The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never trust pictures. Publishers have agenda's and post some pictures and not others to promote that.
Eg. "Hey, XX looked grumpy all evening" Yes, that is because the publisher only posted the pictures in which he/she didn't smile. Ignoring all the pictures in which that person DID smile. Doesn't matter who the target is: H&M, W&C, even the King and Queen. They have all been the victim of it.
Always refreshing to hear someone say this.

I will never understand extrapolating (quite seriously, too!) emotions and circumstances from pictures. It's like, do you not know how pictures work?

Or, similarly with videos --> often, people will say, "See? X person is such a narcissist, always looking for the camera."

Unless you're in the same exact location that person is in, and basically, in the same body, it's very, very, VERY difficult to determine exactly what that person was looking for/at.

I'm far from the biggest fan of the Sussexes, but the same assumptions made of their glances just from pictures and 3-second videos are the same assumptions I could make from any given picture of other royal couples.

I never trust pictures. Publishers have agenda's and post some pictures and not others to promote that.
Eg. "Hey, XX looked grumpy all evening" Yes, that is because the publisher only posted the pictures in which he/she didn't smile. Ignoring all the pictures in which that person DID smile. Doesn't matter who the target is: H&M, W&C, even the King and Queen. They have all been the victim of it.
Hear, hear.

(And viceversa. Look how happy, because no non smiling pic is chosen.)

I am sure the monies will be put to good use: building a future next egg for their children, charitable endeavours etc. And none of it, IMO, will go towards PR, Backgrid, buying awards and funding unnecessary security!
I am not sure if he is getting 8 million dollars or pounds, but, either way, that doesn't go a long way in California. I recall the press mentioning that Harry and Meghan's home in Montecito alone cost 14 million dollars.

Harry's inheritance also pales in comparison with the amount the Sussexes are supposed to be gettng from their deal with Netflix. Of course, the Netflix money goes, however, into their TV/movie business, Archewell Productions, rather than their personal accounts, and is used to pay for the company's projects and operating costs.

Last edited:
I am not sure if he is getting 8 million dollars or pounds, but, either way, that doesn't go a long way in California. I recall the press mentioning that Harry and Meghan's home in Montecito alone cost 14 million dollars.

Harry's inheritance also pales in comparison with the amount the Sussexes are supposed to be gettng from their deal with Netflix. Of course, the Netflix money goes, however, into their TV/movie business, Archewell Productions, rather than their personal accounts, and is used to pay for the company's projects and operating costs.

My comments were entirely intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Whilst $8m does not go far in their lifestyles, it could pay off a substantial chunk of their mortgage.

The would have made a substantial sum of money from Netflix and from the publishing deal, but it is difficult to estimate, with any level of precision, how much it might be. Outside of the whine-a-thon, few others projects were delivered to Netflix. They have also probably spent a lot of money on litigation, security, PR, awards, failed ventures etc, so it is difficult to tell what their true financial position actually looks like.

Also, it remains a grey area as to what revenues and costs are personal to them and what is put in their companies

Yes, if he is paying millions for security per year, that sum won't go far. Still, it is probably a very welcome income.

Everything I’ve read, (and I don’t know that I believe that the media has any knowledge of these trust funds at all) has stated that the sum Harry will receive is eight million pounds, not dollars.

Back
Top Bottom