Prince Henrik's Plans for his Final Resting Place: August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duc: I think the only reason it seems that Frederik and Mary are so happy is that these days every phone has a camera and every camera a long lens. They are more readily visible by virtue of technology than Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were when their family was young.

It also comes down to the differing natures and generations of people. Frederik and Mary are both "touchers", for want of a better description. Margrethe and Henrik come from an earlier generation where that was never so obvious in public but Henrik has said many times he loved and still loves his wife. Margrethe seems to adore him too because many women would have kicked him to the curb the first time he threw an embarrassing public hissy fit.

Nordic: The reason I gave Frederik's 18 birthday as a marker is because he achieved his majority and with it a seat on the Council of State, and was empowered to assume the duties of Head of State in the absence of his mother.

Last edited:
Let's say that the possibility PH having an organic (or possibly even psychiatric) illness causing his behaviors is true. Would there or could there be a time when he would be isolated or "sent away" to prevent potential similar situations? Under what circumstances would or could that happen?

It would take a doctor to commit him to closed psychiatric treatment behind lock and key. - What is required to do that, apart from PH having to be a danger to himself or others, I don't know.
If he is no longer able to look after himself he can be "umyndiggjort" (= disempowered?) and have a guardian appointed to look after his interests, usually the spouse. That would be a court order, based on a medical statement by doctors.
In both cases he can be "locked up" and the PET officirs, being policemen, would have the authority to keep him back or bring him back by force, should he try to leave.

Did Queen Margrethe murder Prince Henrik with a submarine? Because that's what I'd be tempted to do at this point if I was her.

Seriously, I still don't think Henrik has dementia but it has crossed my mind that he might be depressed. That can happen after an illness and hospitalization like he had. Or maybe the depression is long term and he was taken off, (or took himself off), an antidepressant. If it was something like that I would hope he and the family at some point feel they can be honest about it, but I do think illnesses like depression are still more stigmatized than dementia so it might also explain their reluctance to make some sort of statement.

If Henrik is sick or struggling in any way I understand the immediate priority has to be helping him through the worst of whatever's going on. But I still think some sort of action or at least acknowledgement of the situation needs to happen sooner rather than later.

? Yeah,wouldn't blame her either. The submarine story is developing, we shall know more when the suspect appears before court about now actually.

Back on topic. I think it would be a sound move to go public if or when PH has been diagnosed with whatever may be wrong with him. Until then we may have to assume there is nothing wrong with him and that makes him the leading contender for the Grumpy Old Man of the Decade Award.
It may be embarrassing for PH to have such a diagnose published but what he is doing now is even more embarrassing - for him as well!
And it would help put focus on others who may suffer from the same thing.

Benedikte is a Widow
Margarethe and Anne Marie have ill husbands.

I just looked at some footage from the Cours of 2002 that started all of this and I have some comments.
Prince Henrik was furious because in the absence of his wife the Queen he had to witness their son the Crown Prince take her place and host the official Denmark in his fathers house something PH felt should have been his place as the consort of QM.
The thing is Queen Margrethe was present at the greeting of the Governement at the New Years Cour and then she left before the dinner which was hosted by PH.
Later at the Diplomats reception at Christiansborg (which is not the house of PH) the Prince took first place and was greeted by everyone first before the Crown Prince who only stepped in to give the speech greeting the diplomats usually given by QM. All this is in line with the Constitution that states that if the King isnt present he is represented by the heir.
As the Pater familias Prince Henrik was the host at all the Cours of 2002 except for when it was interpreted that the constitution demanded that the Heir to the throne step in to represent the King.

Could you provide a link to this footage?

It would take a doctor to commit him to closed psychiatric treatment behind lock and key. - What is required to do that, apart from PH having to be a danger to himself or others, I don't know.
If he is no longer able to look after himself he can be "umyndiggjort" (= disempowered?) and have a guardian appointed to look after his interests, usually the spouse. That would be a court order, based on a medical statement by doctors.
In both cases he can be "locked up" and the PET officirs, being policemen, would have the authority to keep him back or bring him back by force, should he try to leave.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Prince Henrik is a physical danger to himself or others. He is showing poor judgment, but unless it causes physical harm, at least here in the US, there is nothing anyone can do. Saying stupid things unless it incites a riot or something is not actionable.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Prince Henrik is a physical danger to himself or others. He is showing poor judgment, but unless it causes physical harm, at least here in the US, there is nothing anyone can do. Saying stupid things unless it incites a riot or something is not actionable.

Thank you for pointing this out. The days when someone who showed the least bit of non mainstream behavior was locked up are over, thank goodness. I think that the DRF may just have to keep stiff upper lips and tolerate PH's unpleasant eccentricity, just the way ordinary families do. It's not the end of the world, just a sad part of life.

It's been a hectic few months around here, so while checking in every so often, for the most part I've been getting my Royal info from Twitter &/or YouTube. So when I saw on YouTube last week a video w/a brief description of what Prince Henrik's latest rant was? The following was witnessed by my Mom, as we were both at the Dining Room Table...

Me seeing the Video Title/Link : Oh no, he didn't!?!

Pause, then after watching enough to know what's going on : Oh no, he DID!!

Which was followed by me putting my head in my hands & calling Prince Henrik a stupid idiot!! Also repeated more than once to my Mom, "I just can not believe he did this to Queen Margarethe & his Family. Not to mention Denmark as well."

I was in a state of sheer shock & thought I'd wait to comment until that had worn off & I'd read the thread. Then I got nailed by a bug on the Weekend & today's the 1st I've felt it's finally gone or going, so...

I stand by my first reaction of him being a stupid idiot. In one fell swoop, he basically threw away any good he's done in Denmark during his life as HRH Prince/Prince Consort Henrik of Denmark & hurt his Wife & Family in the worst, most hurtful, most cruel way I can think of.

Now Mom, as many have here, brought up Dementia/Alzheimer's as a factor & if it was anyone else, I'd be wondering that myself. However this isn't the first time Prince Henrik's pulled an immature public stunt like this over this issue. This time though? He's well & truly crossed a line that can't be undone.

I feel so sorry for Her Majesty. No one deserves to be treated like this. No one. None of the choices in front of her are easy ones, but IMO something needs to be done & no later than next week. What that is, I have no idea, but if it was me? An Official Separation & also a cut from his Apanage.

He's not only embarrassed his Wife & Family, but Denmark too. The very Country that accepted him because their Princess, then Queen loved him. Due to that, he was now a Member of the greater Danish Family/Tribe from all I've learned over the years here at TRF. Well, Henrik has made his feelings crystal clear on that front & IMO shouldn't be seeing another kroner, or less of them, as a result.

For me, that says it all. ALL. This was a highly intelligent worldly diplomat. No one held a gun to his head and forced him to sign away his identity, his religion, or his prerogatives.

He needs to sleep in the bed he made for himself or stay at Caix permanently and rest in an entirely different bed altogether.

Poor Frederik! There must be nothing so awkward and painful as having a father who is envious and perhaps resentful of you.:sad:

Exactly!! Those attempting to "defend" what's beyond defending seem to miss this very point. This wasn't some naive nobody w/stardust in his eyes, but a trained Diplomat who knew what he was getting into.

Regarding Frederick, I actually posted in the other thread about Prince Henrik & this issue, that perhaps choosing to join the elite of the elite of the Danish Military wasn't just Frederick wanting to be one of them. Maybe part of it was also, "If I achieve this, then maybe Dad will be proud of me finally." Obviously I have no idea if that's true or not, but it is something I've pondered about.

thank you Muhler for the translations. ( i have shorten it to quote it here). This for me is a frustrating interview. He just does not care about anything or anyone else but his precious title. He says that privately he is equal and in charge of his household, but that does not matter, he wants the title. So it's not about being treated "equal", its about having a fancy title.
He seems to dismissed his happy marriage and the love of his wife because he is focused on only one thing. Very selfish! For him its title first then wife second.
And how very disrespectful towards Denmark, who have given him everything.

Pretty much how I feel about this as well. That Interview is...The fact that boggled me that is he doesn't understand why the Danes should be upset by this. That one *really* shot the eyebrows up.

*snipped*

Looking back to the quotes from his sons regarding this matter;
Joachim "I have been aware of it for a while, and it is as my mother has already said: We all accepted it"
Frederik "I only have to say that I'm really sorry for my father's decision in a lot of ways. More can not be said about this matter at the moment".

I think for Frederik looking at this issue must have been hard. As both a son and as the heir. As a son, to deal with your father refusing to be buried with your mom over a title. To deal with him bringing this up over and over with his public rants. To see the strong words by his father to his mother, in public! As heir, to feel that resentment from Henrik, when you are only doing your duty and role as Crown Prince in representing the Queen.

But of course, if Henrik has complete disregard over how his wife feels, Im guessing he does not care about his sons opinions. Or his family, for at least 2 of his grandkids, Nikolai and Felix are at the age active in social media and seeing their grandfather show no respect.

I know. Frederick's in a no win situation here & not by his choice either. I really felt for him & Mary this week...Here it is, First Day of School for the Twins, the last chicks to do so & a Major Milestone for them all &...[emoji17]

You know, I forget Joachim's two oldest are teens (time flies) & using Social Media. You're right about, not just seeing it talked about everywhere, but also what some of the Comments must be like. Being active on Twitter, I can easily imagine & ...What an unholy mess their Grandfather's unleashed. [emoji17]

And what if he has had to deal with that resentment since his 18th birthday when he became Crown Prince. Being regent (which his father isn't), becoming member of the State Council (which his father isn't), holding audiences (which his father doesn't) and so on...

Exactly!! Someone as proud as Prince Henrik's shown himself to be would not take any of that well. At all.

Thank God Frederick went to that bar in Sydney that night in 2000 & met Mary. She really has helped him grow into his role & bolster his confidence as well. To borrow from Queen Elizabeth II : She is his rock & he is hers as well. Denmark is fortunate to have them.

I only have 2 more things to say & they both go to Muhler...

1 ~ Thank You!! If it wasn't for all hard work you do in the Danish Forums, not just translating articles & videos for us, but also explaining to us what it all means in the context of Danish Customs & Values...I've said it before, but I have learned so much about Denmark over the years from you. Thank You does not seem to be enoughto cover it, but Thank You!!

2 ~ WE'RE NOT WORTHY...WE'RE NOT WORTHY...WE'RE NOT WORTHY...WE'RE NOT WORTHY...

[emoji4]

? Thank you.

You pretty much summed up what I too keep ending up thinking.

And you certainly have a point in regards to Frederik! - It's IMO not a question as to whether PH does not love Frederik, he does, I'm sure.
I think it has much to do with PH demanding a lot from his sons, while having problems accepting if they then happen to do better than their father.
And in that respect Frederik has very much succeeded!

Frederik did make it in the special forces - while PH served in military intelligence during the Algerian War.
Frederik has reached a level of popularity that PH, even on his best days, has never reached.
Frederik changed from a somewhat immature and very insecure young man who was reluctant to carry out his duties to a confident, mature man. A modern man, who rests within himself and who is now considered ready to take over, indeed many (not all, but many) now look very much forward to taking over. Frederik's personal development has been a steady progress, while PH in many cases has regressed.
Frederik married a woman, who not only turned out to be a great partner in life but also on the job. M&F are developing as a couple, rather as two people who are married and still love each other but in many ways have separate lives.
Frederik is the father of four children who, I have no reason to doubt, love and admire their father, but also respect him and who first and foremost are not reluctant to go to him if they have issues.
PH no doubt loves his sons but he also made very sure they respected, perhaps even to a considerable degree feared him! And he lacked the empathy that a father must also have.

So Frederik has superseded his dad, not only Constitutionally speaking but very much so also on a personal level.

? Thank you.

You pretty much summed up what I too keep ending up thinking.

And you certainly have a point in regards to Frederik! - It's IMO not a question as to whether PH does not love Frederik, he does, I'm sure.
I think it has much to do with PH demanding a lot from his sons, while having problems accepting if they then happen to do better than their father.
And in that respect Frederik has very much succeeded!

Frederik did make it in the special forces - while PH served in military intelligence during the Algerian War.
Frederik has reached a level of popularity that PH, even on his best days, has never reached.
Frederik changed from a somewhat immature and very insecure young man who was reluctant to carry out his duties to a confident, mature man. A modern man, who rests within himself and who is now considered ready to take over, indeed many (not all, but many) now look very much forward to taking over. Frederik's personal development has been a steady progress, while PH in many cases has regressed.
Frederik married a woman, who not only turned out to be a great partner in life but also on the job. M&F are developing as a couple, rather as two people who are married and still love each other but in many ways have separate lives.
Frederik is the father of four children who, I have no reason to doubt, love and admire their father, but also respect him and who first and foremost are not reluctant to go to him if they have issues.
PH no doubt loves his sons but he also made very sure they respected, perhaps even to a considerable degree feared him! And he lacked the empathy that a father must also have.

So Frederik has superseded his dad, not only Constitutionally speaking but very much so also on a personal level.

While I agree Frederik has many wonderful qualities, (and you know my feelings about Henrik's behaviour), he's also had advantages his father didn't. As Margrethe's heir from birth he's always known exactly what was expected of him. He's never needed to try to fit himself into a completely foreign way of life like Henrik did.

Frederik was also fortunate enough to marry a woman who has adapted amazingly well to her life in Denmark, has gone from strength to strength in her role as Crown Princess, but who has never tried to overshadow her husband. As an outsider looking in, it seems Frederik benefits a lot from Mary's strengths. For example, he's still not a great public speaker. Would the Danes be as tolerant of that if he didn't have a very articulate wife to balance things out? Also, he and Mary have had the good fortune to seemingly be one of those couples that have remained a good fit on a personal level. Not just that they still love each other but also that they still have similar values, life goals, interests, ideas about bringing up their children, etc. A successful long term marriage requires hard work, of course, but some of it also comes down to pure luck and it seems M and F have been luckier than many.

And finally, let's not forget that Frederik still has 30 years of living to get through before he's as old as his father is now. And those 30 years will include some major challenges. We really don't know how Frederik will be seen when he's 80+ years old. I hope he and Mary are the beloved elderly King and Queen surrounded by happy and healthy children and grandchildren, but only time will tell.

While I agree Frederik has many wonderful qualities, (and you know my feelings about Henrik's behaviour), he's also had advantages his father didn't. As Margrethe's heir from birth he's always known exactly what was expected of him. He's never needed to try to fit himself into a completely foreign way of life like Henrik did.

Frederik was also fortunate enough to marry a woman who has adapted amazingly well to her life in Denmark, has gone from strength to strength in her role as Crown Princess, but who has never tried to overshadow her husband. As an outsider looking in, it seems Frederik benefits a lot from Mary's strengths. For example, he's still not a great public speaker. Would the Danes be as tolerant of that if he didn't have a very articulate wife to balance things out? Also, he and Mary have had the good fortune to seemingly be one of those couples that have remained a good fit on a personal level. Not just that they still love each other but also that they still have similar values, life goals, interests, ideas about bringing up their children, etc. A successful long term marriage requires hard work, of course, but some of it also comes down to pure luck and it seems M and F have been luckier than many.

And finally, let's not forget that Frederik still has 30 years of living to get through before he's as old as his father is now. And those 30 years will include some major challenges. We really don't know how Frederik will be seen when he's 80+ years old. I hope he and Mary are the beloved elderly King and Queen surrounded by happy and healthy children and grandchildren, but only time will tell.

That Frederik's life was predestined may not have been that big an advantage initially.
It is absolutely no secret that Frederik struggled with coming to terms with the fact that he is eventually to become king.
No wonder. As a sensitive and essentially shy person, that must have been difficult, not to mention daunting! - Having a demanding and even to some extent at least, a jealous dad can't have made things easier for him.

I don't think it matters so much to the Danes, that Mary is very eloquent. Not in regards to Frederik, who to be honest, isn't a very good speaker. Neither when speaking in general or when giving speeches. That's one of his weaknesses. He does however pull it off more and more often now. But as late as when the twins were to go to school, Mary expressed herself much clearer than Frederik!
I think Frederik is being generally forgiven, not by all but generally forgiven, for his poor public speaking skills, it's down to mainly two things:
A) Frederik himself. He has endeared himself to most people.
B) And because team M&F together, is so very strong.

Frederik has definitely found his bedrock in Mary. But Mary has also found her soulmate in Frederik. And that shines through. That IMO has matured Frederik and made him a much more confident and strong person - and now perhaps much better suited to stand up to his dad, or perhaps rather having helped him developing a Teflon-psyche in regards to his dad.

Last edited:
Back to Prince Henrik...;)

What would the reaction be in Denmark if it was announced that PH would retire permanently to France and that he would be buried there?
I guess his apanage would be discussed, but other than that?

It seems there will not be a reaction from Queen Margrethe about all this.
Keep silent and it will go away...?

It would of course be discussed for a week or two but my qualified guess would be that the vast majority of reactions would go from: Bye, bye - to - it's better this way.
A few would feel he had been treated unfairly, but they are going to be in the minority. Because unless PH can produce an Alzheimer diagnosis he no longer has any credit left.

And then he would be quietly forgotten, until he becomes seriously physically ill or dies.
Once the tribe turns its back on you...

It would of course be discussed for a week or two but my qualified guess would be that the vast majority of reactions would go from: Bye, bye - to - it's better this way.
A few would feel he had been treated unfairly, but they are going to be in the minority. Because unless PH can produce an Alzheimer diagnosis he no longer has any credit left.

And then he would be quietly forgotten, until he becomes seriously physically ill or dies.
Once the tribe turns its back on you...

Shame but I think I agree. The only Danish born person I know personally now living in NC said it would be more like "don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Pity that it all came down to this at the end of his years. And, from his one interview, he doesn't actually care what the Danish citizens think. That is what would hurt the most as they provided him an exceptional life.

It seems there will not be a reaction from Queen Margrethe about all this.
Keep silent and it will go away...?
I don't think this is what she is doing. she might possibly just feel that the less said, the better. And she can probably see how it's coming off and hear the general publics reaction, and maybe she is taking the higher road as to make a bad situation worse?
Sometimes this is the only thing that can be done when an adult acts this way. And she has a lot of class, which is why I think she is not saying anything. But that's just my thoughts....

The Queen triumphantly and proudly appeared with the Prince last week, to visit a concert in France. Beaming from ear go ear. Either she is an excellent actress or she -from inside- has more understanding for her husband than we assume.

I think maybe the Queen just knows she will never (can never) give in to Henrik's wish to be called King and if thats his big issue then there's not much else to be said about it. If she knows that Henri will not leave her because of it then what else can be said or done other than smile and get on with enjoying their golden years.

As I opined several posts up this couple is already nearing the finish line of their marriage and their lives. To call it quits at this point makes no sense(imo).

The Queen of Denmark has been on the throne for well over 40 years and she is the one who can best make the call of how much is too much for her dynasty, her country, and herself personally. Not every reigning Queen can be fortunate enough have a Philip Duke of Edinburgh as consort, and perhaps she has made peace with the type of man she is married to. Who knows what goes on between a man and a woman who have been together a half a century?

I could not tolerate a spouse like that for one day...but I am obviously not a reigning monarch.:cool:

If, on the other hand, HM is simply a consummate actress....::whistling:

The Danish serious newspaper Berlingske with a analysis and article about Crown Prince Frederik:
"A glimpse of a King: In the midst of the crisis, the Crown Prince showed that he can handle the media pressure and stand firm"

https://www.b.dk/politiko/et-glimt-af-en-konge-midt-i-krisen-viste-kronprinsen-at-han-kan-haandtere

The article/analysis is for subscribers only, but I read it in the paper edition. I will make a very fast translation.

Berlingske is a serious newspaper and they praise the Crown Prince (as the Danes absolutely did as well) for how he handled Prince Henrik's latest announcement to the press.

The calm has again fallen over the Danish Royal House. Along the way, the Queen received support from his son, Crown Prince Frederik, and the Danes received a glimpse of a future King.

While little brother Prince Joachim answered an indifferent and formal answer: We in the family have known for some time and we accept it. Then Crown Prince Frederik responded as the only one honestly and trustworthy. He told: "I only have to say that I'm sincerely sorry for my father's decision. And in many ways. More can not be said about this matter at present."

Here we saw a King! A future King who can handle the media press and manages to be honest without slander anyone in any way. He is a trustworthy royal man and future King and he is very respected and popular because of it.

:previous:
A great analysis from Berlingske which good reflects the many comments I saw on the social media. I also thought after hearing the blah blah commentary it was quite liberating to finally hear an honest answer from CP Frederik. And in a very fine and sober way.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry What did I miss? What Henry said to the press?

thank you for sharing Roskilde, and its great to read. It was indeed a very strong statement :flowers:

ow and what a cute dog is Grace;)

That's an whole other "voice" I hear. I did Read Some comments elsewhere... pfew.. they Where not that "nice/kind" for Crown prince Frederik...

sorry What did I miss? What Henry said to the press?

It was announced by the Danish Court that Prince Henrik has chosen not to be buried next to Queen Margrethe when he dies because he was not elevated to King Consort by his wife. After much furor and worldwide press of his decision he gave an interview in which mostly blamed Her Majesty for for the situation.

(..)

wow! not very nice of PH , I can not imagine behind doors all the arguments through the years about this! Poor QM ! I think he shows here he is more interested in power and recognition than love for her! sad!:sad:
Wow I just read what Muhler post: He has a cheap on his shoulder and he has a big complex! Though I understand his point he shouldn't say to the press! I cannot imagine for his kids to grow up listening all this.........

Queen Daisy deserves so much better then what she has gotten from PH for she has given him everything in life and it has been a joyous rich filled life full to the brim with everything he could want from the lovely lady that he married knowing the situation for her being queen. I just hope the very best for her and that she finds peace with this situation and it ends once and for all.

He always knew Sllvia and Sonja being Queen Consort and suddenly Maxima, Mathilde and Letizia became in the same year Queens Consort. Since then he is crazy jalous !
I hope the Queen spoke about the future of Prince Henrik with the Montpezat during her stay in France . Difficult and never seen situation in Denmark

Queen Daisy deserves so much better then what she has gotten from PH for she has given him everything in life and it has been a joyous rich filled life full to the brim with everything he could want from the lovely lady that he married knowing the situation for her being queen. I just hope the very best for her and that she finds peace with this situation and it ends once and for all.

Henri de Laborde de Monpezat has given Margrethe everything as well. He gave up his country, his nationality, his language, his religion and his name when he married Princess Margrethe, Danmark's Thronefollower. The couple has been married for more than 50 years now and it has been a wonderful and eventful marriage for most decades. The couple still seems to love each other to bits. Both are complex characters with an artistic mood and such marriages seldomly are alike a calm sea.

The couple translated a roman by Simone de Beauvoir (Tous les hommes sont mortels) in Danish. The Prince collected French poems and published these in a books with titles as Chemin faisant (French poems), Murmures de vent (French poems) and Hviskende brise (translated in Danish). He collected recipes from French chefs at the Danish Court and wrote a book about them. He published far more. Some of these works have been illustrated by his spouse, Queen Margrethe.

In 1974 the royal couple purchased the derelict Château and Domaine de Caïx and they renovated it into a dream destination for their little family and the French relatives. The royal couple together initiated a sculpture park around Marselisborg Palace. Besides purchases from contemporary Danish sculptors, there are also sculptures by Prince Henrik himself, chosen by the couple to be exposed.

The royal couple also share their love for dachshunden, the Prince has been a very active ambassador for Europa Nostra. Again and again he voiced that cultural heritage is vital for the European economy, society, culture, environment, well-being and for the future of Europe itself. He co-initiated an annual shortlist for "the 7 most endangered heritage sites" to raise public awareness. Queen Margrethe backed him completely in his zest to preserve what is worth to be preserved in Europe.

Claiming that "Queen Daisy deserves so much better then what she has gotten from PH" seems a conclusion to me based on recent hiccups by the eccentric Prince and is overlooking the long bond between the two soulmates. I wish the couple the best and I am sure they will find a way to come out, as they have always done in the past 50 years together.

Last edited:
:previous: Duc>

You seem to forget something there in your comment......**It was PH's choice to give all that up....HIS CHOICE**, he could of happily stayed in France as a 3rd tier diplomat and lived his life with out changing his name, giving up his country, learning a new language and forsaking everything that was French...(yet he has not given up everything French has he, for doesn't he has that gorgeous chateau that did not cost him a penny given to him on that platter)..yet boy did he make out like a bandit right...wealth untold, a title of Prince, anything and everything handed to him on that silver/gold platter......I think he made out really well and yes they love each other and love something does not even make for a good/great marriage. People's ego's get in the way of *wants* not *needs*. You and I will never agree on PH and that is fine, no big deal yet he got more then he ever gave up IMHO. And please tell me what man would not want to be prince with unlimited wealth of the most beautiful country in the world with the happiest people in the world...I do not know of one.:whistling:

Henri de Laborde de Monpezat has given Margrethe everything as well. He gave up his country, his nationality, his language, his religion and his name when he married Princess Margrethe, Danmark's Thronefollower. The couple has been married for more than 50 years now and it has been a wonderful and eventful marriage for most decades. The couple still seems to love each other to bits. Both are complex characters with an artistic mood and such marriages seldomly are alike a calm sea.

Claiming that "Queen Daisy deserves so much better then what she has gotten from PH" seems a conclusion to me based on recent hiccups by the eccentric Prince and is overlooking the long bond between the two soulmates. I wish the couple the best and I am sure they will find a way to come out, as they have always done in the past 50 years together.

Unless there is evidence that he had no idea what he was in for when they married then Queen Daisy does deserve much better than PH has given. The time to bring this up would have been before they married and not repeatedly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom