Celebratory events following the Accession of King Frederik X: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is Denmark not like the UK with family orders ie wearing more than one. I thought Mary would have still worn Margrethe's with the new one?

Is Denmark not like the UK with family orders ie wearing more than one. I thought Mary would have still worn Margrethe's with the new one?

Obviously not. Queen Ingrid only wore her husband's, not her father-in-law and her husband's. So, it would stand to reason that Mary would wear only Frederik's.

I wasn't sure because in Norway they wear more than one as well(if the royal lady in question as more than one obviously)

Yep, it seems that Denmark only wear one and that's the one you first receive. Except for the current Queen, who changes it to her husband's. (Mary now wearing Frederik's and not Margrethe's). Ingrid wore her husband's only.

Benedikte and Anne-Marie wear their father's and not their sister's.

The necklace indeed disappears due to the green lace. I am looking forward to seeing HM with this parure soon, the official portrait feels more underwhelming than I expected, perhaps due to the amount of unnecessary photoshop. The diamonds feel 'dead'. I think it will look a lot better when we get normal images of HM with this parure, which hopefully be soon.

The big diamond (and ruby?) star that King Frederik is wearing must be the one that his mother has worn for such a long time?
This is exactly how I felt too. I had to look back at the photo to identify the necklace as it was camouflaged by the deep green lace. The photo seems 'souless' to me - there has been far better official photos of the Their Majesties imho.

I wasn't sure because in Norway they wear more than one as well(if the royal lady in question as more than one obviously)
The only one who wears more then one in Norway is Princess Astrid. Queen Sonja and Princess Martha Louise both stopped to wear the one of King Olav

I am loving the new Portrait and especially the gorgeous Emerald Parure made in 1840 by Weisshaupt in the neolouisseize style. Given to Queen Sophie Magdalene for her silver wedding anniversary in 1840.
It is a pity that Queen Mary's lace gown tends to swallow up the design of the necklace. But all in all I am loving it.

"Deep down in the basement of Rosenborg Castle, visitors can daily experience a number of the historical objects and crown jewels that Their Majesties the King and Queen wear in the just published official gala portrait 👑
For several hundred years, Rosenborg Castle has functioned as the kingdom's treasury, containing, among other things, the royal regalia and crown jewels. It is customary for the crown jewels to remain in Denmark, which means that they are not taken with them when visiting abroad. The Danish crown jewels are the only ones in the world that are both exhibited as museum objects and at the same time worn by the country's queen.
The history of the crown jewels goes back to Christian VI's queen, Queen Sophie Magdalene, who in her will from 1746 decided that her jewelery should not pass to one specific person, but always be available to the country's sitting queen on the grounds that "there in this royal house there are so few jewels and no crown jewels at all”. Most of Queen Sophie Magdalene's original jewelery has been remade by subsequent queens as jewelery fashions have changed. Today, the four crown jewel sets have the design that Christian VIII's queen, Queen Caroline Amalie, gave them in 1840."

now, I am not saying he should have, but Frederik would have rocked even more posing with the crown ;)

Back
Top Bottom