Queen Mathilde Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is Queen Elisabeth’s Diamond Bandeau still available for Queen Mathilde to wear?
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/09/09/queen-elisabeths-diamond-bandeau-2/

Probably being saved up for Elisabeth (could be worn by Maria Luisa for her eventual wedding), I think Mathilde will only wear the Nine Provinces and the Laurel Wreath. I've given up hope that the family will ever buy back Queen Elisabeth's diamond tiara.

So Elisabeth would have her birthday tiara, the Wolfers and the Cartier Bandeau to wear for the next couple of years.

The neckline of that gown is perfect for that necklace.

Perfect jewels with a perfect dress and hairstyle, what a treat. I imagine the necklace is contemporary

Perfect jewels with a perfect dress and hairstyle, what a treat. I imagine the necklace is contemporary

Agreed. Whilst I am no fan of the necklace, I think its design works well with the neckline of the gown.

First day , a mic mac of diamond jewels . The earrings are to much and to modern. She should have worn Queen Fabiola's pearl earrings.

Beautiful jewels on the queen for the Gala at the Bellevue Palace!

Queen Mathilde's tiara appearances of 2023:

1 2 3

When we see the additions all together its very impressive and the queen has done wonders acquiring new pieces to help fill the depleted Belgian jewel chest.

Very fair point.

I sincerely hope the Queen Elizabeth bandeau ends up with Mathilde or Elizabeth after Queen Paola.

Very fair point.

I sincerely hope the Queen Elizabeth bandeau ends up with Mathilde or Elizabeth after Queen Paola.

Yes I hope its left in the main line and with the jewels recently bought and left by queen Fabiola the jewel chest is being replenished.

Is Queen Elisabeth’s Diamond Bandeau still available for Queen Mathilde to wear?
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2022/09/09/queen-elisabeths-diamond-bandeau-2/

The Diamond Bandeau belongs to Queen Paola. Mathilde wore it only once at her wedding to the Duke of Brabant (it was her wedding tiara).

After King Albert II's abdication, the Diamond Bandeau was worn in public once by Princess Astrid at a state dinner in Belgium. Princess Amedeo (i.e., Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein) also wore it as her wedding tiara. Based on those 2 most recent appearances of the Bandeau, it is possible that Queen Paola has gifted it to Princess Astrid and that the tiara is now in possession of the Austria-Este family, but its exact status is unknown.

The Diamond Bandeau belongs to Queen Paola. Mathilde wore it only once at her wedding to the Duke of Brabant (it was her wedding tiara).

After King Albert II's abdication, the Diamond Bandeau was worn in public once by Princess Astrid at a state dinner in Belgium. Princess Amedeo (i.e., Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein) also wore it as her wedding tiara. Based on those 2 most recent appearances of the Bandeau, it is possible that Queen Paola has gifted it to Princess Astrid and that the tiara is now in possession of the Austria-Este family, but its exact status is unknown.

I agree, difficult to tell where the tiara ends up, based on usage since the abdication.

Though insubstantial in itself, the brooch is a good addition to Mathilde's growing collection. I have no doubt it was acquired at an attractive valuation.
Queen Mathilde is most certainly building up a fine collection of brooches!

Indeed bought at an Auction to gether with the sapphire brooch.

Bought from different auctions in different years.

Queen Paola has a wonderful flower Brooch but I think she will not give it to Queen Mathilde;

I agree. What she has will mainly go to Astrid, Claire and their daughters. They're clearly her favorites.

Back
Top Bottom