Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't the ceremony supposed to start at 4 pm Jordan time?

Thanks again for the English translation! I thought the ceremony was starting at 9:00 am EST which is 4:00 pm in Jordan? Or maybe my math is incorrect?:lol:

Wasn't the ceremony supposed to start at 4 pm Jordan time?

That's what I thought :lol:

Reuters are also showing live coverage (slightly different at the moment compared to all the other sites)

:previous: :previous:
IT'S ON!
Abdullah and Rania have arrived to receive the guests!
Rania is wearing BLACK :ermm:

OMG, The King's nieces are serving looks!!

Rajwa's mom in pink (arrived with the Saudis)

Still can't get over the fact Rania is wearing Black, the dress has golden embroidery in the back, but still, it doesn't cut it for me. Black and transparencies? Nope.

Princess Muna looks BEAUTIFUL in pink.
Raiyah in a cape, she's with Ned.

The palace is stunning and beautifully decorated.

Hashim (more stunningly dressed than the King) and Fahdah have arrived.

Hassan and Sarvath. We Stan.

WILL AND KATE (looking Stunning in what looks like Elie Saab!)

Mary (no one curtsyes like her!) and Frederik.

Alois and Sophie, stunning as well in BLUE! she's been a knockout this year. Incredible.

OMG Beatrice and Edo are there!!

Victoria made no effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding tiaras, I believe they keep them close to hands. When Sarah Ferguson “lost” her parure, I recall reading that they told her not to pack them in checked-in luggage.

Once Queen Ingrids ruby Parure got lost when travelling to Greece and she was loaned Queen Friederike's big diamond tiara then.

I wish English translator lady would tell us about these guests.
I like some of these guests’ gowns more than Rania’s. She could have done the back detail into a cape.

LOL Kate’s pink dress bear resemblance to Rania’s black dress with the high neck and sleeve details, but Kate has detail on front. I am unsure about those floppy cuffs.

OMG Bea and Edo!!!! Didn’t know they were close… Imagine if Bea and Edo went but not Will and Kate! Did they go together? Will we see Bea in a tiara? Anybody else surprise pop up???

Princess Muna always looks like a class act.

Beatrice and Edoardo are also there

Victoria in one of her floral frocks.
A rare miss, usually she's always perfect at these events.

Anyone else surprised to see Beatrice and Edo there? Beatrice looks wonderful!

The Queen of Buthan is so beautiful.
Sheikha Moza scares me.

They must be personal friends of the groom. I don't think they are attending in an official capacity (i.e., to represent the United Kingdom).

Jetsun Pema looking lovely as usual.

And Mozah who always reminds me think of a Disney villain.

Queen Sofia still wearing very high heels!

Elisabeth and Maxima both look great, but seems like C-A is not with them

Also did not see Hakoon and Mette Marit, not sure if it was the feed that missed their arrival

So great to see them there. They both look great.

I wonder if Princess Beatrice and Edo flew in with William and Kate.

:previous: :previous:
Livestream in English

Princess Alia being interviewed and showing off the Palace (it was recorded in advance). Photos of baby Rajwa were also shown, what a cute child!

Thank you for English livestream. I was hoping there is one!

Wouldn't it be nice if they split the screen so half showing the king and queen receiving the guests then the other half showing the guest walking inside.

They didn't even make effort to show Mary (I knew it's her from her curtsey) and Victoria's faces.

Did Beatrice and Edo travel with the Waleses (same plane)? Are this couple close with Jordan royals?

Beloved Queen Sofía had trouble getting off the car. She's frail, just like Juanito. That's a looong walk ahead of them.

Elisabeth STUNNING in Fuchsia, but W-A and Maxima arrived without Amalia!?

Asda in her GREATEST look ever, Jameel being his usual smiley self.

If you're going to be ridiculous enough to arrive last, at least iron your dress, here's looking at you, Flotus. Her daughter is wearing a business black dress. I can'tttt.

The Sultan of Brunei has many children. Why does he always go to overseas royal events with Prince Abdul Mateen?

Surprised?!?! I almost fell off my seat, I think I was actually more overwhelmed to see them than W&C :ohmy::D:flowers:

As royal watchers, we are all eager to see ALL the royals. There are a few firsts today: not only the Prince and Princess of Wales, but also Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and Princess Amalia, attending a royal wedding for the first time, so it is going to be exciting for so many reasons.

I am sure the reason why there hasn't been an official announcement for the Wales' till this morning (and the royal reporter who did kinda implied it wasn't supposed to be revealed until later today) is because of security as well as not hyping it and stealing the couple's thunder.

If THE First Lady of the US can announce beforehand her attendance, no reason the Wales couldn't so the same. Security reasons is such a lame excuse. And the oh so they won't overshadow....another excuse and just giving such a sense of self-importance. But then again how convenient they were the only royals snapped arriving.

I'm sure the bride will not be remotely overshadowed on her big day no matter how much it is tried.

:previous:
Here comes the groom! Looking his very best.

I think the sitting arrangement was more elegantly done at Iman's wedding. Everyone looks packed here.

I was very surprised to see them! Wow, Beatrice does look great and so is Edo.

Beatrice was pictured years ago at Wadi Rum with the Crown Prince (along with several other socialites, celebrities, etc.)

OMG Ashley Biden in more severe black than Rania…for a summer garden wedding?!! Well sort of garden, sort of indoors… Lots of greenery, not a lot of flowers….. Is it hot in Jordan?

Alois and Elisabeth are chatting so happily, I wonder if William and Sophie are talking about the Jacobites. :lol:

The bride is on route!!!!!!

:previous: Rajwa in Haute Couture (looks like Valentino) I don't like the dress, the front looks WEIRD. She looks so nervous, awww.

Salma as bridesmaid in Turquoise. Iman truly in her greatest look, but it's too funny seeing them trying to accommodate the train. :lol:

Bravo to 18 year-old Prince Hashim, he's doing so well.

Her gown is quite stylish which I don't expect, very nice though!

Alois and Elisabeth are chatting so happily, I wonder if William and Sophie are talking about the Jacobites. :lol:

Since Sophie attended the UK coronation and didn't raise any objection when Charles was presented as "your undoubted King", I assume she has renounced her uncle's claim to the (separate) thrones of England and Scotland.

EDIT: My understanding is that the aforementioned part of the coronation ceremony exists so that anyone who might contest the King's claim to the Crown may do so.

Not sure what to think of the dress but veil and train look great

Those gardens do look exquisite!

Obviously the US has a different view of security than the UK government.

If the UK government has security concerns about the heir apparent to the throne then William and Catherine will have to abide by those security concerns.

William, position wise, is more like the Vice-President - the next monarch.

The first lady is in Camilla's position - merely the spouse.

Positions aren't comparable at all.

Well you cannot remotely compare the power position of the US to that of the UK so I may argue that the spouse of the sitting US President, the most powerful country into he world would garner the highest of security. And btw er hold the security of our leaders here in the US to be of the highest level.

But I am sure they weren't trying to engage in the will they or won't they right? I mean that has been previously proclaimed as attention seeking when allegedly done by others.

I'm going to enjoy the wedding and the royals that are there for the event and focus on the wedding couple.

The train is exquisite. Is that embroidery or cut out?

Again the Jordanian live stream doesn't bother to show a close up of the bride. I want to see the tiara!

I think the walk through the maze was a bit much ... kinda like a hazing?! I guess it works for photography purposes, but a bit much when you're wearing a gown and a gigantic train is trailing behind you.

Rania looks great ... but, black your son's wedding? No!
Same for Ashley Biden ... no!

I hope that enclosure is air conditioned!

Back
Top Bottom