Queen Letizia Jewels, 2: Jan. 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that Queen Letizia wore in Copenhagen the same sapphire earrings that Queen Sofia wore in that Court Jeweller article online.
Queen Letizia also wore a third pair of grand sapphire earrings in London during King Felipe's state visit to the UK.
Therefore, the Spanish royal ladies have at least three pairs of grand sapphire earrings, as far as I can tell. (I doubt they borrow jewels like the Monaco ladies.)
In the past, Queen Sofia wore a sapphire suite, making yet a fourth pair of evening sapphire earrings. Wow. Queen Sofia wore this sapphire suite in Ottawa, Canada in the 1980s.

Would probably work much better. We could see that with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Empire tiara. The one time she wore it with a bigger hairstyle it looked great on her

That Maria Teresa at Victoria and Daniel wedding vibes.

And Letizia should change her hairdresser.

The link to queen Sofia wearing those earrings worked yesterday, not anymore. Here's link to queen Sofia wearing them:
Queen Sofia’s Sensational Royal Sapphires

The big tiara doesn't suit Letizia and the earrings don't suit the tiara at all. The earrings look better for queen Sofia.

I wonder if Queen Sofia gifted her sapphire and diamond earrings to her daughter in law or if they are just a loan?

I wonder if Queen Sofia gifted her sapphire and diamond earrings to her daughter in law or if they are just a loan?
I think they might be gifted to K.Felipe/Letizia with the option that she carries herself. Maybe she started something like a Foundation, like in sweden? Years ago It was suggested she gifted her jewels to Letizia/Felipe, but after she wore the sapphire parure in Jordan Im not sure anymore.

Even though I love the tiara and those sapphire earrings, they don't go well together. And I think big tiaras don't suit Letizia, since she is quite petite to wear them (it feels like they consume her, it looks overwhelming).

I went to see pictures of her past tiara appearances, and she looks lovely in all those small-medium tiaras (Prussian, Shell, Floral, Princess). The Fleur de Lys and Maria Christina's Loop are NO for me. I still have mixed feelings about the Cartier (wish to see more appearances to decide).

I believe Leonor will look better with the big tiaras than her mother since she has fuller hair.

I wonder if we'll ever see Letizia with Niarchos Ruby Bandeau? Or perphaps it will go to Leonor instead.

Last edited:
Letizia is in a very prominent position and, I would have thought that she would like to turn out especially chic and elegant and slay them in the isles with her beautiful ensembles from her wardrobe and jewellery chest, in short, be Queen Letizia of Spain and adorned spectacularly from her wardrobe and jewel vault, But no . . . she routinely just seem to slap it all on and hope for the best.

This is such a good description of how her combinations appear. Just slap it on and hope for the best!

Queen Sofia has the best personal jewel collection in the SRF and nice to see the emerald and diamond earrings!

Sensibly it appears Sofia is passing on or long term loaning her jewels to Letizia and we can also presume future generations of Spanish royal ladies.

The link to queen Sofia wearing those earrings worked yesterday, not anymore. Here's link to queen Sofia wearing them:
Queen Sofia’s Sensational Royal Sapphires

The big tiara doesn't suit Letizia and the earrings don't suit the tiara at all. The earrings look better for queen Sofia.

Yes, Queen Sofia did wear these earrings, the earrings worn by Queen Letizia in Copenhagen.
Then the Spanish royals still have another three pairs of sapphire and diamond earrings. Wow.

I don't think that Queen Letizia wore in Copenhagen the same sapphire earrings that Queen Sofia wore in that Court Jeweller article online.
Queen Letizia also wore a third pair of grand sapphire earrings in London during King Felipe's state visit to the UK.
Therefore, the Spanish royal ladies have at least three pairs of grand sapphire earrings, as far as I can tell. (I doubt they borrow jewels like the Monaco ladies.)

I have to disagree: the earrrings that Letizia wore in Copenhagen are, IMO, the same as the ones previously worn by Queen Sofia. Queen Sofia has also worn the matching sapphire and diamond bracelet, I think in Bangkok.

I have to disagree: the earrrings that Letizia wore in Copenhagen are, IMO, the same as the ones previously worn by Queen Sofia. Queen Sofia has also worn the matching sapphire and diamond bracelet, I think in Bangkok.

They are exactly the same, and Sofía also wore a ring. Sofia also has a set of sapphire earrings and necklace that she has worn on multiple occasions, and whose earrings Letizia has also worn.

https://images.hola.com/imagenes/mo...s-zafiros-frankfurt/1-153-744/expolook1-z.jpg
https://media.revistavanityfair.es/photos/60e84096220d3ca7e332cc95/master/w_1600,c_limit/165654.jpg

Letizia has worn three pairs of sapphire earrings that Sofía has never worn.

https://s03.s3c.es/imag/_v0/640x700/2/4/5/letizia-sorie.jpg
https://www.lecturas.com/medio/2023/05/06/letizia_40571ac4_230506190558_800x800.jpg
https://phantom-elmundo.unidadedito...imedia/imagenes/2020/04/07/15862714188845.jpg

For the return event in the evening, Letizia wore the Joyas de Pesar earrings

For the return event in the evening, Letizia wore the Joyas de Pesar earrings

A bracelet or a bangle would have been nice additions to the bare arms look.

I hope she switches the earrings in the state banquet and return banquet. These big diamond earrings suit the FdL much better while the sapphire earrings would stand out with this black dress.

"Today, I am pleased to rewrite the history of a pair of earrings that are quite recognizable and have been in the spotlight in recent weeks. They consist of a pair of hoops where diamonds and aquamarines are interspersed, and which hold a pair of diamond circles and two pear-cut aquamarines. The hanging part is removable, allowing the person wearing them to use only the upper rings.

These earrings are an original design by Aldao, a century-old Madrid jewellery store that has a close relationship with the Royal House, and were a gift from Don Felipe, then Prince of Asturias, to Doña Letizia, on the occasion of the birth of the future heiress of the Crown, Infanta Leonor, on October 31, 2005."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz3721soJ7u/

"Today, I am pleased to rewrite the history of a pair of earrings that are quite recognizable and have been in the spotlight in recent weeks. They consist of a pair of hoops where diamonds and aquamarines are interspersed, and which hold a pair of diamond circles and two pear-cut aquamarines. The hanging part is removable, allowing the person wearing them to use only the upper rings.

These earrings are an original design by Aldao, a century-old Madrid jewellery store that has a close relationship with the Royal House, and were a gift from Don Felipe, then Prince of Asturias, to Doña Letizia, on the occasion of the birth of the future heiress of the Crown, Infanta Leonor, on October 31, 2005."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz3721soJ7u/

They were long thought to be from Bulgari, good to see that the jeweller has been clarified.

So very happy to hear this. Aldao deserves proper credit for these gorgeous earrings. So glad it's a Spanish jeweler.

They were long thought to be from Bulgari, good to see that the jeweller has been clarified.

Yes I'm glad that this has been clarified and I also thought that they were from Bulgari!

Queen Letizia's tiara appearances of 2023:

1 2

The Queen wore a small gold and diamond earrings at the Pascua Militar reception at the Royal Palace in Madrid on January 6th, 2024.
Though the earrings are lovely I personally think the occasional warranted a better and more stand out pair of earrings.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...a-to-celebrate-pascua-militar.html#more-52741

They are very delicate earrings and more suited for the average daily engagement. For this very traditional annual event I wish she wore some of her bigger pieces

Nice that she brings that one finally out agin. Only a pity that the neckline of her gown obscures it a bit.

I had forgotten all about it. It looks quite nice. And the earrings are lovely too. It is an understated piece and for important events she has much more impressive pieces available, but it is nice for more low-key events.

Back
Top Bottom