Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the next queen we will see the art deco on will be Elisabeth. While Paola lends it to her daughter now, because of the shortage of tiaras in the family, I don't believe it will be given to astrid permanently. It will be fitting to see the future Queen Elisabeth in her namesakes tiara.

I do hope we see Mathilde in the wedding gift soon. :flowers:

HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este born Princess of Belgium exactly is not the one with a shortage of jewels, still she -as only daughter of Queen Paola- received the fabulous diamond bandeau. So I am not all that sure that Astrid would leave it to her niece Elisabeth and not to her many daughters(-in-law), all Archduchesses and all active in high society. There is still a whole layer of royalty and aristocracy living in their niche of society, totally unnoticed by the public, but still with fancy balls, diners, receptions et all.

Indeed, so it is about time some of the new monarchs visit Sweden, so Queen Silvia gets a reason to bring out the Braganza.
Hopefully she will do so and not like at the State Visit from Luxembourg when she wore instead the Leuchtenberg sapphires.

Duc , well said.
The Dowager Archduchess of Habsbourg Este is still alive. She has 4 Children . Will Prince Lorenz have the tiara AND the Eerald Collar??

Let's return to the current events. Here is my list of (potential) tiara events before the summer break:

March
21st - SV from Iceland to Norway
23rd - representation dinner in Sweden
28th - SV from Belgium to Denmark
? - SV from Argentina to the Netherlands

April
4th - SV from Spain to Japan

May
9th - Gala dinner for the 80th birthday of King Harald and Queen Sonja
23rd - SV from Portugal to Luxembourg

June
6th - SV from the Netherlands to Italy and Vatican City

No date announced
May or June (probably) - Diplomatic Reception in the Netherlands
(might be later this year) - SV from the USA to Great Britain

Any corrections or additions?

----------
I'm particularly looking forward to Queen Letizia in Japan and to the birthday gala in Norway. It's not 100% sure that it will be tiaras, but I think it will. They might chose a dress code similar to that of King Carl Gustav's 70th BD, with optional tiaras.

HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este born Princess of Belgium exactly is not the one with a shortage of jewels, still she -as only daughter of Queen Paola- received the fabulous diamond bandeau. So I am not all that sure that Astrid would leave it to her niece Elisabeth and not to her many daughters(-in-law), all Archduchesses and all active in high society. There is still a whole layer of royalty and aristocracy living in their niche of society, totally unnoticed by the public, but still with fancy balls, diners, receptions et all.

Has it ever actually been confirmed astrid was given the tiara? No. Yes she is loaned its use but we don't know who it will be left to when Paola dies.

The only daughter in law who will eventually really have any need for a tiara, in reality, is Elisabetta as the future archduchess. And there are the Austria ester tiaras.

I have no doubt Paola will leave her daughter jewels, as I am sure Elizabeth will leave Anne and her granddaughters pieces, but the tiara I have serious doubts. There are so few tiaras in the family.

Does anyone know if King Willem Alexanders birthday with be a tiara event?

Does anyone know if King Willem Alexanders birthday with be a tiara event?
It is not known, we have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't think it will be. But then you never know. WA and Maxima have augmented the number of tiara events, with their pre-inauguration gala and even some official visits. So there is a chance. It would be so gorgeous to see the King's aunts and sisters-in-law with tiaras once again!

Tilia C , I love your new Avatar !
Thank you, maria-oliva. :flowers:
For those who don't recognize it: it's the central element of the fleur-de-lys tiara recently worn by Queen Letizia.

It is not known, we have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't think it will be. But then you never know. WA and Maxima have augmented the number of tiara events, with their pre-inauguration gala and even some official visits. So there is a chance. It would be so gorgeous to see the King's aunts and sisters-in-law with tiaras once again!

Thank you. Hopefully there will be at least an official photo in which the Queen is wearing a tiara. If so, I think Maxima will wear the large pearl tiara.

It would be lovely indeed. With some creativity they can even offer all the 16 ladies of the family a tiara, bandeau or converted necklace/brooch to wear on their heads. Not likely to happen of course. It would be nice to see Pss Irene with 'her' Peacock tiara once more.

Thank you. Hopefully there will be at least an official photo in which the Queen is wearing a tiara. If so, I think Maxima will wear the large pearl tiara.
Usually the Dutch royals are not so stingy when it comes to gala portraits (unlike some other royal houses :cool:) So yes, I would expect a portrait with tiara, and Maxima is not going to choose a small one. I think it will be the large sapphire tiara in it's original setting.

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to UK from June 6th-8th.

My Guess for the Gala Dinner

Q.Elizabeth Girls of Great Britain and Ireland
Q.Letizia Big Ansorena Fleu de Lys
Duchess Camilla: Delhi Durbar
Duchess Catherine. Cambridge Lovers not ( if she attends)

Last edited:

For Queen Elizabeth, I am betting on Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik tiara. For Queen Letizia, it will be definitely the Fleur de Lys (and, hopefully, someone will care to clean it and adjust its frame this time ! ).

Q.Elizabeth may wear the sapphire tiara i think that for age reasons she will prefer it as it looks like it's the lightest tiara she has . Camilla on the other hand like i said about letizia before the argentinian state visit and i hope that i'm wrong also this time but the expectation bar is so low that i think she will wear the same tiara and pearl choker what i'm looking for in that state visit is a new necklaces and maybe larger brooches also .

Q.Elizabeth may wear the sapphire tiara i think that for age reasons she will prefer it as it looks like it's the lightest tiara she has . Camilla on the other hand like i said about letizia before the argentinian state visit and i hope that i'm wrong also this time but the expectation bar is so low that i think she will wear the same tiara and pearl choker what i'm looking for in that state visit is a new necklaces and maybe larger brooches also .

QE2: I think the choice will be driven by what matches the sash she is wearing. I can't remember the colour of the appropriate Spanish sash, but I suspect she may end up wearing any of GGB&I, the Kokoshnik or the Grand Duchess Vladimir with the pearls. The sapphire has been handy when she has not had sashes from visiting countries (eg China) and has used the Garter sash.

Camilla: As this is a summer state visit which in itself is very unusual, I am hoping the light blue Bruce Oldfield gown used in Sri Lanka for the CHOGM in 2013 is reused, or the light blue Anna Valentine gown dating back to the 2007 CHOGM reception in Kampala and reused again a few years ago in London. With either, I would love to see either the 3 string Greville necklace or QEQMs collet necklace which we have not seen since 2008. As for tiara's, it will no doubt be the Boucheron.

Catherine (if attending): Lovers Knot, I suspect. I would love to see the Nizam necklace with it, though I just don't think that will happen.

Last edited:
My guesses for the UK state visit:

Elizabeth: Girls or great Briton tiara
Camilla : Honeycomb tiara
Catherine: Cambridge pearl tiara
Letizia: large Fleu de Lys tiara

QE2: I think the choice will be driven by what matches the sash she is wearing. I can't remember the colour of the appropriate Spanish sash, but I suspect she may end up wearing any of GGB&I, the Kokoshnik or the Grand Duchess Vladimir with the pearls. The sapphire has been handy when she has not had sashes from visiting countries (eg China) and has used the Garter sash.

Camilla: As this is a summer state visit which in itself is very unusual, I am hoping the light blue Bruce Oldfield gown used in Sri Lanka for the CHOGM in 2013 is reused, or the light blue Anna Valentine gown dating back to the 2007 CHOGM reception in Kampala and reused again a few years ago in London. With either, I would love to see either the 3 string Greville necklace or QEQMs collet necklace which we have not seen since 2008. As for tiara's, it will no doubt be the Boucheron.

Catherine (if attending): Lovers Knot, I suspect. I would love to see the Nizam necklace with it, though I just don't think that will happen.

The queen has two orders. The order of the fleece though is a collar, no sash. But the order of Charles III has a light blue and white sash.

If Camilla gets the order of Charles, her blue Oldfiekd would be lovely. The boucheron is almost always a given at this point.

Catherine I agree, think she will stick with lovers knot. But I do think the smaller ones suit her better, like the lotus.

My big wish for the Spain state visit is probably unlikely but- I'm hoping Camilla pulls a tiara upset on us. Either the Delhi Durbar again for the second time, or something entirely new- just not white and the Boucheron.

Fingers crossed. Come on Cams- you can do it!

I hope for the Delhi Durbar, she last wore it when the Norwegian royals visited so I'm hoping this is her go to 'royal state visit' tiara.

Two tiara events are taking place next week, time for some guessing.

State banquet for the President of Iceland at the Royal Palace in Oslo, 21 March
Queen Sonja - Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara (large setting)
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - Diamond Daisy Bandeau

Official dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm, 23 March
Queen Silvia - Connaught Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia - Wedding Emerald Tiara

The king and queen of Sweden will visit Indonesia in May. I predict Silvia will wear the sapphire tiara. As for the state visit from Iceland I think Sonja will wear the pearl tiara and Mette Marit will wear her wedding tiara.

Last edited:
What tiara do you think will Viktoria Luise von Preussen wear at her wedding to Prince Ferdinand zu Leiningen next month?

A Leiningen or Prussia piece of jewelry?

So here is my last-minute guess for tonight:
Queen Sonja: the diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit: her wedding tiara
I hope to see Princess Astrid as well, my guess: the ruby antennae ;)

The dinner in Stockholm on the 23rd:
Queen Silvia: the nine prongs (as nearly always)
Victoria: large cut steel tiara
Sofia: her wedding tiara

State Visit to Indonesia:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the dress code in Indonesia usually is just suit and short dresses. So probably just a hair brooch for the Queen. I hope for the beautiful rose brooch, which works so well in the hair.

The Prussia-Leiningen wedding:
Are there tiaras? The bride's mother didn't wear a wedding tiara. And none of her cousins borrowed one of the Prussian tiaras owned by Prince Georg Friedrich (there are the meander tiara and the clover tiara)
The groom's mother wore the Hanover wedding crown at her own wedding. At the big Prussia-Isenburg wedding she wore not tiara, if I saw it correctly in the pics. It seemed to be a smaller ornament. The only recent Leiningen bride with a tiara was Countess Isabel von Eglofstein, and that meander tiara could well have been from her own family.

Last edited:
The Prussia-Leiningen wedding:
Are there tiaras? The bride's mother didn't wear a wedding tiara. And none of her cousins borrowed one of the Prussian tiaras owned by Prince Georg Friedrich (there are the meander tiara and the clover tiara)
The groom's mother wore the Hanover wedding crown at her own wedding. At the big Prussia-Isenburg wedding she wore not tiara, if I saw it correctly in the pics. It seemed to be a smaller ornament. The only recent Leiningen bride with a tiara was Countess Isabel von Eglofstein, and that meander tiara could well have been from her own family.

The Leiningen's have a small diamond tiara and if i recall it right this one was worn by Fürstin Alexandra at the prussian Wedding Ball.
I think there is perhaps a small chance that Prince Georg Friedrich will lend his cousin one of the two tiara he owns given that she makes such a good marriage.
The cousins who have married until now where his Oldenburg Cousin and the daughter of the late Princess Kira but none of the prussian Cousins.

The Leiningen's have a small diamond tiara and if i recall it right this one was worn by Fürstin Alexandra at the prussian Wedding Ball.

Does the picture maybe exist?

I think there is perhaps a small chance that Prince Georg Friedrich will lend his cousin one of the two tiara he owns given that she makes such a good marriage.
The cousins who have married until now where his Oldenburg Cousin and the daughter of the late Princess Kira but none of the prussian Cousins.
In the pic I have seen, it didn't look like a tiara. But you were there, so you know better.:flowers:
I hope you are right about the Prussian tiara. Do you know, how the good the relationship between the cousins is? (IIRC, the bride's half-brother Prince Philip stepped on some toes...)
If she'll wear a Prussian tiara, my guess would be on one of the small versions of the clover tiara. The big meander tiara could be reserved to Princess Sophie (and I really do hope, that she'll soon have an occasion to wear it again.)

In the pic I have seen, it didn't look like a tiara. But you were there, so you know better.:flowers:
I hope you are right about the Prussian tiara. Do you know, how the good the relationship between the cousins is? (IIRC, the bride's half-brother Prince Philip stepped on some toes...)
If she'll wear a Prussian tiara, my guess would be on one of the small versions of the clover tiara. The big meander tiara could be reserved to Princess Sophie (and I really do hope, that she'll soon have an occasion to wear it again.)

I have not seen the Füstin zu Leiningen in the evening at the prussian Wedding as she did not leave from the same Hotel then the Family. But i think i have seen her wearing a small tiara. Could also be on another occasion.
I think the relationship betwenn Prince Georg Friedrich and the children from Friedrich Wilhelm's second marriage is quiet good. The brothers did attend his Wedding as did their mother. Only not Viktoria Luise.

Sonja is wearing the Diamond & Pearl tiara, MM is in her Wedding Tiara, and Astrid is wearing the Aigrette Tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom