The Nobel Prize 2002 - 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I just saw the television news with this, Doris Lssing didn´t seem too impressed, judging from her reaction ;).

When will they hand out the prizes?

You´re right Doris Lessong didn´t seem to impressed by it but she has been a favorite for over 30 years and hasn´t got it. The Nobel prince award gala will be taking place the 10th of December. It will be aired here in Sweden the whole evening.

Marie

The prizes will be awarded on 10 December. The Economics, literature, physiology/medicine, physics and chemistry will be awarded in Stockholm, and followed by a gala, while the Peace Prize will be awarded in Oslo on the same day - with a concert following the next day.

Only five more days! I can't wait! :D
Do we know for sure if all the royal children will be in attendance this year or if they wont?

The Royal court website's calendar is as vague as usual: 'The Royal Family' will attend.
Meaning that we can just hope for all three children to be present. Same goes for Princess Lilian - I very much hope to see her. Last year, she attended the ceremony but was unable to go to the following banquet.

Princess Lilian come not to nobel party and high age. She is 92 year and court say to princess Lilian be able to not attend to nobel party. Princess Lilian is much obvious guest many time nobel party from 1976 but she is 92 year old. Princess Lilian have be many time 31 year later in Nobel Party. Court and Princess Lilian have agreed to she come not to Nobel Party at year. She Newspaper from Svenska Dagbladet day.

It's sad to see Lillian will stay away from all Nobel events this year. It is always a pleasure to this grand Lady.
Well, I understand it, but it's sad anyway.

Apart from this: I'm really looking forward to the Nobel Ceremonies and it's always so exiting to see the robes of the Ladies.

and the other members of the RF will attend the award ceremony and the banquet?

Does anybody know what illness Doris Lessing has? A pity that she and Princess Lilian won´t be there!

A great shame we won't see Princess Lilian there. Doris Lessing doesn't strike me as the type to feel put out by missing this ceremony, I think she's just happy to win the award.

I suppose 2006 was the last year for Princess Lilian to attend the Nobel festivities. During that year she made regular appearances all through the year but this year we've seen very little of her... So age is taking out its right and these kinds of events are now ruled out for her it seems, I doubt she'll make a comback at age 93 next year...

The rest of the Royal Family plus Princess Christina are due to attend though.

It is boring Princess Lilian come not attend to nobel party. She is be able to not to nobel party year. She is always guest nobel party many later and now see she is old and 92 year!

I just read on the Scandinavian Royals MB that the court also announced Princess Lilian´s absence last year, and she surprised us all by attenind the ceremony after all! So let´s hope for that!

At royalcourt.se it says that the Crown Princess is in Brussels for a short practice period at the EU head quarters that will last till the 14th, but it also says that the whole Royal Family will attend the Nobel-festivities on the 10th. I suppose she's flying home for the cermony and then back to Brussels again??

Yes, the crown princess will be attend by celebration at 10th December and Gala at castle 11th.

From 12th to 15th December she will be back in Brussel!

At royalcourt.se it says that the Crown Princess is in Brussels for a short practice period at the EU head quarters that will last till the 14th, but it also says that the whole Royal Family will attend the Nobel-festivities on the 10th. I suppose she's flying home for the cermony and then back to Brussels again??

I just read on the Scandinavian Royals MB that the court also announced Princess Lilian´s absence last year, and she surprised us all by attenind the ceremony after all! So let´s hope for that!
That is not correct. Last year they said that she would attend only the Nobel Prize Awarding Ceremony at the Concert Hall but not the following Nobel Banquet at the City Hall. That is also what then happened.

is this thread going to host all the official pictures, etc that occur on Dec 10-th?

is this thread going to host all the official pictures, etc that occur on Dec 10-th?

Yes, all that pertain to the Swedish side of the event. I believe there is another thread for the Nobel Peace Prize in Norway's forum.:)

I think you can watch it via TV4's website (I hope it works also abroad) though with a slight delay. I think the Nobel Foundation's website also carries the day events but not the banquet - Nobelprize.org

Oh, look at Silvia! I don't fancy her dress, but her face and hair is sooo beautiful!
Madeleine, though, should wear her hair down, I think.

Oh, and does Silvia wear the same jewellery cross that she wore in 1976?

Yay, all the royal ladies wear new dresses! Silvia in red, Victoria in black/blue and Madeleine in a one-shoulder dark-red dress

^I can't wait to see pictures!!! I'm watching the video and all the ladies look stunning!

The all look radiant!

I'm impressed by the color of Silvia's dress! Love her hairdo and Tiara!
She looks great!

Victoria looks very elegant (though I do not like that Tiara ;)) and the dress is stunning!
The same goes for Madde!
Elegant and beautiful as always!

Silvia wears the nine-prong tiara and the diamond cross necklace that she wore to the 1978(?) nobel prize cermony. Victoria wears the six button tiara (quite well i think this time - the base looks a little hidden in the hair) and a diamond necklace with a large diamond "pendant" that i don´t recall ever seeing, has someone any info about this piece? Madeleine wears her usual tiara (the Queens gift tiara) and pearl earings, she wears no necklace. Victoria and Madeleines dresses are definatly new, but the queens dress could be the one she wore to the japanece state visit earlier this year, but it looks a bit different and much more dark red then the pink that it look like in japan, but the colors on photos could misslead you about the colours... If it isn´t the "Japanece" dress then it is new - it would be the first time then, i think... Now i shall go back to the tv, watching it live on the big screen tv is fab! Can´t wait for the banquet.

Back
Top Bottom