisco, LA, Chicago (where the Obamas are based so a possible meeting with them and Meghan went to college) and possibly Washington DC.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...tes-tour-report/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Keep in mind this was reported in US weekly first and now Vanity Fair is reporting it but there have been rumours circulating for a months that the Sussexs will do a USA tour. This article states the tour is being planned for spring 2019 and will be a bigger tour like the Oceania one coming up in October. Hitting places like San Francisco, LA, Chicago (where the Obamas are based so a possible meeting with them and Meghan went to college) and possibly Washington DC.

Maybe Meghan will tour Northwestern as her mother in-law did back in 1996.

I believe the Obamas are still based in DC as their younger daughter hasn't graduated from high school yet. She might be done by next spring, though.

Maybe Meghan will tour Northwestern as her mother in-law did back in 1996.

I believe the Obamas are still based in DC as their younger daughter hasn't graduated from high school yet. She might be done by next spring, though.
They are. They’ve bought the house they were renting. Their foundation is based in Chicago as is the Obama library will be. Meghan has returned to Northwestern as part of a promotional tour with Suits before, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Chicago is one of the locations.

My personal opinion is that this would be a North America tour as Canada is the country the Duchess has lived for 7 years before moving to London. She’s often talked about the importance of the country to her and certainly it changed her life in many ways.

I for one hope there is NO tour here in America for this couple, they do not need the problems that are here........and no one give me that security will deal with it please. I am just not a fan of royals touring this country ever....we have enough problems without royals coming here.......and this is NOT a slight to Harry or Meghan.....gads the nightmare will continue for sure even more so. And on top of it all the former and current presidents will have to be met and please don't say that it won't become political for it will.......you met one president then you meet the all and do not play favorites .....:bang::bang::bang:

If there is a tour to the USA, most likely it will be well structured and planned out. If its an "official" tour at the request of Her Majesty's government, its not up to Harry and Meghan to decide where to go and what they're going to do. They, of course, have input into it but in the end, the itinerary is approved by the Queen and her government and sanctioned also by the US.

There are speculations abounding as to where they'll go and what they'll perhaps do but that's all it is at the moment. Speculation. We'll see what happens as it gets closer to spring. We've not even hit autumn of 2018 yet. :D

I’m not sure what problems you are speaking of that would be exerbated by royal visit? In all likelihood, it’s not going to be an official visit. Living relatively close to DC, I hope they visit. I still remember Harry’s meeting with John McCain on landmines. Extremely moving for me given both men’s service to their countries.

And I would love for Meghan to visit Northwestern with Harry. The good ole college years. I’m always annoyed when people discount her brains because she was an actress and is beautiful.

Last edited:
I just don't see them doing 2 lengthy international oversees tours over a span of less than 6 months in their first year as a married couple. The fact that this rumour originated with a US tabloid does not make me more inclined to believe the existence of this proposed tour.

Last edited:
In one report I read (and will not link) it was stated that Meghan also will be doing a solo "personal" tour to visit family and friends before she settles into the role of motherhood. :rolleyes:

If there is a US tour, I'm going to wait until there's an official announcement and a thread opened and locked until the time of the tour approaches. Anything, and I mean *anything* can happen between now and next spring.

I just don't see them doing 2 lengthy international oversees tours over a span of less than 6 months in their first year as a married couple. The fact that this rumour originated with an US tabloid does not make me more inclined to believe the existence of this proposed tour.

I agree. I just can't see this happening. The cost alone of two tours would get the tabloids up in arms. By the end of the year Meghan will hopefully have her first charities/patronages sorted and would be visiting those and getting them embedded in for several months, one would think. Actually I read elsewhere months ago that the couple would 'definitely' visit LA this July and investigate local charities. Look how that turned out!

In one way it would be great and I'd love to see it. I just don't think it's feasible.

To be honest I can't see either Harry or Meghan visiting or touring the US until the situation as regards her family is resolved in some way. As to an official visit, that would require interaction with the State Department as would a private visit as presumably, Protection Officers would be required to be armed.

Bringing over this conversation from Current Events, as it's about the deep connection between M&H:

This photo perfectly captures their love, faith and trust in each other. It's beautiful. To have found each other and to share important interests in common, and to completely have each other's backs! They are very lucky because not everyone is fortunate to find a true soulmate to share life's journey. To be both friends and lovers, and to also be able to share the drama, upsides and downsides of a royal life! That's really amazing and very special. The way they look at each other says it all. Wow. They've obviously done something right in their lives to be so blessed and so happy together.

Looking at the photo of the two of them together today at the Nelson Mandela centenary, it really makes me think that what these two people have found in each other is agape. Unconditional love. The you and me against the world kind of love. The no matter what kind of love. Not the "I'll love you if you build me a tennis court" kind of love but one that endures and strengthens and comforts through the good times and the bad times.

Nelson Mandela's granddaughter hit the nail on the head describing this couple. The both of them do what they do not because its required or expected but because they want to make a difference. I kind of chuckle now remembering Harry (along with several other British royals) that when talking about marriage, bring up the fact they have to find someone willing to "take them on". Take on the royal lifestyle and the royal fishbowl. Meeting Meghan, Harry found not only someone willing to dive right into the royal fishbowl but one that already was a champion swimmer and loved the water. :D

? Exactly right. The photo taken at the Mandela exhibit says it all. I recently found an absolutely amazing and delightful video online that also says it all about the love and synchronicity between Harry and Meghan. It's a wow and it's already received widespread praise and huge thumbs-ups since being posted on June 18. If you are a fan of M&H and you haven't yet seen it, you are in for a treat. Kudos to the talented person who put this video together! :twohearts: Ed Sheeran singing Perfect is a magic soundtrack to their love, and is perfectly suited to this video!

And here's a link for the lyrics to the song, Perfect:
https://genius.com/Ed-sheeran-and-beyonce-perfect-duet-lyrics

There's something so synchronous about their relationship, and their facial features!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom