The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so.
Lord Mountbatten was opposed to freemasons (although I have never been able to find out why) and convinced Charles not to join.

Philip is a Mason but isn't a current practising mason. He joined shortly after George VI's death because he promised his father-in-law that he would join but he never really continued with his membership.

Of course the Duke of Kent is Britain's leading mason at the moment, a position previously held by Edward VII, as Prince of Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I suppose if his father is so lukewarm.. his favourite uncle definitely against..
then I can understand Charles attitude.
But going back in history to the 18th cent his family have been very involved for eg
George 111's son Augustus Frederick was Grandmaster.
Looks like the Freemasons are gradually losing Royal Patronage !

Where did you hear that he was a freemason?

The story that Charles is a freemason gets trotted out every so often but he is record as saying that he wouldn't join a society like that and that his great-uncle was against it and we know how influenced he was by Mountbatten.

What is surprising is that there was no real counter made by his grandmother, the Queen Mum, whose husband, George VI was a wonderful supporter of freemasonry (I wonder if George had lived longer whether or not Charles would have joined the craft).

One of the attractions for the royals over the years has been that in the lodge they are treated no differently than anyone else - they are 'Brother so and so'

Last thing I heard........... Prince Charles is not
a freemason.
Wonder if he will eventually join the Brotherhood ?

The Brotherhood??
Isn't that a satanic cult...I didn't think Charles would go that far.

"Brotherhood" is also a commonly used term within freemasonry.

One of the attractions for the royals over the years has been that in the lodge they are treated no differently than anyone else - they are 'Brother so and so'

That would certainly be one of the main deciding factor if someone royal were to join.

Prince Charles opened a new expansion to The Glenlivet Distillery in
Speyside, Scotland, the home of The Glenlivet, July 31, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Charles looking great in a kilt. It made me wonder how many kilt 'outfits' he has. [Matching tie, socks, jacket, vest and appropriate lapel badge].

The Brotherhood??
Isn't that a satanic cult...I didn't think Charles would go that far.

From what I know of the brotherhood it is a society that is not dominated by any religious factions. As Satan is predominately a part of the Judeo/Christian tenets of beliefs.. it isn't a part of the Brotherhood at all. The all seeing eye, one of the major symbols of the Freemasons symbolizes their belief in a higher power.. the Grand Architect. this allows for all faiths to join together in a brotherhood.

There is a lot of history and supposed history behind the Freemasons and personally it fascinates me and it'd be a very long post for me to really go into it.

Satanic? NO way..

That would certainly be one of the main deciding factor if someone royal were to join.

Exactly... they'd be just another neophyte learning the ropes and going through the ranks.

Prince Charles looking great in a kilt. It made me wonder how many kilt 'outfits' he has. [Matching tie, socks, jacket, vest and appropriate lapel badge.

I would imagine that if this man has a pair of 40 some year old shoes that he still wears that the kilt and kaboodle that goes with it is the same and well cared for. :)

And yes..he looks very good in a kilt!

I have always thought that Charles looks better in a kilt than any other royal... or any other man, for that matter! He just seems comfortable wearing one. (Nice legs, too) :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That event was a a year and a half ago?

:clap: Vacation at Balmoral will be here soon and then we'll see a whole kith of kilts!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :bounce:

:)
:clap: Vacation at Balmoral will be here soon and then we'll see a whole kith of kilts!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!! :bounce:
Unless you are actually with the royal family at Balmoral, I would be surprised if you saw many pictures, other than the odd glimpse at Crathie :)

:)
Unless you are actually with the royal family at Balmoral, I would be surprised if you saw many pictures, other than the odd glimpse at Crathie :)
I'm sure there will a camera/picture posing by the BRF, you know, scraps for us kilt watchers. :D

From what I know of the brotherhood it is a society that is not dominated by any religious factions. As Satan is predominately a part of the Judeo/Christian tenets of beliefs.. it isn't a part of the Brotherhood at all. The all seeing eye, one of the major symbols of the Freemasons symbolizes their belief in a higher power.. the Grand Architect. this allows for all faiths to join together in a brotherhood.

There is a lot of history and supposed history behind the Freemasons and personally it fascinates me and it'd be a very long post for me to really go into it.

Satanic? NO way..

Thanks for the info.
It made me wonder because I know of a very low profile satanic cult called the brotherhood which is mainly practiced in the U.S and Europe.

Prince Charles laughs as he watches the tug of war competition during the
Mey Highland Games in Caithness, northern Scotland August 7, 2010. Prince
Charles, who holds the title of 'Chieftain' for the games, is attending the
annual event which takes place near to the Castle of Mey, official home of
the Queen Mother in Caithness.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

No Queen this year?
We usually see HM, DoE, Charles and Anne.

Last year we've seen them all at the Braemar Highland Games in
September, Prince Charles tends to attend the Mey Highland
Games in Caithness alone, in 2009 he did so as well.

I'm confusing the two events, thank you for the clarification.

Prince Charles embarked today on a five day tour of the UK to promote sustainable
living. The Prince will be travelling on the Royal Train which is powered by bio fuel
as he takes his tour to cities and towns from Glasgow to London.

Today, September 6, he launched the START Royal Tour at Glasgow Central Station,
visited the START Living Shop and met exhibitors, local producers and visitors at the
launch of START's Sustainable Scotland Festival in St Andrew's Square, Edinburgh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Charles Of Wales Visits Glasgow **

Daily Mail:

** Inside Charles's choo-choo: Spartan office, a single bed... and walls
covered in happy memories as Prince embarks on £50k eco train tour

What a wonderful idea, I do love the royal train.

You're welcome, kakieanne! :flowers:

Yesterday, on day 2, Prince Charles attended two events, he visited the
National Botanical Garden of Wales (you can see him holidung a cut-out
shape of Wales) and opened a new 'START' shop during a visit to the
Cabot Circus Shopping Centre in Bristol together with the Duchess of
Cornwall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Thank you, Lumutqueen! :flowers:

Today, September 8, Prince Charles has visited the Ouseburn Community Farm
in Byker and the Incredible Edible Todmorden initiative that uses public spaces
to grow vegetables, fruit and herbs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio: Prince Charles Of Wales Visits Todmorden **

On September 9, day 3 of Prince Charles' START initiative tour, he visited the
Meadows, Nottingham and the Thinktank Science Museum in Birmingham.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Did anybody watch the documentary on Highgrove last night on the BBC in which Prince Charles talks extensively to Alan Titchmarsh? It was very well done, and PC spent a fair amount of time with Alan

Prince Charles visits Celtic Manor golf course in Newport, Wales, on September
29, 2010. The 2010 Ryder Cup matches between Europe and the US will take
place from October 1-3.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Besides the day event there has also been the "2010 Ryder Cup Dinner" at
Cardiff Castle, Prince Charles attended. European and United States Ryder
Cup teams and their wives had been invited.

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery**

Later there was a "Welcome to Wales" celebratory concert to mark the start
of the 2010 Ryder Cup being held in Wales, at the Millennium Stadium:

** Pic ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom