The Royal Run: 2019-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was announced today that Viborg will be one of the cities where the Royal Run 2025 will be held.

Another city has been released where the 2025 Royal Run will be held: Horsens.

Apart from Copenhagen, which I suppose will be the fifth run, as always. These are all medium sized towns in DK. The largest being Horsens, with a population of I think some 50.000.
Viborg, will cover central-north Jutland.
Ribe will cover south and west Jutland.
Horsens will cover east Jutland.
Korsør will cover west, central and south Zealand.
- Each of these towns are about 1½ hours drive apart.

I can promise already now that the local public involvement will be massive! Every single ticket available will be sold in no time. And the crowds will be packed! They will take this as an opportunity to have a local celebration.

What more is that picking these smaller towns, will only increase the interest in Royal Run, because now every single small town in DK - and there are many (*) - will consider putting in a bid for a Royal Run in the following years.

(*) In the order of around 25 km between each medium-sized town. Because DK has a lot of market-towns, by royal appointment. Which meant rights and tax-advantages and so on. Basically 800-150 years ago you should be able to walk to the nearest market town and back again the same day, almost no matter where you lived in DK. That many royally appointed market towns is pretty unique in a European context.

Last edited:
Thank you @Muhler , I was waiting for your insights into the cities. I think its great that they are spreading out to different cities and making it an event for all. Korsor is celebrating 600 years so that will be extra special

King Frederik with the complete set for 2025:

"The host cities for Royal Run ’25 are ready! 😃💙Another bang of a royal exercise party awaits when next year's Royal Run hits Ribe, Horsens, Viborg, Korsør and Copenhagen/Frederiksberg. 👟🎉We look forward to running, walking and celebrating the community with you on the 2nd of Pentecost 2025.We open for sales of start numbers during the month of November.Which city will you attend? 😃"

Looking forward to see if next year Isabella will represent the family by herself in one of the cities
I guess the Crown Prince will be back in Dk and take over one city like he did so successfully this year.
Isabella will probably run with her siblings as usual. But I don't see her representing the royal family on her own next year.

Next year, she will be 18, so it would make sense for her to run on her own (if there are plans for the other children to run on their own eventually).

Press release from the DRF

So true! A wonderful message and event
"The Royal Run is not a classic fitness race with the finish time in mind. It's the community's running party. It is possible to both run and walk at all three distances: One mile (1.6 km), 5 km and 10 km. Royal Run is about as many people as possible participating in the sports community at their own pace and with their own individual goals."

Back
Top Bottom