Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The comments to this DM article aren’t flattering to Mike. ‘Tacky’ is being used. And ‘couldn’t he have waited a while before doing this?’

Last edited:

Bunte online, the German tabloid, had a bit about the advertisement income of the Tindalls - they were citing the Daily Mail.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisc...sie-und-mike-tindall-gemeinsam-millionen.html

I was hestitant to post it, but if we have this ad for Domino's pizza here...

So, the Tindalls are supposed to make one million Pound (1,14 million €uro) annually. Their main partners are Rolex and Land Rover.

I think, this is interesting, since there was some 'hello' about the Danish turmoil: The stripping of some Princes of their titles. Something similiar might follow in the UK. But as one can see, the Tindalls as not-royals make some money with their still very good names. So, losing or having no title is not the end -there is still a soft pillow!

Anybody else beginning to despair at the antics of various members of the monarch's family monetising their connections. What is wrong with these people? So vulgar.

Last edited:
Anybody else beginning to despair at the antics of various members of the monarch's family? What is wrong with these people?

I don’t understand this as a take. Mike Tindall was famous before he met Zara and they are both successful separate from the royal family. Neither has a title or receives any funding from the royal family. Zara’s 20th in the line of succession- not even close.

Presumably, no one believes they should be supported, but they do need to support themselves. This is the kind of thing it’s common for retired athletes like Mike to do.

It says it all that Mike appears in the advert with James Haskell - another now retired England international rugby player. Why would they get them both if it's all really only because of Mike's royal connections?

It is what sports people do.

I'd rather they did this as the only alternative as I see it is to tell all members of the wider RF what they can and can't do as employment or even worse to put them all on taxpayer funded allowances so there can't be any conflict.

Zara and Mike have done this sort of stuff for years, its gained prominence (and criticism) because some now compare it to what other members of the RF are now doing. But remember - Zara and Mike never had an official working role in the RF never had a taxpayer funded house, wedding etc. Both are clearly exceptionally good sports people who have represented their country at international level - this the "career path" for such people.

I don’t understand this as a take. Mike Tindall was famous before he met Zara and they are both successful separate from the royal family. Neither has a title or receives any funding from the royal family. Zara’s 20th in the line of succession- not even close.

Presumably, no one believes they should be supported, but they do need to support themselves. This is the kind of thing it’s common for retired athletes like Mike to do.

In the advert he references "friends in high places". That's the vulgar part.

He didn't have to say that. Most people in Britain know him as a sportsman. If he just sticks to making money from his sporting career no one would object. But he had to go that one step too far.

Admittedly it's not as bad as his brother in law's toe-curlingy infamous milk advert.

The comments to this DM article aren’t flattering to Mike. ‘Tacky’ is being used. And ‘couldn’t he have waited a while before doing this?’
The worst place to ever visit is the DM comment section.

Zara and Mike were never working royals and will never be and they make their own independent incomes so this is a non-story. Did he actually say that he has friends in high places or was that a Daily Mail fake quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara and Mike were never working royals and will never be and they make their own independent incomes so this is a non-story. Did he actually say that he has friends in high places or was that a Daily Mail game quote?

He did, but it was very clearly a joke- it was a skit about him arriving via helicopter to deliver Domino’s pizza to his fellow podcast host, who doesn’t let him come to the party. It’s silly and on brand for their podcast.

He did, but it was very clearly a joke- it was a skit about him arriving via helicopter to deliver Domino’s pizza to his fellow podcast host, who doesn’t let him come to the party. It’s silly and on brand for their podcast.
Exactly so it’s really a non-story and he didn’t mention any names of royals or explicitly imply any connection to royals so it’s fine.

Has anyone seen Marlene’s post on royal musings about this? It’s very good and simple explanation of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly so it’s really a non-story and he didn’t mention any names of royals or explicitly imply any connection to royals so it’s fine.

I agree. I don’t think it’s something anyone would even pretend to care about if the Tindalls hadn’t been recently the subject of a PR campaign comparing them to other members of the family who do have titles, are much closer up the line of succession, and who also received a public wedding that cost in excess of £30,000,000.

It’s comparing apples to oranges but people are doing it.

I think though that the seeming price tag for that particular wedding was very much exaggerated by some media outlets.

In my experience it's rare to find any "flattering" remarks in the DM comment section. So it's not that unusual that it's happening to Mike.

I agree. I don’t think it’s something anyone would even pretend to care about if the Tindalls hadn’t been recently the subject of a PR campaign comparing them to other members of the family who do have titles, are much closer up the line of succession, and who also received a public wedding that cost in excess of £30,000,000.

It’s comparing apples to oranges but people are doing it.
Marlene in her blog addresses this and yes it is absurd for people to bring it up. Anyone who knows the Tindalls knows that they are private individuals with talents regardless of their connections which they don’t exploit and have never exploited.

Last edited:
I’m a Celebrity is really tacky, but I think the Tindalls get away with things because they’re so popular.

I’m a Celebrity is really tacky, but I think the Tindalls get away with things because they’re so popular.

I think no one minds as they have other strings to their bows. I will probably probably watch bits of it, but I don’t really know anyone apart from Boy George and Mike so probably will make do with the multiple daily articles in the mail:)

Well, exactly for that reason Zara was not titled. Of course it is a question of taste but in case of Mike, it's exactly what a sportperson whose career is over would eventually do, to make money. They have to finance themselves somehow, although I am sure Zara will inherit some money now.

Never mind Tindall, I'm looking at the pictures below with Boy George in front of him and wondering if there's ever a time he is not in a look-at-me costume and makeup? I just can't take him seriously and he's not even a comedian.

Last edited:
Until we hear a complaint from the woman involved I don't see an issue with it. Looks like two people having a laugh to me unless there is more they aren't showing (which would be unheard of for the DM)

Until we hear a complaint from the woman involved I don't see an issue with it. Looks like two people having a laugh to me unless there is more they aren't showing (which would be unheard of for the DM)

I don't see an issue with it because they are just goofing around the plank to get to a boat. This year we took two local cruises, down the Mohawk and the Hudson rivers, and to this day the worst part is boarding that moving platform that swings side to side when you have a crowd on it.

Of course ! Can't people have a laugh any longer ?:eek:

Oh boy...this could be (mis)interpreted as flirtation. Not a good look Mike!

Oh boy...this could be (mis)interpreted as flirtation. Not a good look Mike!

I have male friends that pull me into hugs or are otherwise tactile with me, and it doesn't mean they're trying to get in my pants. Even if he was being a bit flirty, so long as he's a) not trying to cheat on Zara and b) behaving in a way she already knows he behaves with other people, I'm not seeing the issue here. Considering we've never heard a whiff of him being unfaithful to her in all the years they've been together (and the British tabloids would jump on that in a trice), I'm not going to read more into it than is being presented.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom