Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tiara event in Sweden is occurring on 23 March, when the King and Queen host the first Representation Dinner of the year at the Royal Palace. So far only the King and Queen are set to attend.

I was never a fan of the Nassut tiara /Golden Poppies and I'm still not,it looks more like a table decoration but yet Queen Margrethe II wears it well.

I was never a fan of the Nassut tiara /Golden Poppies and I'm still not,it looks more like a table decoration but yet Queen Margrethe II wears it well.

I think it looked much better then the first time she wore it. But i don't like the combination of a golden tiara with a diamond riviere.

There will be a state visit from Portugal to Luxembourg in May. Here are my guesses:

Maria Teresa: Large Floral tiara
Stephanie: Marie Adelaide tiara
Claire: Small floral tiara
Alexandra: Topaz tiara

Maria Teresa: Chaumet choker with pearls
Stephanie: Aquamarine bandeau
It'd be a nice surprise if anyone wore the Congo necklace tiara. I don't think Claire or Alexandra will attend.

Yes I agree it will be the floral tiara as Letizia can be very predictable ,but it does suit her delicate frame very well.

Yes it does flatter her very much. Felipe's 50th birthday will be next year, so hopefully it will be a tiara event and Letizia will wear a new tiara.

Yes it does flatter her very much. Felipe's 50th birthday will be next year, so hopefully it will be a tiara event and Letizia will wear a new tiara.

I guess we will see the Floral Tiara very often in the next years, especially for the incoming state visits. Unfortunately I dont think the 50th birthday of Felipe will celebrated, usually the spanish royal familie dont celebrate. Maybe there is a chance to see letizia in a bigger Tiara during the state visit to Japan ( nothing annouced yet but its been said it should take place in first week of april) i could imagine she wears the Cartier Pearl and Diamond Tiara. Maybe she will suprise us at the birthday celebrations of King Harald and Queen Sonja. King Willem Alexander velebrate his 50th Birthday in April this, maybe he will celebrate with other royal guests as he did in 2007, an who knoes maybe its Tiara event.

:previous: I am very excited to see the jewels at the state visit from Japan, as royals usually wear their most impressive jewels when they meet the Japanese royals. For example, Queen Sofia wore the fleur de flys tiara during a visit to Japan a couple of years ago.I have a feeling she will wear her new tiara but it would be great if she wore something new.

Last edited:
:previous: I am very excited to see the jewels at the state visit from Japan, as royals usually wear their most impressive jewels when they meet the Japanese royals. For example, Queen Sofia wore the fleur de flys tiara during a visit to Japan a couple of years ago.I have a feeling she will wear her new tiara but it would be great if she wore something new.

I believe Letizia will wear her Ansonera pearl and diamond tiara, which she also wore at Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday gala in Copenhagen. I don't see her wearing any of Queen Sofia's big tiaras while she is still under Sofia's shadow.

Let#s hope Queen Letizia will wear one of her bigger tiaras at the State visit to Japan and not follow the example of Queen mathuilode who whore her msmallerst tiara out of Respect for Emrpess Michiko who doesn't wear tiaras anymore because of health reasons.
Wonder if there are any State Visits to european monarchies plan't for them apart from the postponed State Visit to the UK.

I believe Letizia will wear her Ansonera pearl and diamond tiara, which she also wore at Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday gala in Copenhagen. I don't see her wearing any of Queen Sofia's big tiaras while she is still under Sofia's shadow.

She could wear the Loop diamond and pearl tiara. As Queen Sofia wore it only 2 or 3 times it is not as associated with her then the fleur de lys tiara or the Cartier diamond and pearl tiara.

For me it seems the floral Tiara and the Mellerio Shell the favourite Tiaras of Sofia. Sofia wore the Cartier Pearls and Diamond Tiara just a few times in the 2000s, so i guess its not her favourite. I guess Letizia will start slowly to wear the bigger tiaras, maybe she will start with the Cartier Pearl & Diamond Tiara. Sofia wore not always the big Tiaras for Royal state visits, in the netherlands and denmark she wore just the mellerio shell or the floral tiara, so maybe we have to wait several years until Leti wears the Fleur de lys or the Cartier Loop Tiara.

I do not think, that she is under Q Sofias shadow any more. Due to the fact, that she is kind of "omnipresent" as Queen (als Q Sofia is doing her official duties much more seldom) she successfully jumped out of the shadow.

The only remaining thing is, that there were no State Visits of other reigning houses - whether incoming nor outgoing ones. Still waiting for a new date of the postponed one to Britain.

And yes, I hope, that she then will start wearing the bigger ones.... I understand, that this may be an issue with her petite frame, but you can do many things with coffure as well (i.e. a similar coffure than at CP Victorias wedding would be ideal to wear a big gun tiara).

Can´t wait for that!
BYe Bine

I was under the impression that most of the large tiaras of Spain are the personal property of JC and/or Sofia not owned by the crown.

If the bigger tiaras are owned by JC/S would they make the tiara available to Letizia? I get the impression that JC did not want to abdicate.

If the bigger tiaras are owned by JC/S would they make the tiara available to Letizia? I get the impression that JC did not want to abdicate.

I don't know if they would, but I think they should. After all, Letizia is now "HM the Queen" (SM la Reina) and it is important that she display the necessary majesty associated with her position. It is OK, I suppose, to wear the Floral tiara when hosting a visiting South American president for example, but, if Letizia ever finds herself in a situation where she has to attend a state dinner in the UK for example in the presence of the British monarch, one would expect her to wear the family's big gun.

Of course, there is also another possibility that Letizia herself doesn't like to wear big/heavy tiaras, especially given her body type. It is unfair to blame JC and Sofia for not making other tiaras available to her when it is not inconceivable that Letizia may actually never have asked to wear them in the first place. We really don't know.

Only one of Spanish tiaras could be said is property of the crown, "Ansorena's Flor de Lis" o "La Buena", the good one. Queen Ena's testament specify this tiara (among other jewels) must be property of the King of Spain so is Letizia's decision use or not the tiara. The rest of the tiaras, the floral is property of Queen Sofía and, except her own (and ugly) tiara in Denmark, is the only tiara she wore since she is Queen so I think there is no problem is she wants to use Queen María Cristina tiara, Cartier, Mellerio ... the proof is that in the recent state visit to Portugal Letizia wore a diamond and emerald earrings owned by Queen Sofía.

The press are talking about state visits to Morocco in March and Japan in April, I hope she give us a very big surprise but I doubt it, I see the floral tiara and even her Ansorena tiara (I don't like it, seems like a beauty pageant tiara). I want to see her with Queen María Cristina tiara.

Only one of Spanish tiaras could be said is property of the crown, "Ansorena's Flor de Lis" o "La Buena", the good one. Queen Ena's testament specify this tiara (among other jewels) must be property of the King of Spain so is Letizia's decision use or not the tiara. The rest of the tiaras, the floral is property of Queen Sofía and, except her own (and ugly) tiara in Denmark, is the only tiara she wore since she is Queen so I think there is no problem is she wants to use Queen María Cristina tiara, Cartier, Mellerio ... the proof is that in the recent state visit to Portugal Letizia wore a diamond and emerald earrings owned by Queen Sofía.

The press are talking about state visits to Morocco in March and Japan in April, I hope she give us a very big surprise but I doubt it, I see the floral tiara and even her Ansorena tiara (I don't like it, seems like a beauty pageant tiara). I want to see her with Queen María Cristina tiara.

I think the Loop Tiara of Queen Maria Cristina would be lovely. I hope she will wear a bigger Tiara in Japan, but maybe she wear no Tiara To take take care on Empress Michiko who wears no Tiara in recent years. I guess there is no Gala dinner in Morocco, i havent seen any royal with a tiara during a state visit to morocco

Belgian State Visit to Denmark is going to take place between the 28th and the 30th March . again i'm gonna cross my fingers for the spanish wedding gift tiara :lucky: :D .

Belgian State Visit to Denmark is going to take place between the 28th and the 30th March . again i'm gonna cross my fingers for the spanish wedding gift tiara :lucky: :D .

This will be as good an occasion as any for the Spanish wedding tiara to get its debut outing with Mathilde. For what it is worth, the full version of the Belgian nine provinces tiara had its debut in Denmark in 2015 at QM's 75th birthday celebrations.

Last edited:
I think that we will see the full version of the 9-provinces tiara again. Of course, I'll dance a jig if the Spanish tiara appears.

As for the Danish ladies, I expect nothing exciting. Probably they'll chose some of the bigger ones, like the the pearl poire tiara for the Queen, the ruby parure for Mary, the floral for Marie, the fringe for Benedikte.

The Spanish gift tiara with Fabiola's aquamarines would match nicely the lght blue sash of the Order of the Elephant, which Mathilde is likely to get from the Danish monarch.

I think that we will see the full version of the 9-provinces tiara again. Of course, I'll dance a jig if the Spanish tiara appears.

As for the Danish ladies, I expect nothing exciting. Probably they'll chose some of the bigger ones, like the the pearl poire tiara for the Queen, the ruby parure for Mary, the floral for Marie, the fringe for Benedikte.

According to Wikipedia, Mary doesn't have a Belgian order yet. As the wife of the heir to the throne, I believe she will probably get the Order of the Crown whose bright red sash would go well with the ruby parure.

According to Wikipedia, Mary doesn't have a Belgian order yet. As the wife of the heir to the throne, I believe she will probably get the Order of the Crown whose bright red sash would go well with the ruby parure.
It would also go well with her new tiara. But as it's a Royal visit, she might go for the bigger parure. I'd love to see it with the necklace again.

I hope that we will finally see the spanish Wedding gift tiaqra on mathilde. The aquamarine Version would match the Order of the Elephant very good. And the Wolfers tiara as necklace.
As for the danish Royals i think we wiill see the Queen in the Pearl Parure but i wish she would wear the floral wreath tiara for a change. She has worn the pearl tiara quiet often recenlty. For Mary i don't think she will wear the rubies but ui agree her ew edwardian tiara would go well with the belgian Order she wil get.

It would also go well with her new tiara. But as it's a Royal visit, she might go for the bigger parure. I'd love to see it with the necklace again.
I don't expect the rubies. At the dutch State visit she also choose her Wedding tiara. And not even in the VErsion with the addeded pears but the simple Version.

There will be a state visit to Norway from Iceland in March. Here are my guesses

Sonja: Josephine's diamond tiara
Metre marit: wedding tiara
Martha Louise: amethyst tiara

There will be a state visit to Norway from Iceland in March. Here are my guesses

Sonja: Josephine's diamond tiara
Metre marit: wedding tiara
Martha Louise: amethyst tiara

I would love to see Sonja use the Josephine diamond tiara but she rarely dies, I suspect we will get the usual Queen Maud pearl and diamiond tiara from her. Might we see MM with the amethysts?

Next tiara event coming up is the state banquet in Stockholm for the Governor General of Canada. It seems like the turn out of royal ladies is going to be poor, as the Crown Princess family is on holiday. I hope she and her husband attends as a state visit is such an important event, and should be able to combine with maternity/paternity leave.

The guesses for the ladies possible ladies attending:
Queen Silvia - Nine Prong Tiara
Princess Sofia- Emerald Wedding Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom