The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the pairing of green and sapphire. Also her hat, she always looks great with a brimmed hat. But those fake bejeweled buttons are just too many, too large and too much. (I would never understand her obsession with buttons :ninja:) And yes very 80s, dated and matronly.

I love the pairing of green and sapphire. Also her hat, she always looks great with a brimmed hat. But those fake bejeweled buttons are just too many, too large and too much. (I would never understand her obsession with buttons :ninja:) And yes very 80s, dated and matronly.

I think she looks great. Call me an 80s lover then.

Obsessed with the colour and the hat! I want it.

The hat and the colour look great on her. I love green with blue but don't like the embellishments on the dress - maybe I would if there were fewer of them.

I could be wrong but those buttons screaming Andrew Gn to me.

Edit: like a hybrid of this and this. (Interesting though I quite love the second black dress with a white turtleneck underneath, that looks elegant and chic.)

Last edited:
The green color is nice but I do not like it for the event. I dislike the huge buttons. It appears Kate is trying to out-do the Queen. I like Kates hair up. Kate always looks nicer and put together with her hair up. I do not like the heavy eye brows. I know Kate has nice thick eyebrows but the added eye brow make up is just too much. (This is not just on Kate but on others too….this fake wide thick look is great for stage/acting).

The hat and the colour look great on her. I love green with blue but don't like the embellishments on the dress - maybe I would if there were fewer of them.

I agree anc loved her outfit ,the shamrock brooch too with the green went lovely.
Also perfect for a future Irish visit!

I agree that the color of the dress and the hat are lovely, but there are too many of the metal embellishments, they're very distracting. The hat is wonderful, though, and makes up for a lot.

Beautiful colour. Love the hat, but oh those buttons are too much and detract from the shamrock brooch . However, I do not agree there’s any intention to upstage the Queen!

For me this outfit screams: LOOK, I wear the same colour as Queen Elizabeth last year, now LOOK at me! Apart from that, the whole outfit has 80s vibes for me again and I honestly googled if Diana wore a very similar one. You know, for the always present "tribute to" effect.
The buttons/decorations were too much. The clover brooch was literally drowned by them.
The shape of the hat was nice and it was good she had the hair in an updo.

Sad that she is judged simply because she wears green ( as Colonel of an Irish regiment) as attempting to draw attention to her resemblance to the previous Queen!

The green is great on her.

And I love the proper hat. Hate the fascinator look. Looks great in a true brimmed hat and this suits her.

But the huge buttons are just distracting and not a good look.

I agree Elly, she wears green for Irish guards. Its the 'Miss Frizzle' uniform. She loves her themes. Navy stripes or military looking clothes for navy/military events. Red for Canada and so on. Now bright green for 'look Irish guards'. Its what have come to expect after a decade. It works here, the green is amazing, but it is her 'match the theme' and not to do with QEII.

Last edited:
I enjoy seeing Catherine in things other than pastels, underbrimmed flower hats, or any of her other "play it safe" outfits. I think most people are aware by now that she's somewhat shy and very self-effacing and has no history of trying to draw undue attention whatsoever.

She's the Princess of Wales. People are supposed to look at her. Sparkle on, ma'am.

Edit: However I wish she had black or navy shoes instead of matching green.

Last edited:
The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2023 -

Her hat is fabulous. Particularly when you’re looking at her from an angle, it really looks good. Love the up-do.

I love that shade of green. It suits her and her role.

I was on the fence with all the embellishments, but the more I look at them, the more I like it.

Loved her earrings.

Not a fan of the big buttons, but the color on her is stunning. I love her earrings. What a great outfit for the occasion.

Lovely hat and earrings. I dont really like the style of the outfit but understand now that it was a nod to her royal colonelcy (is that even a word) - and a lot better executed than Camilla's uniform-type dress.

I think she looks great. Love the hat, she can rock a wide brimmed hat, it looks much more elegant than those stuck on the side of her head fascinator things. The outfit's color is outstanding on her too.

Last edited:
Her hat is fabulous. Particularly when you’re looking at her from an angle, it really looks good. Love the up-do.

I love that shade of green. It suits her and her role.

I was on the fence with all the embellishments, but the more I look at them, the more I like it.

Loved her earrings.

Funnily enough I was of the same view regarding the embellishments, I didn't particularly like them , but I have looked at different photographs of them and they have grown on me. It was the blue and the green that I was unsure of. I wonder if it is one of those things that you need to see close up or in real time to appreciate. I am not sure what the relevance of them is though, is it to give the outfit a military look. Maybe they could be removed and replaced with something else for another occasion / look.

I like the dress, for a moment I thought it was the Rich one she wore for Ascot, but it is not.
The hat could do without the exterior adornment.

I love her hat. I thought the dress is a repeat but probably not, the polka dots are different. I don't understand why she need another black and white polka dots dress while she already had one with exact same sleeves and high-collar. She just bought new pieces to reenact her Ascot's outfit last year (and her Ascot's outfit would be totally fine for this occasion).

Just had a look at last year’s Ascot appearance and can see your point. That aside, this is a lovely dress and the hat is a great pairing. The Princess just oozes elegance.

This is a very elegant look for Catherine, and the hat complements it perfectly.

I have a question I have been wondering about. Do the stylists for the Princess of Wales and other female members of the Royal Family confer to make sure they won't wear the same clothing? Does the Princess of Wales have precedence when it comes to designers?Part of me thinks not because I remember that Catherine and Beatrice have worn the same dress before, not at the same time. But then I read one time that Catherine does have first choice. What is true?

I have a question I have been wondering about. Do the stylists for the Princess of Wales and other female members of the Royal Family confer to make sure they won't wear the same clothing? Does the Princess of Wales have precedence when it comes to designers?Part of me thinks not because I remember that Catherine and Beatrice have worn the same dress before, not at the same time. But then I read one time that Catherine does have first choice. What is true?

QE2 never did - I remember once, at Ascot I think, when Princess Anne and her mother greeted each other laughing and gesturing at their outfits as they'd both worn the exact shade of plain yellow.

It's possible some of the younger members do speak beforehand about their outfits but we're unlikely to find out if that's the case.

For me this outfit screams: LOOK, I wear the same colour as Queen Elizabeth last year, now LOOK at me! Apart from that, the whole outfit has 80s vibes for me again and I honestly googled if Diana wore a very similar one. You know, for the always present "tribute to" effect.
The buttons/decorations were too much. The clover brooch was literally drowned by them.
The shape of the hat was nice and it was good she had the hair in an updo.

The late QEII wore blue to the 2022 Trooping the Color. https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/uk/gallery/queen-elizabeth-platinum-jubilee/index.html

Catherine is likely in green as she's the Honorary Colonel for the Irish Guards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom