Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the walk through the maze was a bit much ... kinda like a hazing?! I guess it works for photography purposes, but a bit much when you're wearing a gown and a gigantic train is trailing behind you.

The sisters-in-law are so busy with the train:ninja:

With such a panegyric, no wonder Rania is in tears and Abdullah is about to break too.

Rajwa's dress is Elie Saab.

Last edited:
Well you cannot remotely compare the power position of the US to that of the UK so I may argue that the spouse of the sitting US President, the most powerful country into he world would garner the highest of security. And btw er hold the security of our leaders here in the US to be of the highest level.

But I am sure they weren't trying to engage in the will they or won't they right? I mean that has been previously proclaimed as attention seeking when allegedly done by others.

I'm going to enjoy the wedding and the royals that are there for the event and focus on the wedding couple.
It is up to them if they want to announce or not, maybe they just chose not to. It’s not that deep or serious

Well you cannot remotely compare the power position of the US to that of the UK so I may argue that the spouse of the sitting US President, the most powerful country into he world would garner the highest of security. And btw er hold the security of our leaders here in the US to be of the highest level.

But I am sure they weren't trying to engage in the will they or won't they right? I mean that has been previously proclaimed as attention seeking when allegedly done by others.

I'm going to enjoy the wedding and the royals that are there for the event and focus on the wedding couple.

I am pretty sure that the world media is far more interested in the Prince and Princess of Wales than in Dr. Jill Biden, no matter how "powerful" the United States may be, which probably warrants that the Waleses exercise discretion in their travel plans.

And it is a bit jingoistic to refer to American power in those terms to be honest.

Anyone else surprised to see Beatrice and Edo there? Beatrice looks wonderful!

I am VERY surprised and pleased! I think the Wales must be there in "official" capacity and the Mapelli-Mozzis were invited as friends of the family?

Beatrice looks beautiful.

The sisters-in-law are so busy with the train:ninja:

When I saw them fixing the train every few steps, my first thought was "are they playing cat and mouse?", in fact they remind me of when i "entertain" my 2 cats with ribbon.

Rajwa's gown is what I always hope to see on some royal bride but I never expect it would be on a non European royal bride. It suits her figure well.

I am VERY surprised and pleased! I think the Wales must be there in "official" capacity and the Mapelli-Mozzis were invited as friends of the family?

Beatrice looks beautiful.
I definitely agree with you on Edoardo and Beatrice. They are the best connected of the younger generation unlike other members.

Catherine congratulating Rajwa on her dress, well, they're both wearing the same designer!

Can't wait for the reception and all the TIARAS!

Gut reaction to the wedding dress: Grand voluminous looking from the back far away *heart eyes emoji*
But actually from the front… the sheath silhouette in front of that train, the train detail, the asymmetrical angular neckline next to the drape wrap bodice and round tiara and earrings… too many elements clashing! I think she is walking weird because of the tight skirt then having to pull the train. And she is holding the bouquet down. If she wanted to go full edgy she could have gone with a slimmer train.

But I will hold that image of the dress from behind when she first goes inside from the car.

Last edited:
Rajwa looks absolutely stunning. Gorgeous dress. The back view is beautiful.

My thoughts:

The dress was nothing to write home about. Rajwa looked beautiful and the train looked intricate and detailed but the dress was "meh". It looked very un-Elie Saab- at least compared to the dresses he did for the Luxembourg royal dresses. I was hoping for a more Wow-factor but didn't get it. I think her henna party dress was more impressive than the wedding contract dress.

1. Queen Rania in black? Perhaps I'm looking at things from a Western perspective but black on your son's wedding day is a big taboo.

2. Speaking of colors was Beatrice wearing white? Even if it is gray she should have chosen a different color dress. She did look great though but the color of the dress is a big NO!

3. Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos both look very frail. I got a bit nervous each time Juan Carlos rested his sick.

4. Alois and Sophie- I love seeing them more and more at these events. Sophie looked stunning and I need to see a close up of that necklace. She, the Princess of Wales, and Princess Elisabeth (wow in fucshia)were my favorite dressed European royal ladies.

5. I am in love with the beautiful outdoor spaces of the Jordanian palaces. So beautiful and nicely designed but an obvious pain to walk through. It seemed like a labyrinth and the poor Iman and Salma were trying to keep up.

6. I watched the arrivals and entire wedding contract and missed Felipe and Letizia and Amalia. Was there any announced reason for their absences?

8. Lastly, is it ever revealed just how much of a dowry is paid?

Last edited:
I watched the arrivals and entire wedding contract and missed Felipe and Letizia and Amalia. Was there any announced reason for their absences?

Felipe and Letizia were never supposed to attend. Amalia was, but only her parents were present, so most likely we'll see her at the reception, wearing a tiara!

I guess they'll rest a bit before the parade around Amman, thank goodness Rajwa is wearing flats.

Is it confirmed that Rajwa's dress by Elie Saab? If so he has redeemed himself from the Luxembourg's mishap.:D

Yes, it is custom Elie Saab.
Rania's influence.:whistling: I really wish she had worn something by a Jordanian designer.

Last edited:
Love the dress very suitable and Catherine’s is stunning the most out of all attending, not keen on the brides make up looks slightly aggressive for a summer wedding. Where is princess Alia Al tabba??? Very stange!

Is it confirmed that Rajwa's dress by Elie Saab? If so he has redeemed himself from the Luxembourg's mishap.:D

For the guests, Elisabeth looks se regal in her cape gown and Beatrice is lovely. And seems Sophie got some splendid necklace! Wish we would see C-A later!

Last edited:
Anyone from Monaco attending?

Beautiful bride, very flattering dress. I'm not quite sure what Mary and Beatrice were thinking with the bows in their hair. Is this some kind of weird fashion right now?

What time does the drive through the streets start?

I definitely agree with you on Edoardo and Beatrice. They are the best connected of the younger generation unlike other members.

It's fun to imagine what the guest list would have looked like for Edo and Bea's nuptials without the restrictions of Covid and Andrew controversy.

A who's who bonanza!;)

And he was right, the newlyweds had to greet +100 guests, I hate inconsiderate people who start talking and talking and talking...one gentleman in particular (the man BEFORE William) didn't want to let go of Rajwa...KEEP IT MOVING!

--
As I had mentioned earlier, the sitting arrangement was more beautifully done at Iman's wedding. It was too informal today for me, I hated the chairs.

Last edited:
It's fun to imagine what the guest list would have looked like for Edo and Bea's nuptials without the restrictions of Covid and Andrew controversy.

A who's who bonanza!;)

They already have great relationships with foreign royals and attend many foreign royal weddings in personal capacity. Would make sense (save on costs and money) to just let them represent the family/UK for such things instead of asking Sophie and Edward. If Kate and William cant make such foreign royal events, better to send Beatrice and Edo, and let Sophie and Edward do their "working" job instead haha.

And he was right, the newlyweds had to greet +100 guests, I hate inconsiderate people who start talking and talking and talking...one gentleman in particular didn't want to let go of Rajwa...KEEP IT MOVING!

--
As I had mentioned earlier, the sitting arrangement was more beautifully done at Iman's wedding. It was too informal today for me, I hated the chairs.

He spent so much time talking to the bride, obviously Kate would want to chat with her, too! He is clearly as impatient as the press reports.

Last edited by a moderator:

A who's who bonanza!;)
You are right again. It would have been a big bash of well connected people if not for the pandemic and all, but oh well. She and Edo look great after greeting the King and Queen of Jordan.

The Sultan of Brunei has many children. Why does he always go to overseas royal events with Prince Abdul Mateen?
They always do that. Always travel together

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigh, I hope people don’t use those two photos for comparison. Especially those one-look commenters (who also comment “Haha Will and Kate in fourth row”) This photo is fairer For Iman’s wedding, the open glass frame, the trees, and the sunset glow was magical.

Speaking of retro-looking… the Red Motorcade. And it forms part of the Jordanian flag complete with white center!!!

Last edited:
One thing I noticed: A very real and dear hug between the Crown Prince and Princess Beatrice, and a VERY casual/friendly "dap handshake/hug" between Edo and the Crown Prince. They are clearly very close friends.

Back
Top Bottom