The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question I have been wondering about. Do the stylists for the Princess of Wales and other female members of the Royal Family confer to make sure they won't wear the same clothing? Does the Princess of Wales have precedence when it comes to designers?Part of me thinks not because I remember that Catherine and Beatrice have worn the same dress before, not at the same time. But then I read one time that Catherine does have first choice. What is true?

I've wondered the same myself. I tend to believe that there's some discussion behind the scenes for certain high profile events.

Not a fan of the polka dot dress, reminds me of what Letizia wore to the Garter ceremony when Felipe was invested

Never a fan of so called hats, these fascinator things. This is no different.

Another bland dress. Should have just re-worn the polka dot dress from Ascott instead of a new one. So similar in style and design, but the Ascott is a little less stuffy looking for the June day.

QE2 never did - I remember once, at Ascot I think, when Princess Anne and her mother greeted each other laughing and gesturing at their outfits as they'd both worn the exact shade of plain yellow.

It's possible some of the younger members do speak beforehand about their outfits but we're unlikely to find out if that's the case.

Thank you.

This is a very elegant look for Catherine, and the hat complements it perfectly.

It is a very elegant look for her. The hat is particularly lovely. That style really suits her.

I like the black/white dress at Garter Day. I find it beautiful and elegant.

Last edited:
A lovely dress but it needs a lining/ underskirt.

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=La7hHSeuOB1dIKuYIWjxS1EOUV6pzeII_p5y_A9aUj0=
Oops a daisy.

I think its absolutely fine, and an underskirt wasn't required. Its 2023!

Yeah 2023 doesn't mean not dressing for work. Wearing a see through dress to an event with children, yeah not appropriate.

Pearl clutching is indeed a unique sport! :flowers:

The need for an underskirt wasn’t a prudish observation, just a fact -the light weight, see through material requires a lining.
Oops a daisy indeed. These are all honest observations but for me it was a moment of OMG not again! :ohmy: One of our posters alluded to Catherine's "shyness", and "modesty" and I could not find a photo of her that she looked in the least "retiring".
I decided the only response I can give is to figuratively clutch my pearls, reach for my fan and flutter madly because that photo depicts a specific historical de ja vu and was quite clearly a"rookie" mistake.Clearly Catherine, as no rookie, has no excuse and now makes me wonder if we are in for another throwback to the infamous "thong or commando" comments in the media during their first Australian tour.

The Princess of Wales wearing an Alessandra Rich dress at the Order of the Garter Service today, June 19:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Very elegant ensemble in its time and place and, had it been red and black, would have had me rushing to check my cherished keepsakes from the 80's.

The Princess looked really elegant and a wonderful hat and dress.

For me this outfit screams: LOOK, I wear the same colour as Queen Elizabeth last year, now LOOK at me! Apart from that, the whole outfit has 80s vibes for me again and I honestly googled if Diana wore a very similar one. You know, for the always present "tribute to" effect.
The buttons/decorations were too much. The clover brooch was literally drowned by them.
The shape of the hat was nice and it was good she had the hair in an updo.

The number of outfits that the late Queen wore it would be difficult not to wear the same colour at any given time. Somebody else might look at it as her honouring the late Queen by wearing green.

The Princess of Wales wearing a Self Portrait dress when re-opening the National Portrait Gallery today, June 20:

Another really lovely outfit and colour on the Princess :previous:

The dress fits perfectly and compliments her figure. But her elaborate hairdo, hat makeup and jewelry is truly perfection. Certain photos of her are just lovely, same as during the coronation.

Gorgeous jacket which teams beautifully with the pleating. She’s looking so good lately.

The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 -

I was rather hoping she’d show up in Dior.

Lol- I read somewhere that Camilla did at Ascot. Not to go OT though- I love that blazer on Catherine, especially the black details.

A really beautiful outfit on the Princess and a lovely colour also, I don't however care for the earrings worn today.

Stunning in red. Love seeing her in bright colours. I want the hat.

Can't understand why she bought those ugly earrings when she has acces to some of finest jewelry on earth.

A really beautiful outfit on the Princess and a lovely colour also, I don't however care for the earrings worn today.

I totally agree. Those earrings are a no no. They don’t work with the hat and IMO Royal Ascot requires Royal jewellery. Otherwise, it’s a lovely, striking colour from the Princess.

I think in general the jewelry choices of royals can be baffling. But maybe they use what it’s fashion among their upper class friends and not what we would find appealing.

I love her recent fashion choices in any case. I think she looks a lot more comfortable than she used to as well.

It's a lovely dress and hat, but those earrings look as though they belong to a totally different outfit and event and ruin the effect a bit.

I think the out fit is lovely but not keen on the the color for a hot summers day,

wither a pale pink light yellow, not hot red .

I have to agree with you on that. Lovely dress, but I am not fond of the earrings.

I seem to be alone, but I like the earrings! They are big statement earrings but the rest of her outfit is plain enough that I think they really work.

I’d obviously prefer family jewels, but aesthetically I think it works

Count me in for liking the earrings. Red and black go together!

I seem to be alone, but I like the earrings! They are big statement earrings but the rest of her outfit is plain enough that I think they really work.

I’d obviously prefer family jewels, but aesthetically I think it works

Agreed. The earrings are a good statement piece. And something very different from all the (fabulous) red. It was a pretty simple outfit aside from the earrings.

She looked amazing. Great hat, up do, vibrant colored dress.

I liked the dress, but the colour didn’t seem apt for the outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom