The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Erik Hellqvist, 75, has moved to Stockholm.
From a document to the Swedish Tax Agency's public records, it appears that he is registered at an address on Norra Djurgården since August 21. Wife Marie has not filed a notice of relocation.
The property is managed by the Royal Djurgården Administration. The king has so-called disposition rights, and thus has the final say on who actually gets to live in the house. Patrick Sommerlath previously lived at the address with his then wife and their twin daughters.
Erik Hellqvist confirms that he has moved down to Stockholm:
- I am in Stockholm and there is nothing else.
Is it to get closer to children and grandchildren?
- Yes, it's always like that, but I don't talk about that.

They have been married for 42 years, a divorce would be a big surprise.
According to Svensk Damtidning, Erik Hellqvist's apartment is only 30 square meters. Perhaps it is just a place for them to stay when they visit Carl Philip and Sofia.
This doesn't seem to match. How can it both be an apartment of 30 m2 as well as a house where Patrick Sommerlath lived with his wife and daughters?

If it would just be a place for them to stay when they visit, it wouldn't make sense for her father to officially make that his permanent address...

This doesn't seem to match. How can it both be an apartment of 30 m2 as well as a house where Patrick Sommerlath lived with his wife and daughters?
Many of the old villas that are administered by the Court on Djurgården have been subdivided into flats. Erik's new home is most likely in the same house where Patrick and his family previously had another flat.

If it would just be a place for them to stay when they visit, it wouldn't make sense for her father to officially make that his permanent address...
It's an appartment complex with lots of flats of different sizes.

It's an appartment complex with lots of flats of different sizes.
I just realised that it's on Norra Djurgården and not Djurgården itself. I thought Norra Djurgården was only newly built houses?

Back
Top Bottom