Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh? I have male friends that pull me into hugs or are otherwise tactile with me, and it doesn't mean they're trying to get in my pants. Even if he was being a bit flirty, so long as he's a) not trying to cheat on Zara and b) behaving in a way she already knows he behaves with other people, I'm not seeing the issue here.

People have tried it before with Mike with a photo of him dancing with someone and it turned out she was a good friend of both his and Zara’s.

I really think they have a pretty solid marriage and don’t much care what the press says and that’s healthy.

People have tried it before with Mike with a photo of him dancing with someone and it turned out she was a good friend of both his and Zara’s.

I really think they have a pretty solid marriage and don’t much care what the press says and that’s healthy.

Yeah, some people are just naturally flirty or tactile with people. You know, hugs, a hand on the back or shoulder, that kind of thing. They don't mean anything by it, they're not looking to step out on their partner or anything, that's just how they are. Maybe Mike likes to goof around with people like that. I certainly don't think it's shocking. LOL

Yeah, some people are just naturally flirty or tactile with people. You know, hugs, a hand on the back or shoulder, that kind of thing. They don't mean anything by it, they're not looking to step out on their partner or anything, that's just how they are. Maybe Mike likes to goof around with people like that. I certainly don't think it's shocking. LOL

I mean, if he wanted to step out on his wife without her knowledge, seems pretty obvious it wouldn’t be in front of literal tv cameras. (Not that I think that’s the case anyway, it just seems such an obvious point)

The only time I can recall anything is when Mike and Zara were newly-weds and there was a blonde he was canoodling with in a bar in NZ called Cowboys. The evidence there was pretty unequivocal but the couple got over it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-wife-Zara-Phillips-drunken-night-blonde.html

Interesting choice of article. That one is quite negative, but there were others that identified the woman in question as an ex of Mike’s who was friends with both of them and who was a guest at their wedding.

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/queenstown-lakes/tindall-mystery-blonde-revealed

Good lesson in that people see what they want in tabloid articles. That’s true for all of us, but the real interest is always what happens over time, rather than the moment. This one clearly proved over time to be nothing.

People will read what they want to into photographs. We will only see what it suits them to show us.

Interesting choice of article. That one is quite negative, but there were others that identified the woman in question as an ex of Mike’s who was friends with both of them and who was a guest at their wedding.

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/queenstown-lakes/tindall-mystery-blonde-revealed

Good lesson in that people see what they want in tabloid articles. That’s true for all of us, but the real interest is always what happens over time, rather than the moment. This one clearly proved over time to be nothing.

The Daily Mail is trash, anyway. I wouldn't trust them to tell me what color the sky was, much less anything else.

I have male friends that pull me into hugs or are otherwise tactile with me, and it doesn't mean they're trying to get in my pants. Even if he was being a bit flirty, so long as he's a) not trying to cheat on Zara and b) behaving in a way she already knows he behaves with other people, I'm not seeing the issue here. Considering we've never heard a whiff of him being unfaithful to her in all the years they've been together (and the British tabloids would jump on that in a trice), I'm not going to read more into it than is being presented.
It's the optics- how things look. He really should not be engaged in such behavior with anyone who is not a family member or his wife. That we've never heard of infidelity in their marriage means nothing. Plenty of infidelities start by something that was "innocent, harmless fun".

It's the optics- how things look. He really should not be engaged in such behavior with anyone who is not a family member or his wife. That we've never heard of infidelity in their marriage means nothing. Plenty of infidelities start by something that was "innocent, harmless fun".

You're reading far too much into something that is nothing. He didn't yank her pants down or grab her boobs. This was the absolute definition of a non-issue.

The idea that a man cannot goof around with other women because of "optics" is a sad, sorry indictment of how some people view relationships between men and women. If your relationship is secure, and if you have no reason to suspect the other person is going to screw around, then it shouldn't matter how they interact with the opposite sex. If you spend your whole life worried about how things look to other people, you'll be miserable until the day you die.

Actually I am not and we don't know the extent of things. We hope it is nothing for the sake of his and Zara's marriage.
But the reality of it is that we don't know. He's a public figure so he ought to always consider the optics! Ask Jack Brooksbank!

The whole thing's rather crass. It's just embarrassing.

Utterly embarrassing I agree. As a former rugby player most people couldn't care less but if he then appears as some future royal event because he's married to The King's niece then it just makes the family look like a laughing stock.

Why can't relatives of The King just act with a bit of dignity with at least some regard for the family that they're a part of?

"I'm a celebrity" is the very definition of crassness.

Last edited:

Agreed. If he was really with another intention that just goofing with people around him, probably a pattern he had since his sportsman days, he would never do this out in the open.

Here in New York the former male governor was forced out of his job on serious sexual harassment allegations by multiple women. The more scandalous allegations happened in close doors and the others at parties and filmed in cellphones the governor was not aware of nearby. It was quite disgusting. Yet, he got away because there was no evidence of the most serious ones and he dismissed the ones where he's touching, hugging and kissing, recorded in cells, as a 'cultural thing' he is used to do in his family. A real predator knows when to make his/her move and out in public being filmed for a TV show would be a no.

Tindall here doesn't seem to have any intention but to be his goofy self, and probably if the person in front of him on that board was a guy, he would have played the same scare-you joke on him, too.

Last edited:
Utterly embarrassing I agree. As a former rugby player most people couldn't care less but if he then appears as some future royal event because he's married to The King's niece then it just makes the family look like a laughing stock.

Why can't relatives of The King just act with a bit of dignity with at least some regard for the family that they're a part of?

"I'm a celebrity" is the very definition of crassness.

I think that ship sailed when they did the ill fated “its a royal knockout” followed by various divorces and other scandals. Will people be thinking of tampongate when Charles is crowned? or moaning when Andrew attends. Unless he wins, then most people will probably forget he was on it.

I think that ship sailed when they did the ill fated “its a royal knockout” followed by various divorces and other scandals. Will people be thinking of tampongate when Charles is crowned? or moaning when Andrew attends. Unless he wins, then most people will probably forget he was on it.

I agree about knockout. I tried to watch it once on youtube & I just couldn't! It's only redeeming feature was that it was for charity whereas I'm a celebrity is for money & personal gain.

But peoples' private lives should remain just that, private. Andrew of course is a very different thing altogether.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's "crass" about any of this. That he was goofing around with someone that isn't his wife or that he's appearing on a reality show. Whole lotta folks making a whole lotta value judgments about someone they don't know based on an article in a newspaper that isn't fit to line a parakeet's cage with.

...and I thought the state of the American news media was bad.

Absolutely nothing in any of those pictures was inappropriate, concerning, or criminal, so I'm not understanding what the hoo-rah is about. Considering Mike's personality, he'd have done that if the person in front of him was a guy. He's a "bloke's bloke", as my British friend likes to say. Anyway, appearing on a reality show is the least appalling thing a member of that family has done in the last 30 years, so look at this as a step up, rather than a step down.

The fact that a relatively close in law of the The King can appear on this sort of programme shows how far standards have sunk.

It won't do the rf any favours with many members of the public although I can see how some might dismiss it as inconsequential. It's all part of a general coarsening in public life. But admittedly, by no meant the worst example.

The fact that a relatively close in law of the The King can appear on this sort of programme shows how far standards have sunk.

It won't do the rf any favours with many members of the public although I can see how some might dismiss it as inconsequential. It's all part of a general coarsening in public life. But admittedly, by no meant the worst example.

I would like to think people in the UK have far more pressing things to worry about right now, like how they're going to pay their heating bills this winter, than the fact the king's nephew-in-law is on a reality TV show. I hate reality shows myself and never watch them, but I understand that a lot of people enjoy them because they don't require you to think. You just plop down in front of the TV and turn your brain off for half an hour or an hour, however long it's on. There's a time and a place for high-brow programming and low-brow programming.

One thing I would not do is say that people who enjoy that kind of TV are somehow lowering their standards or participating in the "coarsening" of society. That's a rather cheap shot.

I absolutely agree. I couldn't see Tindall taking part in this if the late Queen was still here then again he possibly signed up for it before her death as that was only weeks ago.

It's just not a good look. The photos show that when he grabbed the female crew member, his hand was clearly on her breast and this is only the start. Just my opinion of course.

It’s really fine. He sang a song today and that was it.

I don’t think it matters.

Utterly likeable, I really hope he wins !

I absolutely agree. I couldn't see Tindall taking part in this if the late Queen was still here then again he possibly signed up for it before her death as that was only weeks ago.

It's just not a good look. The photos show that when he grabbed the female crew member, his hand was clearly on her breast and this is only the start. Just my opinion of course.

Being a woman, I'm familiar with where my boobs are, and he wasn't grabbing her boobs. He grabbed her around the ribcage, and his hands were on her sides, not her chest. Let's not start accusing him of sexual battery.

I was going to ask that question, why is he on a reality show? :ohmy:

I understand they pay money per episode but still, why did he accept the invitation to start with? Does he have sport products endorsements like they do in the USA, that is now extended to high school athletes, to earn money? He seems to be a funny, down to earth guy to be around that could earn a living discussing sports on TV and not in a reality show.

I understand they pay money per episode but still, why did he accept the invitation to start with? Does he have sport products endorsements like they do in the USA, that is now extended to high school athletes, to earn money? He seems to be a funny, down to earth guy to be around that could earn a living discussing sports on TV and not in a reality show.

He does earn a living by discussing sports- he has a popular rugby podcast. His recent work is related to that- the Domino’s commercial was with his podcast mate, James Haskell, who did I’m A Celebrity in 2019. That’s the tie in.

I was wondering that. I can't imagine he would have done this if the late queen was still living. And there are disappointingly too many examples of people in public life adding to a general coarsening of society. This is not the worst example by any means.

He's doing what lots of celebrities do to earn money. And although he would still be well known to a certain extent because of his sports career his profile is of course greatly magnified by wife.

Rugby is not a mass sport in the UK like football but many of its players are well enough known to be celebrities of sorts but no rugby player has the profile of Beckham or Ronaldo.

I would like to think people in the UK have far more pressing things to worry about right now, like how they're going to pay their heating bills this winter, than the fact the king's nephew-in-law is on a reality TV show. I hate reality shows myself and never watch them, but I understand that a lot of people enjoy them because they don't require you to think. You just plop down in front of the TV and turn your brain off for half an hour or an hour, however long it's on. There's a time and a place for high-brow programming and low-brow programming.

One thing I would not do is say that people who enjoy that kind of TV are somehow lowering their standards or participating in the "coarsening" of society. That's a rather cheap shot.

It's not dignified for The King's nephew in law to be participating in this sort of programme. That's not a a criticism of the programme or the viewers. The programme is what it is & forms part of a continuum of British popular entertainment stretching back into tv history. People are free to watch what they want.

The coarsening is the participation of someone who a generation or more back would simply not have been part of this sort of entertainment. The same point can be made about the presence of a British MP & recent member of the government.

As someone who is not a tactile person the pictures of Mike grabbing the blond women made me instinctively uncomfortable. I might accept actions like that from my brothers or a boyfriend but not anyone else. I would laugh it off instead of making a big deal, but it would make me uncomfortable around the person for awhile.

I'm not saying this is what happened or that the woman feels like I would, I just want to remind everyone brushing the photos off that sometimes it can be inappropriate. There are people who aren't okay with casual touch and even if you are a tactile person that boundary needs to be respected.

Again not accusing Mike or anyone else of anything, especially not based off of photos, just providing another perspective.

Last edited:
Yes it can be inappropriate, my earlier point is really around it is a split second . We do not know what happened leading up to it, or how well known he is to the female involved.
We maybe over analyse at times, and quick to judge.

Back
Top Bottom