The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 3: July 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the outfit of September 27, 2023, the colours seem wrong for Princess Catherine.

I must be in the minority that likes her look, especially the beige and red combo. I prefer this look over the full-emerald look she had the day previously.

It seems Catherine is going for a different look now. Most of her engagements over the past year involved her wearing dresses and skirts and now she's wearing a lot more trousers and trouser-suits. Just an observation....

I think it's mostly an improvement over years of coat dresses. She not only seems more comfortable but a bit more relatable.

I think it's mostly an improvement over years of coat dresses. She not only seems more comfortable but a bit more relatable.

I think Catherine's obsession are actually coats, and their variants :lol:

But as you say, Catherine appears to be far more comfortable in pants than in dresses and skirts. I had always wondered if she was more inclined to wear dresses/coat dresses and skirts because HLM preferred it that way.

But as you say, Catherine appears to be far more comfortable in pants than in dresses and skirts. I had always wondered if she was more inclined to wear dresses/coat dresses and skirts because HLM preferred it that way.

It is possible that Elizabeth didn't want royal ladies in trousers on engagements, but Catherine could have very easily worn open coats and shorter skirts, or something.

I think the coatdresses were a handy combination of armor and proper, unimpeachable uniform, and something she didn't have to think about too much. Additionally, they weren't strongly associated with Diana, so she got to establish her own persona.

Then the pandemic happened and everything relaxed quite a bit. Then the Queen's death changed Catherine's status and role even more. So tldr, she's a big free girl now, and if she wants to wear pants she can and she does — Elizabeth's absence is responsible for that, but it's not necessarily the only factor. We just now may be seeing more of what Catherine really wants to wear, and now finally feels confident and comfortable enough to do it.

I was also thinking a white top under the red blazer would have been fantastic.

But she still looks good.;) ETA: For once her hair is styled in a way that doesn't take over her entire look. It's so pretty like that!

Last edited:

I would think that may be so. I have noticed that most ladies in the BRF have ditched the pantyhose!:flowers:

I like the red jacket, but maybe she is overdoing the Blazers with pants look?

It wasn't that long ago that Catherine was being pilloried for sticking with dresses and not wearing trousers and suits! ?

Catherine's hair is lovely in that style and the outfit too was nice.

It wasn't that long ago that Catherine was being pilloried for sticking with dresses and not wearing trousers and suits! [emoji2]

lol…true. The beige top isn’t my favorite, but otherwise, very nice outfit. Though a tad redundant since there have been so many blazers/pant suits lately.

I really like her hair in the bun with bangs. Looks very nice. Nice change, as well.

Last edited:
The Princess of Wales meeting Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, yesterday, September 28:

** Pic **

Another nice suit and look on the Princess of Wales today.

Yes, I like the pants suit look.
I only wish she hadn’t spent a king’s ransom on ‘one and done’ coat dresses.

Yes, I like the pants suit look.
I only wish she hadn’t spent a king’s ransom on ‘one and done’ coat dresses.

I doubt that’s the case. Almost all of them have been reworn; and likely will be again. I don’t think a new focus on business attire for work means that you won’t see the coat dress emerge for many other more formal engagements.

Not with the turtleneck.

I just do not think it is turtleneck weather these days. Its unseasonably warm, with temperatures of around 20degrees celcius on most days.

I’m not too keen on this suit. It’s certainly not helped by the sweater underneath, but also the colours aren’t good on her. I wish she would mix up her choice of clothes more. We have had a steady stream of blazer type jackets with either matching trousers or cropped 0r trousers in a contrasting hue. I’m more than ready for a dress or coat dress again.

I'm not that crazy about yesterday's look. I don't think a suit with stripes suits her, there's something odd about the whole look.

Another pants suit, this one however looks a little too big on the Princess.

I like the blouse she has chosen to wear with the suit but agree the overall fit seems big!

Indeed too big, or it may look better it's buttoned up.

The Princess of Wales in Cardiff today, October 3:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I think the overall look is just fine, but I cannot claim to be a fan of the hairstyle. The hair looks far too long, and in other pictures, looked unruly and and messy. Nothing a half hour with a hairdresser would not solve.

Definitely not my favorite look on Catherine.

Isn't it the same suit she was wearing with the turtleneck to see Mr. Cook?

Back
Top Bottom