Queen Mathilde Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this the first State Visit Queen Mathilde has worn the Nine Provinces Tiara with the Wolfers necklace?

Yes. Usually she only wears no necklace when wearing the full nine provinces tiara for State Banquets

The Queen should have worn the parure how Queen Fabiola did , without her fringe earrings but Fabiola's earrings. Where are Fabiolas bracelets ??

Great look.

Actually it is Nine Provinces + Wolfers necklace + Diamond Fringe Earrings + Diamond Bracelet + Aquamarine bracelet!

And a sapphire ring apparently. A bit of a mismatch actually.

Queen Mathilde wore her Laurel Wreath as necklace!

Queen Mathilde's sister Elisabeth's wedding tiara in 2006:

1 2

Lovely pieces! I can already foresee they will be borrowed by Elisabeth :D

I don't recall seeing them before!

I missed that and I've not seen Queen Mathilde doing that before.
It looks really nice and inventive.

Not with this brooch but in Greece she wore the fringe brooch in her hair.
Unfortunately we seldom become good pics from the royal Ladies at such occasions so it is difficult to notice.

Gorgeous but I think they suit the queen more than her daughter.

Doesn’t Beatrice casigarhi have a similar pair?

This necklace is not new. She wore for the first time at Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday gala

It's new as this is only the second time she has wore it. And it's not a family heirloom, so it's a "new" piece in her collection.

Her Majesty wearing the Nine Provinces base, her diamond fringe earrings and new diamond necklace.

That is the same necklace she wore recently in Norway, isn't it? So it is not exactly new. But, for a black tie dinner, I must say I am surprised the Queen is wearing both the base of the Nine Provinces and a necklace.

EDIT: Sorry, I saw now that Doro had already made a similar comment.

Last edited:
Never Queen Paola wore its base as tiara but as necklace , Princess Lilian wore its base once in 1958 , Queen Fabiola wore its base not very often.
The Queen is perfect this night but I dislike her earrings.

I noticed a ruby and diamond bracelet on Queen Mathilde's left wrist. Does anyone know the history of this bracelet?

Back
Top Bottom