The Princess of Wales's Eveningwear Part 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kate looks nice, but she should not upstage Queen Camilla …. jmoo

It's inevitable; Camilla is so much older.

The Lover's Knot tiara is perfect with that dress, but I was really hoping for a different one.

I continue to be in awe of (and horrendously envious of) how beautifully Catherine dresses. This dress is simply sensational. What I would give to look even a quarter as good as that. Ugh.

She looks so beautiful and regal. I love the dress and the sparkling details. The tiara and earrings go very well with the dress. Very nice choice!

She looks spectacular. What a wonderful appearance indeed.

She looks very beautiful and I love the cape, but this appearance just isn't in my list of personal favorites for some reason. I don't know why. (Maybe it's — despite the lovely shoulders — that it feels more "safe" rather than "new".).

I might have loved it a lot more with a different tiara.

It seems as though the Lover's Knot Tiara was just created for Catherine's dress.

Her dress is from Jenny Packham's 2021 bridal collection

https://jennypackham.com/bridal-collections/
Her dress is called the Elspeth and there's a nice closeup of the shoulder details.

Who would think of wearing a bridal gown to a state visit (well, queen Elizabeth certainly liked her white gowns - but I doubt they came from bridal collections).

Love the Bluebell-version as well. Hope to see that one on Catherine as well...

And imagine someone who recently got married in that dress and now sees the Princess of Wales wear it at a state banquet. Will they feel honored or is the less suddenly less special?

She looks so beautiful and regal. I love the dress and the sparkling details. The tiara and earrings go very well with the dress. Very nice choice!

I agree. Spectacular dress, well matched jewellery. Could not really ask for more.

If she dressed so as not to upstage the Queen people would be on here calling her boring and dressing too old for her age. I do not think Camilla is that insecure that it would bother her.

The Future Queen is HERE!!!! What else to say?

Absolutely stunning appearance by the Princess and the jewels and hair are all perfect.

The gown was well chosen for this event!

She looks very beautiful and I love the cape, but this appearance just isn't in my list of personal favorites for some reason. I don't know why. (Maybe it's — despite the lovely shoulders — that it feels more "safe" rather than "new".).

I might have loved it a lot more with a different tiara.

It's not cape, but floor-length split sleeves.

If she dressed so as not to upstage the Queen people would be on here calling her boring and dressing too old for her age. I do not think Camilla is that insecure that it would bother her.
I absolutely agree. I also believe that the complete outfit worn by Princess of Wales was talked about with the Queen. Queen Elizabeth II was well known for "suggesting" the jewelry and colors worn by family to huge events. I am not saying that the new Queen will make such demands as it is not her style [in my opinion only] but I believe it would have been something talked about in normal conversation. I also believe that the new Queen has no fear of being upstaged. She is not that type of woman but one extremely very comfortable with herself and her marriage. Again, just my opinion on the type of woman I see of new Queen.

The Princess of Wales looked absolutely stunning! Loved everything!

How would a beautiful woman, more than 30 years younger, and obviously born with great taste and style, NOT "upstage" a 75 year old lady...? Catherine, other than her late mother-in-law, doesn´t seem to be someone, to upstage a person on purpose.

It is not the first time Camilla has been sartorially upstaged and it will not be the last.

No offense intended, as I am certain the new QC has some wonderful qualities.

But outshining her has never seemed like a very difficult thing to do.:cool:

Beautiful look! Love everything about this.

Stunning!! That’s a Princess folks..

Do you think Catherine is going to be Brooch person. ?
A couple of different ones recently.
The prince of wales feather had been worn by Diana as a necklace, not sure about the Art Deco brooch.

Do you think Catherine is going to be Brooch person. ?
A couple of different ones recently.
The prince of wales feather had been worn by Diana as a necklace, not sure about the Art Deco brooch.

I think for the big state occasions, Catherine will increasingly wear a brooch. But I do not expect to see her wear one on a daily basis.

And it was revealed that the Princess of Wales rented the gown for the evening.

I don't see the point of that; she has plenty of green dresses that would be suitable.

Why pay to rent one? I always think rentals are for clothing that is only worn once, for a special occasion.

Stunning.

Catherine looks so good in off the shoulder dresses.

That is an incredible, eye catching shade of green.

I don’t think many people could pull off this dress, but she does.

And the emerald choker. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom