The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: April - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that makes sense. According to The Hollywood Reporter:
It will be interesting to see if they're able to get a deal elsewhere like the Obamas did with Audible. Given the lack of output at Spotify, it's hard for me to imagine it, but who knows.

I'll be really interested to see if their deal with Netflix survives. Their documentary was obviously a success, but "Pearl" was scrapped and nobody cared about the leadership documentary they helped produce. I suppose a lot will depend on how Heart of Invictus does and if they can prove people care about them in a context not related to his family.

What have they got to say about anything that’s different from anyone else? Once they’ve bitched about Harrys Family, there’s not much really. I guess they could continue to producing and narrating on important issues,they both have nice speaking voices. But they’d have to get over it not been all about them and I am not sure they are ready for that yet.

who is the diplomat. Certainly not Harry nor Meghan
Yeah, but it might be possible that at the time of his entry in US in March 2020 that he would have still carried some form of diplomatic status as a royal who could represent the monarch. His/their status has changed in February 2021. For almost a year he was still a potential representative of The Queen.
During this year he might have applied for a different kind of visa. Or after “The Queen has written”. It’s complicated.

Can't say I'm surprised at all that Spotify pulled the plug. I think a second series would have been a tougher sell. To me, the only A-lister involved was Serena Williams, and She *seemed* to be secondary to Meghan in the Interview. Not the *highlight* either. That Interview was notable because Meghan informed the public of her exaggerated fears and reaction, regarding a "smoking heater* in Archie's room on The South African Tour.

Allegedly, Meghan wanted Reese Witherspoon for the podcast, "Breaking Down The Bimbo". She had to settle for ......Paris Hilton.
No CURRENT Media, Hollywood, or Political "Stars" got involved with Archetype Podcasts, interestingly enough either.

That being said, I completely agree with Kenya and Katymcwaity, that their Netflix Deal is being scrutinized and reviewed. I still think that Netflix must have been furious that Oprah got the initial and heavy "scoops" for free, no less and FIRST. Even though Netflix had signed a contract with The Sussex's previously for big bucks. That must have rankled Netflix Executives.

The last six months have seen an onslaught of criticism and negative reactions to The Sussex's continuous attacks on The Royal Family-Firm and by extension, The UK. That they themselves never anticipated. I mean HOW MANY tawdry stories with cheap allegations against The Family, AND mocking the Institution can you market ? And hope to keep profiting from ? Before it becomes stale, old and.....boring.

I think the interest there is fading. And The Family-Firm has handled them perfectly. By ignoring them. Sidelined them, and now they don't have Frogmore Cottage as a base, and they aren't even invited to Trooping The Colour. Just brilliant.

Does Meghan care, I don't think so, one bit.
But Harry ? On some level I bet he does. And also for his kids sake too......

It will be interesting to see what direction Meghans new management company, WME Entertainment Agency, recommends for her going forward.
Or, if She follows it..........

Last edited:
Can't say I'm surprised at all that Spotify pulled the plug. I think a second series would have been a tougher sell. To me, the only A-lister involved was Serena Williams, and She *seemed* to be secondary to Meghan in the Interview. Not the *highlight* either. That Interview was notable because Meghan informed the public of her exaggerated fears and reaction, regarding a "smoking heater* in Archie's room on The South African Tour.

Allegedly, Meghan wanted Reese Witherspoon for the podcast, "Breaking Down The Bimbo". She had to settle for ......Paris Hilton.
No CURRENT Media, Hollywood, or Political "Stars" got involved with Archetype Podcasts, interestingly enough either.

That being said, I completely agree with Kenya and Katymcwaity, that their Netflix Deal is being scrutinized and reviewed. I still think that Netflix must have been furious that Oprah got the initial and heavy "scoops" for free FIRST. Even as Netflix had signed a contract with The Sussex's previously. That must have rankled Netflix Executives.

The last six months have seen an onslaught of criticism and negative reactions to The Sussex's continuous attacks on The Royal Family-Firm and by extension, The UK. That they themselves never anticipated. I mean HOW MANY tawdry stories with cheap allegations against The Family, AND mocking the Institution can you market ? And hope to keep profiting from ? Before it becomes stale, old and.....boring.

I think the interest there is fading. And The Family-Firm has handled them perfectly. By ignoring them. Sidelined them, and now they don't have Frogmore Cottage as a base, and they aren't even invited to Trooping The Colour. Just brilliant.

It will be interesting to see what direction Meghans new management company, WME Entertainment Agency, recommends for her going forward.
Or, if She follows it..........

Bingo! The only interest they were able to generate was when they were able to trash the Royal Family. They are having difficulty positioning themselves as “influencers” because their basis for doing so are the royal connections they continuously trash.

They are self-important and self- righteous and it has limited commercial value or interest.

I'm Not surprised about the Spotify deal's interruption.

They seemed to have produced little in term of quantity and their production didn't really stand the test of time in term of popularity and public interest (I didn't actually listen to it so I don't know if archetypes was good or not)

I'm curious about the Netflix deal. It seems more successful but there are a lot more money involved so I guess we will just have to wait and see

Since I'm a betting person, I put odds on the Story that Meghan resurrects The Tig to be correct.

She had success with it before. And Meghan knows the ropes about running a "lifestyle blog" where She can spout off on what interests her.

Since I'm a betting person, I put odds on the Story that Meghan resurrects The Tig to be correct.

She had success with it before. And Meghan knows the ropes about running a "lifestyle blog" where She can spout off on what interests her.

But does that provide them with millions, which they surely need to continue their expensive and lavish lifestyle in California?

Supposedly "The Goop", Gwyneth Paltrow Lifestyle Blog ( that was Meghan's inspiration) is worth 250 million. But she also sells lots of weird things too. Like the " candles ", which I won't go into.

I don't really know. Meghan wants to be Oprah and Michelle O level global influential superstar. AND fabulously rich.

But she hasn't found her "niche" to be so, unless She is selling out AND on her Husband's Family.

What a conundrum for someone .......

Last edited:
I'm Not surprised about the Spotify deal's interruption.

They seemed to have produced little in term of quantity and their production didn't really stand the test of time in term of popularity and public interest (I didn't actually listen to it so I don't know if archetypes was good or not)

I'm curious about the Netflix deal. It seems more successful but there are a lot more money involved so I guess we will just have to wait and see

I’m not either.

I read that specifically one of the reasons was the lack of production, which makes sense. I think that lack of production may have cost them monetarily too.

My guess is audience reception played another. Interest faded fast. That was apparent on one of Spotify’s own lists.

I didn’t listen either. Couldn’t get through it. Scanning over the transcripts- it was not good imo. Dated might be a good word for the material. I frankly walked out with a lower opinion of Meghan’s talent and skills.

Netflix was successful because the series was about them. It’s debatable how successful they can be when they are not the subject.

Can I make a bet (no pun intended when you see below) on their future based on recent events involving their now relative, by being Lilibet's godfather, Tyler Perry? I had that feeling the Montecitos' will bounce back into our lives in a TV near you thanks to movie and TV Moghul Tyler Perry.

Tyler, of the Maedea movies fame, is so rich he has his own micro-Hollywood, Tyler Perry Studios in 330 acres in the state of Georgia and just few days ago announced he now is going to own BET (Black Entertainment Television network) Channel and VH1.

My prediction is since Meghan made him part of the British royal family, at least their Duchy of Montecito, via his god-daughter Lilibet I won't be surprised if Tyler continues his patronage of the family he is now part of.

Don't be surprised if in a year from now we are here discussing a potential Harry's new motivational TV show in VH1 where he talks about being hurt by daddy and Will. Or Meghan's new talk show, in BET, where she invites celebrities to talk about...Meghan being a role model to every woman in the Galaxy. Meghan can certainly convert her podcast into a talk show, or a talk-about-me show.

Note aside, I do like Tyler Perry, he came from nothing and became what he is today and uses his power to help others. At the start of YouTube catching up popularity, I recall seen Tyler before he made the Maedea movies. He ran a theater company and presented the Maedea scripts as a live play with lots of improvisation. These plays are still living in YouTube as some of his best work as a writer and actor. And he carried with him all the actors that worked with him before he became famous.

So, I have no doubts I'll see his good heart trapped, I mean, helping Meghan in the future now that he expanded his range into TV stations owner. She's family now.

Last edited:
I'll be really interested to see if their deal with Netflix survives. Their documentary was obviously a success, but "Pearl" was scrapped and nobody cared about the leadership documentary they helped produce. I suppose a lot will depend on how Heart of Invictus does and if they can prove people care about them in a context not related to his family.

i thought Heart of Invictus was also axed. so unless they have something else in the pipeline that has not been reported and given their past record on the axing of Heart of Invictus, pearl and the leadership series, i am curious as to how the netflix deal will work out and whether netflix may also decide to drop them.

that would be interesting and potentially very lucrative for meghan as she can become the next goop. but in all honesty, it would look very strange that they create something goop-like as it would be a platform to sell goods for profit effectively, which seems in stark contrast to what the RF is supposed to do. it wouldn't be 'upholding the values of her majesty' in my opinion, that they said they'd do when they left the RF.

in my opinion, none of the commercial side jobs that royals or semi royals (sarah ferguson) have done and undertaken have been a big success. there's something odd about them working side by side with a commercial company, which i think is the reason why they don't prosper.

(...)
that would be interesting and potentially very lucrative for meghan as she can become the next goop. but in all honesty, it would look very strange that they create something goop-like as it would be a platform to sell goods for profit effectively, which seems in stark contrast to what the RF is supposed to do. it wouldn't be 'upholding the values of her majesty' in my opinion, that they said they'd do when they left the RF.

in my opinion, none of the commercial side jobs that royals or semi royals (sarah ferguson) have done and undertaken have been a big success. there's something odd about them working side by side with a commercial company, which i think is the reason why they don't prosper.

They have already broken that promise over and over again, so that wouldn't hold them back - even more so now she is no longer alive.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: Apr. 2023 -

Indeed it isn’t. Calling them “grifters.” Ouch.

I’d love to know what happened on that zoom call with Harry. It was clearly memorable in all the wrong ways.

It would also seem that there was a plan for Harry to produce something but that never materialized. That makes sense. The deal was with the two of them. Not that Meghan produced much though.

Last edited:
Indeed it isn’t. Calling them “grifters.” Ouch.

I’d love to know what happened on that zoom call with Harry. It was clearly memorable in all the wrong ways.

It would also seem that there was a plan for Harry to produce something but that never materialized. That makes sense. The deal was with the two of them. Not that Meghan produced much though.

Ouch is an understatement. This is stinging truth — take away their titles and you have a spare and a second-rate actress. Truth!

Erm, how many pages are we up to in this forum talking about Harry and Meghan? And this couple still make media headlines whenever they appear.

As for this bloke’s remarks (sorry, never heard of him) How does he know that Harry ‘wasn’t even the favourite son’? Has he spoken to King Charles personally? Because he may get an answer that might surprise him if he did.

It sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me from a man who may not care for royals or British people anyway and is only too glad to pile on now. Wonder what Harry would have to say about HIM? Didn’t like his ideas obviously!

It’s a wonder actually that Harry and Meghan aren’t getting the blame for Spotify’s downturn over the last year and their wholesale shedding of employees!

Oh and according to very recent reports Netflix’s ‘Heart of Invictus’ is still scheduled for release over the summer.

Last edited:
Erm, how many pages are we up to in this forum talking about Harry and Meghan? And this couple still make media headlines whenever they appear.

As for this bloke’s remarks (sorry, never heard of him) How does he know that Harry ‘wasn’t even the favourite son’? Has he spoken to King Charles personally? Because he may get an answer that might surprise him if he did.

It sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me from a man who may not care for royals or British people anyway and is only too glad to pile on now. Wonder what Harry would have to say about HIM? Didn’t like his ideas obviously!

It’s a wonder actually that Harry and Meghan aren’t getting the blame for Spotify’s downturn over the last year and their wholesale shedding of employees!

Oh and according to very recent reports Netflix’s ‘Heart of Invictus’ is still scheduled for release over the summer.

If you follow American football sports you’d pretty much would know who bill Simmons is. A sports commentator legend from his espn days. Very well respected. And he’s an American why would he care about the royals at all. He obviously has a vested interest in Spotify doing well financially. As for the favor son comment anyone can assume that putting one’s business in the street will not endure them to others

Newsflash, this a forum site that talks about royals and we talk about the good and bad on everyone, no exceptions. Being in headlines constantly isn’t always a good thing especially when you’re mainly in them for silly reasons.

Newsflash, this a forum site that talks about royals and we talk about the good and bad on everyone, no exceptions. Being in headlines constantly isn’t always a good thing especially when you’re mainly in them for silly reasons.

I’ve been here since 2014, don’t need news flashes thanks. Talk about the GOOD as well as the bad with every single royal ?????

Last edited:
I’ve been here since 2014, don’t need news flashes thanks. Talk about the GOOD as well as the bad with every single royal ?????

What good have you seen in the Prince Andrew threads from posters here in the past year ?

What can they do though?

Only a relative few of the very large British Royal Family are working members, and only those family members (barring TRH The Wales with the independent Duchy of Cornwall) are paid through the Sovereign Grant/Duchy of Lancaster. Most of them have to get jobs to support themselves somehow, and their position as BRF members inclines them towards commercial jobs due to the nature of royal work (interacting with powerful people, advocating for different organizations, being the common ground among diverse opinions, etc.): marketing and business rather than medicine or law enforcement for example.

TRH The Sussexes were always going to have to get a job after they left the BRF. HRH The Duchess of Sussex background is in acting, and HRH The Duke of Sussex is in the British military. Those skills aren't particular transferrable to a 9 to 5 job, although a bit of creativity can make them so. Their most valuable commodity is themselves, so that's what they're selling. When they're no longer a commodity, they'll figure something else out.

I think the truth is they do make media headlines, but that can actually hurt business. I mean, his book was leaked, it was all over the papers so most people knew the content without having to buy it, likewise with Spotify and Netflix - the "best bits" (or worst bits depending how you look at it) are front page news so it potentially limits the number of people who think they'll actually go listen / watch / read as its all available for free in the media and also people get fatigue from it as its all over the media. None of the businesses they work for are quite frankly bothered about their comments about the RF making front page news, they are bothered about sales/subscriber numbers or viewing figures and if they don't go up what is the point. The front page headlines are great if they help that but I suspect actually they don't.

I've also noticed a lot of their stuff does well when its released but then falls away very quickly suggesting ye there is a core group of people who want to access what they do but its not breaking through to a wider audience.

The truth is indeed brutal

Last edited:

Feeling your frustrations ... but it's only the beginning !

The House of Montecito is sinking faster than i thought.

There was a very discreet investigation here in France about the real financial situation of Archewell and how the Sussexes are playing the philanthropic card while their foundation isn't really helping anyone :

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-...lle-vide-aux-poches-bien-pleines_5764808.html

https://www.france.tv/france-2/envoye-special/4843237-harry-et-meghan-royal-business.html

I will not end well for this pair.

Last edited:
They don't have any discernible talent at this stuff. She was an all right actress. He was in the military. I mean really pretty normal jobs of a fairly middle class family.

Loads of royals have jobs. Most are, like most people, average at it. The royals aren't exceptional people. The positions are. Exception here possible.for Anne and the eventing and definitely Zara who is talented at same.

I think you are being generous. She got acting jobs because she was young and pretty, I dont think she had any real talent.

or anywhere, but from what I've seen of her acting, she is no Sarah Bernhart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom